Five (I'll be your eyes)

Beautiful Eyes

A/N Thank you guys for all the supportive comments ^_^ This one's for all of you. 

 


 

"Mom, what happened?" Jongin asked as soon as the three got back. "Where did you guys go?" 

Seeing the devastating look on all three of their faces, he began to become increasingly worried. It was already weird how they just up and left all of a sudden without saying anything.

"Mom!" Jongin was becoming frustrated.

"Jongin, please! Just... please." Jungah quickly left them and walked into her room, shutting the door behind her.

"Dad?" His father also had his head down with an unreadable look on his face. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?"

Junmyeon sighed, "Kyungsoo, go on. Get some rest. Jongin, Amber, I have to talk to you both." Kyungsoo quickly nodded his head a scurried away to his room, not once showing his face. Jongin's gaze followed the older boy curiously. 

"What's wrong dad? You guys are worrying me..." Amber said as the three took a seat in the living room.

"We uh... We were at the hospital-"

"What?! Why? Did something happen?" 

"For God's sakes Jongin will you let me speak?" Junmyeon was clearly not in a very good mood. 

The tall boy cleared his throat and muttered a small "sorry."

"We had Kyungsoo do an eye scan. You guys know that his father lost his eyesight and well, we wanted to know if it was some sort of genetic disease." The two siblings' eyes grew larger and larger with worry.

"A-And?" Amber knew that by the way their parents were acting, it couldn't be good news.

Junmyeon sighed. "I'm afraid to say that we were right... It's an inherited disease he got from his father."

"Oh my God." Amber gasped, putting her hands over .

"There will be gradual vision loss with age until he..." Junmyeon couldn't find it in him to complete the sentence.

"I-It can be cured right? Right?" Jongin asked worriedly.

"The doctor told us that surgery is possible but... there is a 20% of it being unsuccessful. And if that happens... he will become permanently blind. So our only two choices is to wait for his eyesight to gradually deteriorate or to go through with the surgery, and that could go both ways..."

Jongin sat there, speechless, while a few tears slipped out of Amber's eyes. 

"This can't be happening... I-Isn't there anything else we can do...?" Jongin desperately asked. 

"All we can do is buy him some more time by making him wear UV-blocking sunglasses, since light can damage his eyes. His eyes are in pretty good shape right now because... well... of his mother... so he has another 20 years before he starts experiencing symptoms and another 20 or so before he actually loses his vision. Wearing the glasses could stretch that period out-"

"But it still won't solve anything. He's still gonna become blind." Amber whispered with her head down.

Her father sighed. "Yes."

"..." Jongin clenched his fists before getting up and stomping down the hallway towards Kyungsoo's room. 

"Jongin... please give him some time alone... W-We'll choose carefully... together." Amber put a hand on his shoulder.

"What about what he wants? Kyungsoo has the right to choose. These are his eyes."

"Then give him time to think. Alone. Wouldn't you want to be alone if you were in his situation?"

Jongin sighed but simply nodded his head, walking into his room and closing the door behind him.

 

Thoughts raced around is Kyungsoo's head. He was sad, of course. He also felt pity for himself. But most of all, he was angry. Angry at the world that snatched what little hope he had and tore it to pieces. That light that could see now was going to be taken away from him. 

Again.

Kyungsoo wept. He cried until his eyes had no more tears. He knew he was loud and that everyone could probably hear him from outside but that was the last of his concerns, if it even were one at all. He was in mourning. He didn't know how long he was in his room, on his bed, crying his eyes out, because he completely lost track of time. It could have been minutes, or hours, or even days. Who's to say?

He seemed to be snapped back to reality, however. when the door to his bedroom flung open and Jongin stood there, his eyes red. It was when Kyungsoo's loud cries had turned into soft weeps of sorrow, all energy drained from his body.

"Hyung..." Jongin walked over to his bed and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo tightly, feeling the wetness on his shoulder from the elder's tears. Kyungsoo was taken aback by the contact. Jongin had never hugged him like this.

"P-Please stop crying, hyung. I know you need some time alone but I couldn't help it. I couldn't just sit back and listen..."

It took Kyungsoo a while to reply as he took a moment to absorb the situation. Being in someone's arms had never been this comforting. He never even felt this much comfort with his own mother.

"I-I don't want to be alone." He croaked out. "I don't."

Jongin tightened his arms around him, if that were even possible. "Then you won't. I won't leave you alone."

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and willed himself to stop crying. Because now, when Jongin held him like this, he just knew that everything was going to be okay.

He in a large intake of breath. "I-I'm going to go through with the surgery."

Jongin stiffened.

"I've decided. I-I don't want to end up like my father."

The younger boy pulled away to look him in the eyes. 

"But... what if it fails? You could..." He couldn't complete the sentence.

"Then... Then at least I'll have tried."

"Are you sure about this?" Jongin softly his cheek. As Kyungsoo stared at the younger boy in front of him at that moment, he knew he had never been more sure. Kyungsoo wasn't going to wait for fate to take it wanted.

He was going to fight fate.

It didn't change the fact that he was absolutely terrified but when he looked at Jongin like that, he felt a newfound courage welling up within him. Maybe that was why he didn't want to become blind. Not because he was scared of not seeing the world again, but because he was scared of not seeing Jongin again.

"Yes, I'm sure. But, Jongin... P-Promise me something..."

"Anything." The younger boy took the other's hand in his.

"If it goes wrong... Will you be my eyes?"

The taller boy's eyes were softened as he engulfed Kyungsoo in another bone-crushing hug.

"I promise."

X X X

A/N Wow. Short chapter is short. I just couldn't wait to update so yeahhh I hope you guys liked it and hopefully you don't wanna kill me *hides behind tree* Also, sorry if I at writing fluff, this is my first fan fiction and all my experience comes from reading.

I promise to update soon for ya peeps ;)

Sam