Epilogue

Beautiful Eyes

Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open as he was met with the dull ache in his lower back. One look at Jongin's sleeping form next to him and the pain was long forgotten. A light blush tinted his cheeks as he studied his lover's peaceful face. It was the sight he had wanted to see every morning when he woke up in the hospital. Looking at his lover at that moment, he felt like a void inside him has been filled. He felt like now there was something very personal between them, and it was going to be harder than ever to let go. In just those short few months, Jongin had made up for the past 19 years of Kyungsoo's life. Everything felt so surreal that time, way too good to be true. Something had to go wrong at some point. right? Nonetheless, Kyungsoo swore at that moment that he would do whatever it took to protect what they had. He wasn't going to let anything come in between them. The road was long ahead of them, and there were going to be many bumps and cracks along the way. They would either break them or make their relationship stronger. Kyungsoo was determined to make sure it was the latter. 

"Morning, baby." Jongin whispered, and the elder was so lost in thought he didn't realize Jongin was staring at him the whole time. His eyes were thick with sleep and love. 

"Good morning." Kyungsoo leaned forward to softly kiss him, a kiss so soft and so chaste but held so much love behind it. 

"Checking me out early in the morning, I see." Jongin said with a hint of a smile on his face. Kyungsoo loved how deep and husky his voice sounded in the morning.

"I can't help it." The elder boy bit his lip and dug his face into Jongin's neck.

"I see we both have the same problem." Jongin sighed as he took in his boyfriend's warmth. "So what does one usually talk about at a time like this? Oh right, we're supposed to be all cheesy and romantic."

"We don't have to copy what other couples do. Let's write our own story."

"Hm... fair enough." Jongin suddenly flipped himself over and pinned the shorter boy below him. He began to place kisses all over his neck and Kyungsoo whimpered slightly.

"W-What are you doing?"

"Writing our own story." 

Their still very bodies were flush against each other as Jongin lightly nipped at his earlobe. A knock on the door made them both jump instantaneously.

"Alright, party's over, you two. Breakfast is ready." Amber called out. Jongin reluctantly pushed himself off the elder as Amber added, "Oh and by the way, I know what you two have been up to last night. Don't think I was born yesterday." Jongin could almost hear the smirk on her face and Kyungsoo blushed profusely at the thought of Amber having heard them. "Jonginnie, we better have a talk later." 

Jongin gulped. He knew that the moment she called him 'Jonginnie', he was screwed.

 

* * *

2 years later

* * *

After much thought, Kyungsoo had agreed to audition for the university Jungah was talking about. He sang the same song he did for Jongin that day at the karaoke. The pride and happiness he saw in his boyfriend's eyes as he sang melted away all his anxiousness, even through he was so nervous he thought he was going to piss his pants. He simply forgot the rest of the audience and sang for the one he loved, just like he did that day at the karaoke. Eventually, he got accepted into the university and had been studying music for a good two years. As for Jongin, he was studying dance in the same university. It was difficult for Kyungsoo to adapt to such a different environment at first. He started out as that one antisocial kid in class that no one talked to. Later, a few students in his class began to talk to him and his friend circle just started expanding from there. He was well-liked by students and teachers alike. True, things weren't always bright and jolly and there were moments when he just wanted to break down and hide from the world when the feeling of having so many people around him was just too overwhelming to handle, but he eventually got back on his feet.

Life went on.

 

Kyungsoo smiled when he saw his boyfriend waiting for him outside his class. He jogged towards him and hugged him lovingly. 

"Hey, jagi." Jongin kissed the top of his head, "You seem to be in a good mood."

"I'm in a great mood. Got an A on my mid-terms." 

"That's wonderful, babe." The taller boy kissed him passionately on the lips.

"Yah... Not in public." Kyungsoo pulled away reluctantly when he realized the kiss was lasting too long. He didn't miss the few people that stared at them.

"Then let's go home so I can kiss you as much as I want." Jongin whispered in his ear before pulling away and winking. He took the smaller boy's hand in his and led them towards his car. 

"How did class go?" 

"Meh, nothing new really. Sehun and I are still practising for our upcoming showcase." Jongin shrugged as he got into the driver's seat of his Jeep. The ride home was equally filled with comfortable silence and lively chatter. 

"Don't forget I'm taking you out today. Wear something nice." Jongin reminded as he pulled into the driveway.

"How could I forget? I've been waiting for the day I get time to spend with you since like forever."

Jongin smiled as he pinched his adorable boyfriend's cheek, "Your wait ends here. Come on, let's go in."

* * *

"It's freezing. Gosh Jongin where are you taking me?" Kyungsoo shivered, rubbing his palms together to get some heat in them. After a pleasant dinner at an elegant restaurant, Jongin said he had a surprise planned for Kyungsoo. Next thing he knew, the taller boy was standing behind him, covering his eyes, as he led him through the chilly winter night to God knows where. 

"Just a little longer, baby."

After walking for a few minutes, they finally came to a halt. Jongin leaned in close to his lover's ear and whispered, "Happy birthday, Kyungie."

"Y-You remembered?" The elder breathed. He himself had forgotten about his own birthday because it had been so busy these days. He knew Jongin was even busier with the showcase coming up in a few weeks, yet he still took time to arrange for him a surprise for his birthday. 

"How could I forget the birthday of the love of my life?"

Kyungsoo felt the heat spread across his cheeks but he couldn't help the cheesy smile on his face. Jongin never failed to make him feel like a teenage school girl.

"Do you plan on uncovering my eyes anytime soon?" 

"Yes. Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The smile slowly disappeared from his face as he took in the sight in front of him.

It was his mother's grave. 

There were candles and flowers all over it, presumeably Jongin's handiwork. It shone brightly in comparison to the rest of the cemetary and, accompanied with the moonlight, it looked almost ethereal. But Kyungsoo didn't understand why they were here. 

"J-Jongin-"

"Shh..." The taller turned him around so he could look into his eyes. He caressed his face softly and smiled, "There's something I have to tell you. So please, just listen." 

Swallowing a little, Kyungsoo slowly nodded. 

"All my life, no one ever made me feel the way you did. I never loved someone as much as I love you. I never wanted someone as much as I want you. And I just realized... it's impossible for me to function without you. You became my everything the day I first fell in love with you. Your pain was my pain, and my pain was yours. It just feels so right with you. Everything feels right. And I want to take this moment to say this before it's too late, in case tomorrow never comes. I just want you to know this." 

Jongin intertwined their fingers together, "The reason I brought here is because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have a home with you, have those twenty kids you always wanted, raise them together and grow old together. Years ago my only dream was dance but now... you're my new dream, Kyungsoo."

Tears were now gathering in the elder's eyes and they slightly widened when he saw Jongin kneeling down on one knee in front of him, the snow wetting his pants but he just didn't care. 

"I brought you here to ask for your mother's blessings." He dug a hand into his coat and pulled out a velvet box, "Marry me, Do Kyungsoo."

Jongin's eyes were welling with tears too. "Please."

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo was now bawling his eyes out. How did he ever come across someone as perfect as Jongin? 

"Babe why are you crying? Is it too soon? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" He stood up immedietely to cup his lover's face.

"No! No! I'm crying because I'm happy you Pabo." Kyungsoo continued to cry, and the taller boy pulled him into his chest, breathing him in. 

"What did I ever do to deserve you, Jongin? I love you so much it hurts." Kyungsoo sobbed into his boyfriend's chest, clawing at his shirt.

"You are perfect to me. Absolutely flawless. And I want to spend every moment of my life with you. If you let me."

They stood there silently for a while as Kyungsoo's sobs died down into soft occasional whimpers. 

"Yes." He whispered.

"What?"

"Yes. I'll marry you, Jongin. I love you and I also want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"For real?" Jongin pulled away excitedly.

"Yes." Kyungsoo smiled. 

"Did you hear that, Omonim?" He turned to the grave, "He agreed! You agreed!" Jongin was jumping around excitedly before pulling out the red velvet box and grinning at Kyungsoo. "Can I?"

The elder rolled his eyes but held his hand out before Jongin slid the ring onto his ring finger with little to no resistance. He then immediately pulled him in and kissed him passionately on the lips like his life depended on it.

"Thank you..." He whispered against his lips, "Thank you for making me the happiest man alive." And he kissed him again, this time leaning down to pick his boyfriend up and carrying him bridal style.

"W-Where are we going?" Kyungso breathed as his boyfriend began to walk to the car. The latter simply smirked. 

"I booked a hotel room for us. Let's just say neither of us are gonna be getting any sleep tonight." He said, lightly smacking the elder's . 

"Yah! Hands off!"

"You're right. I should save it for when we get to the hotel room." 

The smaller blushed crimson but he had to admit, the idea didn't sound bad to him. 

At all. 

 

Fin.

 

 

I know this one took me forever but it's finally here! This story is finally over! Thank you guys so much for your amazing comments and support even though I didn't really give my all to this fic. It's just my first here though, hopefully a start for many more to come :) I'll definitely try to improve my writing and character developmeny from here on out. 

Again, thank you all for being through this journey with me and I'm happy to announce this fic complete!

Love, Sammie!