One

Beautiful Eyes

"Jongin! Turn down those lights!" Jungah hissed.

"Oh! Sorry!" A click was heard.

"Are you ready, Kyungsoo?"

The boy simply nodded, bracing himself. His heart was racing, pearls of sweat gathered on his forehead at the anticipation and the fact that he had no idea what to expect. He was shivering, thinking of how big a step in his life this was.

And just like that, Jungah untied the fabric that covered his eyes. Kyungsoo blinked. The unfamiliar feeling of the wind on his previously covered skin tickled him as he slowly tried to open his eyes. It took a while for the blurry images to form one, complete, perfect image, for his eyes to adjust to the light it had hardly seen.

Kyungsoo could not explain what he saw through words. Only tears. Colours. Lights. It was so... mesmerising. When so many things he was missing out on for the past 19 years were uncovered all at once, he was definitely overwhelmed by it.

The world was so... beautiful. 

Kyungsoo knelt to the ground and sobbed. He didn't know why exactly he was sobbing. Was it because he was happy? Overwhelmed? Or was it because of his mom? Maybe all three, who's to say?

Tears began to stream down Jungah's cheeks too as she lightly patted his shoulders. Poor kid, she thought, there's only so much you can learn without being able to see. 

When Kyungsoo had finally managed to stop the tears, he stood up and looked at the three people that stood in front of him, wiping his damp eyes. 

"Kyungsoo, meet my- your family." Jungah said, smiling. She pointed at the slightly older male, "This is my husband, Junmyeon." The man walked up to him and Kyungsoo quickly bowed. Kyungsoo didn't know much about communicating with others since he rarely ever interacted with people, but his mom taught him all there was to know about manners. 

"Welcome to the family, Kyungsoo." The man gave me a friendly smile.

"Th-Thank you, Sir."

"This is Amber, my daughter." Jungah pointed at the slightly tomboyish girl in the middle. She smiled up at Kyungsoo and bowed.

"I'm hoping we can best chums!" She exclaimed. Kyungsoo smiled, not exactly knowing how to react.

"And finally, this is my son, Jongin."

A tall male stood to the far right, hands in his pockets as he leaned against the door frame. And Kyungsoo didn't know what it was, but he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of him.

Perhaps it was because he found him much, much more beautiful than the world he had just seen.

The tall male also kept staring at him, an unreadable expression on his face. He looked almost dazed. And at that moment, they just continued staring at each other, not knowing why, but none of them had the will to stop.

Jungah cleared behind Kyungsoo, "Jongin!" She hissed. That seemed to snap him out of his daze as he stood upright and awkwardly cleared his throat. "Oh, ahem, hey. I'm Jongin. Welcome to the family." He said in monotone.

"Oh well! Now that we're all done with the introductions, let's show him around the house!" Jungah exclaimed, breaking the awkwardness in he air.

-_-_-_-_-

 

After Jungah had shown Kyungsoo around the house, she led him to his new room to settle in. There was a normal-sized bed, a closet, a dresser and a small couch. It wasn't anything too exquisite but it was cozy. Everything about this house and this family made him comfortable. As he took in his surroundings with his new-found abilities (or at least that was what he thought of it), a gentle knock sounded from his door.

"Come in."

The doorknob twisted and Jongin appeared, scratching the back of his head. 

"Hey um... I was wondering if you needed any help."

"I'm good, thanks."

"Nah, I insist." Jongin invited himself over and sat down across him on the bed. "So, where do we start?"

"I really don't have much stuff... I can take care of it myself."

"Hyung- can I call you Hyung?"

"Sure..."

"I'd like for us to be good friends. This seems as good a place to start as any."

Kyungsoo felt the heat rush to his cheeks. Before he could respond, Amber walked into the room.

"No way. Kyungsoo's gonna be MY bff."

"Shut up, Amber." Jongin rolled his eyes.

Kyungsoo didn't know what to think as the siblings began to argue, but there was a certain warmth he felt in his chest. 

It all just felt so natural.

And for a second, he couldn't believe what he was being deprived off all these years. It was weird but, he began to feel distaste towards his mother. Not hatred, but distaste. Sadness. 

That was when Kyungsoo decided- he was going to learn about the world all that he couldn't before. He was going to learn how to communicate, to be normal. 

"Hey... Why are you crying?" Amber asked worriedly. Without realizing it, a tear had managed to slip through his eye. Amber sat in front of him with a hand lightly on his shoulder, which only made Kyungsoo cry even harder. 

"I-I'm sorry..." Amber stammered, not really knowing how to react in this situation.

Jongin, however, stood in front of the bed, his eyes burning into Kyungsoo. Such beautiful eyes should never have to cry, he thought.

"We should probaly give him some alone time." The tall boy said. Amber had an unsure look on her face, but nodding her head understandingly, she stood up. The two siblings left the room and gently closed the door behind them. 

Kyungsoo lost count of the amount of times he had cried since his mother died. It's only been a few days, but the amount of events that happened in them were far too many. He remembered the fear and intimidation he felt when the police interrogated him. The unsureness, yet comfort he felt when he took hold of that woman's hand. The idea that everything was changing, literally, not only excited him, but scared him in equal measure, or maybe even more. And again, he felt so safe in this strangers' house. The self-contradictory thoughts swirling in his head made him want to scream out in frustraion. But, not wanting to be too loud, he resorted to small weeps of agony.

Completely oblivious of the fact that Jongin was standing right outside his door, listening to his mournful cries.

He wanted so bad to comfort him but he didn't know how or what to say.  At first, Jongin wasn't too keen on the idea of a stranger joining in their household. But the moment that blindfold came off and Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he found himself speechless, his cool demeanor vanishing in seconds.

They were the most beautiful eyes Jongin had ever seen.

Jongin couldn't understand what kind of mother would do such a thing to her son. Concealing his eyes and cutting off all social relationship? No matter what happened wih her or why she came to take such a decision, it was not right at all. In fact, it was crazy. She must have been retarded he thought. Though he never met her or even saw her face, he already hated her for making this boy cry.

At that moment, as the tall boy stood outside his door, he decided he never wanted it to happen again. He never wanted to see his tears again. It was weird, but his heart hurt for Kyungsoo. He felt sorry for him. Enough of his life had gone down the drain, he was determined to make sure the rest was full of happiness.

 -_-_-_-_-

After Kyungsoo was done settling into his room, a soft knock was heard on his door. 

"Kyungsoo, can I come in?" It was Jungah.

"Yeah." The doorknob twisted open and the woman stepped in as Kyungsoo stood up and bowed at her.

"I wanted to talk to you." She said as she closed the door behind her, sitting down on his bed. "I know it's rough since everything is so different now but I assure you," she took his hand between hers, "me and my family will do everything we can to make you happy. And if you ever need anything, we're all here for you. Jongin's room is right across yours, too."

Kyungsoo smiled and looked down. "Thank you, Mrs. Kim. I, also, will try my best to change and open up a new page in my life."

 

X X X

 

A/N So that was the first chapter. It definitely wasn't as long as I wanted it to be and I kept cutting off a lot of stuff so yeah :P I know it wasn't very interesting but I promise the next chapters are gonna be much better and probably longer. Also this is my first time writing in third person so I hope it's not awkward to read or anything. So far you guys have been so supportive in the comments and I hope I can deliver to you the best experience possible  :)

Regarding the length of this story, I don't plan on making very long, probably around 5-10 chapters, but nothing's for sure just yet. I usually don't like prolonging stories since I start to lose interest and inspiration and it ends up pretty bad.

SO YEAH, thank you all for reading and subscribing and I hope you all enjoy reading my story! Until next time!

Sammie XOXO