SCRIPT 4

The Break Up

Dara happily waits for her flight to the Philippines to watch GD’s concert, she couldn’t go to Vietnam so she’ll be going to the next concert until that man approached her. She suddenly feels her heart beating fast.

“It’s you again”, she said in a quiet voice.

“I’m sorry if I had to leave like that the last time and for approaching you like this but please I need to talk to you”

"I’m sorry but I can’t…I”

“Please”, the man said, his begging eyes caught Dara’s attention. “I need to go back to China tomorrow and I just really need to talk to you. Please…noona”

She was frozen when she heard that last word. She swallowed hard trying to block the memories rushing in.

********

“What do you mean she’s not there? Mino, I clearly sends her to the airport, you’re the only person who knows that she’s coming”

“I told you she didn’t come. The person I asked to pick her up said so; we even check the passenger’s list. She didn’t board the plane”

“But she’s not here”, Minzy started biting her nails. “What should I do?”, she mumbled. “She’s not even answering her phone”

“She might be at home”

“I just went there earlier”

“At the mansion?”

“Hyejeong would surely scold me if she’s not there. Anyway, thank you”

“Call if you find her”

Minzy walks back and forth trying to figure out where Dara could be when a call came in.

“Dara! Where are you?”

“Can you pick me up?”

********

Minzy quietly stares at Dara. They’re at Hyejeong’s office. She’s worried because Dara didn’t tell her anything the other day; she just quietly sits there beside her in the car when she picked her up in a church near the orphanage where she grew up. Until now she’s acting awfully distant and that makes her anxious.

“The script is good. I think exploring on this genre will be good for you. Dara, are you listening to me?”, Hyejeong frowned.

“Ah yes, Hyejeong. I like the script too”

“Are you sick? You don’t look fine”

“I’m fine, just a little tired”

“Alright, go home. I think you’re going to get sick, we’ll cancel your radio guesting this evening”

“Thank you Unnie”

Minzy and Dara are at the door when Hyejeong called Minzy.

“I need to discuss something with you. Let Psy send Dara home”

Hyejeong waited until Dara’s out of the office before speaking to Minzy.

“Minzy, you know why I put Dara in your care, right?”

“I know”, she answered lowering her head.

“She’s like a sister to me, a family, and if there’s one thing I can complain about her is that she isn’t someone who neither opens up easily nor complains”

“Yes President Hyejeong”

“So, would you care to tell me what’s going on?”

“I’m sorry President Hyejeong”

“What happened, Minzy?”

“She’s about to go to the Philippines to watch GD’s concert but she didn’t go and then she just called me to pick her up at the orphanage”

Hyejeong exhales. “Did something happen at the orphanage?”

“I already called Sister Mary but she said they didn’t see her”

“Alright, watch her closely from now on, I don’t feel good seeing her this way.

********

“Chaera, are you having an affair with President Han?”

Seungri can’t help asking after seeing them all flirty earlier. Chaera ignore her manager and just continue memorizing her lines.

“Did you dump GD for him? You said you wanted to focus on your career, what is this? Did you throw your four-year relationship for this?”

“Do I really need to justify my every action to you?”, she said irritated.

“You told me you’re tired having to share GD with Dara. Chaera, President Han is a married man”

“President Han can do so much for me”

“Chaera…”

“Before, I thought if I can have GD everything will be alright but that wasn’t the case, loving him is too tiring”

“I still don’t get why you are putting yourself in this depraved situation”, Seungri exhales.

********

Two weeks later, Dara started shooting for her film.

Dara looked around her trying to figure out where to escape, fear flooded her face when the men started approaching her. “What are you doing?”, she asked fearfully, someone started grabbing her on her wrist.

“Ok cut. Good Dara. Let’s try another angle”

She breathes sharply, her heart started to pound crazily; she keeps reminding herself that she’s filming. She’s sweating bullets and has passed out when Minzy approched her.

In her sleepy state she can hear Hyejeong’s voice. She must have been talking to someone on the phone since it’s only hers that she can hear.

“She’s fine, you know that Director Han is known for extreme scenes. That is needed to establish her vengeful character”

Silence.

“That’s being unreasonable GD. Why would I break the contract?”

Silence.

“Fine! You pay for it!”

Hyejeong breaths heavily and then notice Dara sitting up from her hospital bed.

“Was that GD?”, Dara asked guessing.

“He called as soon as he read the news. I’m still pretty amaze on how the internet works”

“I’m sorry for worrying you”

“Are you alright now?”, Hyejeong asked gauging Dara.

“Yes, I’m fine”

“I know this may not be the right time but I think we seriously need to talk”

Hyejeong said looking intently at her.

******************