SCRIPT 3

The Break Up

“Why are you so late?” GD greeted Hyejeong when the latter arrived.

“Why are you here? What if the reporters found out?”

“Why is it that we cannot see each other? We’re family, right?”, GD said gulping another can of beer. “You…You are my big girl and this is my baby girl”, he said pulling Dara and Hyejeong for a hug.

“How many have you drunk?”, Hyejeong asked Dara while struggling to get out of GD’s embrace. Dara motions the empty cans under the table.

“I think they had an argument”, Dara whispers to Hyejeong.

“No. No, we didn’t. She broke up with me! How could she do that? It was her crazy idea to let Dara be my girlfriend. Why is she so angry now? She didn’t expect everybody would love Dara? How could you not? My baby girl is so adorable, she is kind, she is pretty and she likes me best”

“Enough, GD! Who would believe that the two of you broken up if this goes out? You are not making things easy”, Hyejeong exhales.

“We did! I told you she broken up with me earlier”, GD argued back.

Hyejeong whapped him on his head. “I’m not talking about Chaera! And I’m an idiot for even talking to someone who’s drunk”

“I already called Mino to pick him up. Are you sleeping here tonight Unnie?”, Dara asked trying to sits GD up.

“I’m sleeping in here too!”, he declared collapsing next to Hyejeong.

“Ugh! GD you’re heavy! GD!”

The next morning. Dara is in the kitchen preparing for breakfast when GD sleepy walks in.

“Where is Hyejeong?”, he asked sitting on the chair and putting his head on the  table.

“She left earlier. Are you alright? Why are you here anyway?”, she asked serving him a hangover soup and breakfast.

“I used to be here all the time”, he answered smelling the food.

“That’s not what I mean. You’re supposed to be Vietnam”

“I still have five days”

“This is about Chaera, right?”

GD sighs and remembered what happened last night. He purposely went back to surprise her but…

Let’s break up”

“What?”

“I can’t do this anymore GD. I’m tired of this, meeting you like this”

“Chaera…is this some kind of a joke?”

“I don’t want to give up my career I worked hard and still working hard to build just for it to be crushed by some crazy fans of yours. I’m done with that a long time ago”

“We’ve talked about this, we’ll just have to wait for a year and we can freely go out”

“Just a year you say? Do you know how long that is? I’ll probably be force to quit by then while…”

“Dara? Dara!Dara!it’s all about her! When will you stop competing with her? When all she ever does is to help you? To help us”

“Help me? In what? In giving me all those project that has been rejected by her? I started earlier and then she came just like that? I have to leave, change my agency just to move away from her shadow”

GD look at her exasperatedly.

“How convenient it is to let people put blame on me for a relationship break-up that didn’t even exist and while she’s there getting all the sympathy, I am here at the verge of losing my career”, Chaera added.

“Can you hear yourself Chaera? It was you who conveniently put her in that place. You planted that idea with everyone to shift the attention from the rumors about us! Don't you remember how you implied in one of your interviews that I was dating her?”

“I wasn’t expecting she’ll be accepted that easily ,when all of us including me were welcome by harshness”

“GD…”, Dara looked at him frowning. That call returned him back.

“Sorry about last night. I just don’t know…it’s a habit running to you whenever I don’t feel ok. I just feel like everything is going to be alright if you’re with me”

She chuckled. “Am I a genie?”

“No”, he smiled cutely at her. “You’re my soulmate...my twin"    

********

“Can’t you do better than that?”,GD shouted at one of his dancers. They’re rehearsing and he’s not in a good mood that he flared up to every little mistakes.

“Everyone, Out.”, Taeyang, his dance coach called before going to him. “If you’re tired, we can rest for a now. We still have time to do the adjustment”

“I’m sorry. I’m too distracted”

“So unlikely of you”, Taeyang commented. “But I must admit, you’re still good though”, he added and then notices Dara at the door. “And our savior is here. Jinu would be too sad to learn that you two are still like this”, he smiled at him and walks by, greeting Dara on his way out.

“Luckily I bought some”, she handed him a chocolate marshmallow. “Something sweet for the grumpy old man”

He smirked accepting it. “Have you seen Jinu?”, he asked. Jinu is one of their singers who likes Dara. Only few people in the company knew about him and Chaera though Chaera was with the company before as a trainee. They all believe that he and Dara are together for real.

“I just saw him at the lobby earlier. Why?”, she asked not looking at him and still looking for something inside the grocery bag. “Luckily Mino’s there to slipped me in, everybody’s having that weird stare at me”

“Did he ask you out?”

“Who? Mino? Why?”

“Jinu”

“Ahh…for his concert? I thought his activity will be after yours”

“I mean, ask you out on a date”

“Why would he do that?”, she answered giving him a bar of chocnut, a local chocolate brand. “I was too happy to see this at the store, it’s rare isn’t it”, she beamed.

He smiled at her, thankful that she understands without asking him. Chaera’s agency releases their statement about him and Chaera, clarifying that they are just old friends and that Dara and Chaera are close friends too, they even went back to the time that Chaera supported them when she was still in the same company with him, and all other excuses they can have to assure the fans that she was not the reason for him and Dara’s break up.

********

At the office of President Yang.

“Hyejeong will freak out if she knew Dara’s here”

Chairman Kwon just smiled at his brother. “She’s too concern that see can’t see things clearly”

“I, myself don’t know what to do with those two. They’re just like magnets, I guess being friends and being with each other, although it’s fake, for so long makes them like that. We wouldn’t be trouble if they just decided to be together for real but I think the bigger problem is with GD”

“I don’t think so, it’s her. Dara is too distant, she’s too pessimistic about someone loving her. She doesn’t see the way people sees her”, Chairman Kwon laughs.

“You like her too much”, President Yang teased.

“What’s there not to like about her?”

********

Vietnam

“What’s that Mino?”

“Ah, this? Kimchi! Dara packed this for me and some other side dishes”

GD frowned. “For you?”

“She usually does whenever we’re outside the country. Luckily she packed so many since we're going straight to the next concert venue”

“I didn’t know that”

“Ey! You’re always busy hiding away with Chaera whenever we’re outside so Dara and I used to hang out with that she discovers I didn’t like foreign foods. I suddenly miss her, she used to follow the concert tour before to distract everyone from Chaera’s presence”

GD sighs.
********

“Thank you Minzy”, Dara smiled at her. They're in the airport.

“I’m getting myself into trouble giving in to you”

“I’ll be back as soon as I can, promise”

“Be careful and don’t attract any attention on you. Call me from time to time”, Minzy sighs and waved Dara goodbye as Dara went out of their rented car.

******************