Nine

Beautiful Eyes

Christmas and New Years' passed by in a blur and needless to say, they were the best few days of Kyungsoo's life. Sadly, they passed by far too fast for his liking. Jongin kept asking him to postpone the surgery but Kyungsoo saw no point in waiting any longer. He knew he could potentially become permanantly blind but that thought didn't seem to scare him any more. He realized that even in these few months, he'd already lived his life to the fullest. He had no regrets, and was not planning to turn back now. 

It was the night before the surgery. Kyungsoo and Jongin were seated on the bed in the former's room, both in deep silence. He could tell Jongin was devastated and judging by the dark circles under his eyes, he hadn't been sleeping well either. For the first time, Jongin asked to Kyungsoo if he could stay the night at his room, and the latter happily agreed. 

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo finally broke the deafening silence with a sigh, his hand reaching out to Jongin's shoulder. The younger was just starinng soullessly at the wall. "Please. I don't like seeing you like this."

Jongin didn't move but spoke softly, "I can't help it. If anything happens to your eyes I don't know if I'll be able to take it."

"I don't care anymore. I have you all to depend on. You made me a promise, Jongin, and I know you'll keep it. I'm content if I can just see the world through your eyes." 

Jongin dug his face in between his knees wordlessly.

"It's the last day, Jongin. If it goes wrong then at least I wanna be able to remember you smiling. Not like... this. Please."

The younger sighed and looked up at Kyungsoo. "You're right. I'm sorry." 

"It's okay." The older smiled, reaching a hand out to brush Jongin's hair gently. The younger closed his eyes and sighed contentedly, lying down with his head on Kyungsoo's lap. The older boy took in every flawless feature of Jongin's face, every little nook and crevice, trying to burn the image into his brain so he would never forget. 

If he had one fear, it would be that he would forget Jongin's face.

He continued to caress the younger's soft hair, leaning down to place a small kiss on his temple. Jongin slowly opened his eyes and stared up at the elder as he continued his soothing actions. Kyungsoo smiled down at him. He knew for sure he was never going to forget this moment, no matter what the outcome of the surgery was going to be. They began to speak of many things as if it were just another normal day. Their likes and dislikes, hobbies, past experiences. Kyungsoo felt like no matter how much he knew about the tall boy, he would never know enough. By the time the two were done laughing over this one time Jongin was dared to ask his neighbor for condoms in nothing but his underwear, they stared at each other for a while, cheerful giggles fading into comfortable silence. 

 

"I love you." Jongin whispered, and Kyungsoo blushed. No matter how many times the younger said those three words, Kyungsoo never thought he was ever going to get used to it. 

"I love you." He repeated, making the elder blush harder and turn his face away to stare at a very interesting spot on the wall. Jongin gently pulled on his chin so their eyes could meet again.

"Hyung, I love you." He now had a semi-genuine, semi-teasing smile on his face. 

"Yeah yeah I get it," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes jokingly, but the red never left his cheeks.

"I love you..." Jongin whispered, ever so softly this time, with an unmistakble look of pure love and adoration on his face. He sat up and cupped Kyungsoo's cheek, pulling him into a soft, lingering kiss. Kyungsoo could feel the butterflies explode all over in his stomach. It reminded him of one moment that was the most prominent highlight of the past few weeks.

 

*New year's Eve*

The five of them stood at peak of the hill, watching the city lights as the countdown began. Even from this distance, they could hear the people chanting. 

"10! 9! 8!" 

They all shouted together, and Jongin smiled at Kyungsoo, interlacing their hands. 

"7! 6! 5!" 

Kyungsoo stared at the flawless boy next to him, the warmth in his heart growing by the second. The rest of the world already long forgotten, all he could see was the younger. Jongin was smiling at him in a way he never did before, and it almost made him want to melt into a puddle. The thrill of New Years', accompanied by Jongin's presence, made him feel all warm and giddy inside. It was the best feeling ever.

"4! 3! 2!"

Jongin was now leaning close.

"1!"

"I love you." The younger whispered and connected their lips, right in front of his parents and his sister, because he didn't care anymore. He loved Kyungsoo and he was not going to hide it from anyone. He didn't want to and he didn't need to. His parents seemed a little taken aback but Amber had a knowing smile playing on her lips.

Love. 

Maybe now Kyungsoo knew what it was. 

Maybe.

 

*Present*

Kyungsoo leaned into the kiss, eyes automatically closing as the younger kissed him with so much passion, it felt as if the world was going to end. Maybe he thought it was. After a few seconds, Jongin pulled away to catch his breath. 

"There's something I want to show you." He said nervously, running his fingers along Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Okay..." 

"Not here. We'll have to sneak out of the house."

Kyungsoo scrunched up his eyebrows, "Why?"

"Shh. Just follow me." Jongin took his hand and got up from the bed, tugging the shorter boy along with him. Quickly slipping on their jackets, they left the room and tip-toed their way down the hall (although Jongin knew it wasn't very necessary since his family basically slept like rocks). Turning the knob of the front door as quietly as possible, the two left the house to meet the cold air outside. 

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked curiously.

"You'll see. It's something I've wanted to show you for a while but... Well I kinda chickened out every time." 

"Now I'm gonna die of curiosity." 

"Relax, Hyung." Jongin lightly pulled on his cheek. Their hands still clasped together, the younger took off running without a warning, dragging Kyungsoo, who let out a high-pitched yelp of shock, along with him. Their feet dug into the snow and the cold wind slapped their faces as they ran through the streets at midnight, Kyungsoo shouting at Jongin to slow down and the latter just laughing at his cuteness. It wasn't long before they stopped in front of a tall building, the elder panting and wheezing. After all, trying to match up to the younger's long-legged pace proved a task not easily achievable, especially with Kyungsoo's average build and height. 

"W-Where are we?" The shorter asked. Jongin didn't reply but proceeded to walk into the building, hands still joined with Kyungsoo's. The two walked into an elevator and waited for it to land at the 5th floor. When the elevator doors opened, Jongin walked them through a long hallway before unlocking one of the doors, revealing a large, empty studio with mirrors on every side. He closed the door behind them as Kyungsoo studied the place curiously. He wasn't sure why the younger brought him there. 

"Have a seat." The taller's voice came out a little anxious as he pointed at one of the chairs in the room. The elder nodded and sat down. 

"So... What is it that you wanted to show me?" He asked.

"I... Well, it's just something a little personal..." He started, "But, promise me you won't laugh."

"I promise."

"Okay." He breathed out loudly, walking towards the stereo system at the corner of the room to play the song. It was a dance he had choreographed about a year ago and since it was Kyungsoo's last night before the surgery, he wanted to show it to him. Dancing was always something he knew was good at but when it came to Kyungsoo, he was extremely self-conscious. Once he played the song, "What is Love", he quickly took his place in the middle of the room, right in front of the elder male. He began to move his body along with the beat, albeit a little nervously at first, but it didn't take long for him to forget the world around him and dance like he always did. He would lock his eyes with Kyungsoo sometimes while moving his body fluidly to the sultry vocals in the song, hip gyrations and all (that made Kyungsoo blush for some reason). Kyungsoo watched the younger male dance with his eyes as wide as saucers, unable to find the right words to describe how amazing Jongin was. The way he bit his lips and stared at Kyungsoo intensely, it made him a feel a certain way in his stomach (and maybe somewhere below). By the time the song was over, the younger male was breathing heavily from the workout as Kyungsoo gazed at him, amazed at the perfect human being in front of him. 

His eyes teared up at the fact that he might not able to see Jongin in his element like this again, dancing without a care as if the world around him had disappeared. But he was sure it was a sight he would never forget.

"W-well? Did you like it?" He asked cutely, cheeks slightly flushed. Kyungsoo couldn't help the lone tear that escaped his eye as he nodded vigorously, a beautiful heart-shaped smile taking over his lips. 

"I-I loved it." He stood up from his seat and walked towards the younger. "I love you."

Jongin froze, eyes widening slightly. "R-Really?" He asked, gasping slightly at the sight of the elder's tears. 

"Yes." Kyungsoo nodded, "Really."

Jongin reached out to wipe the tears off the shorter's face gently, before pulling him to his chest and engulfing him in his arms. 

"Say it again..." Jongin bit his lip, his voice coming out a little too hyper for his own liking.

Kyungsoo giggled slightly, "I love you, Jongin."

"Ahhh!" Jongin couldn't help but tap his feet on the floor excitedly as if fangirling. 

"I'm sorry I made you wait so long." The elder apologized, "I was just trying to find myself... I wanted to be sure about how I felt before saying anything, but now I'm sure. I've loved you since the very start."

Jongin pulled away from the hug to gaze into the elder's eyes lovingly. "I love you too, Hyung."

The elder chuckled slightly, "I think you've already made that very clear."

"No problem. I'll still keep saying it."

Kyungsoo blushed and wrapped his arms around Jongin's neck as the latter's rested on his waist. He nuzzled his face into the taller boy's neck, unconsciously leaving a little kiss there as well.

"Yah, don't do that!" 

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Just because." Jongin shivered a little at the feeling of Kyungsoo's hot breath on the sensitive area of his neck. They stayed that way in silence for a while before Kyungsoo spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me? That you danced?"

He sighed, "I don't know, it's just... I wanted to show you but I was kinda embarrassed..." 

"Are you kidding? What is there to be embarrassed about?" Kyungsoo pulled his head up to gaze at the younger, "You are an amazing dancer, Jongin."

"Thanks..." Jongin smiled, "It really means a lot to hear you say that because... dancing means a lot to me and... you mean a lot to me."

The elder male smiled back and stood up on his tiptoes to press their lips together, for the first time making the first move. Jongin seemed a little taken aback but responded to the kiss, one hand circling around the elder's waist and the other softly tracing his cheek. Their lips molded and moved together in sync, jolts of electricity spreading throughout their bodies at every little touch. Jongin slightly pulled away to let them catch their breaths before connecting their lips again in a rougher kiss, much unlike any other they'd had until now. It was more passionate, more needy, and said so many more unspoken words (and also seemed to stimulate something in the nether regions a little more than they had to). 

Jongin's hands lightly traced down the elder's buttocks to his thighs, lifting them up and Kyungsoo unconsciously wrapped his legs around Jongin's hips. The younger couldn't help the soft moan that resonated from his throat at the feeling of their bodies pressed up together like that. The sound made Kyungsoo's eyes jolt open as he remembered that one night Jongin was sleepwalking and came to his room and... that happened. He blushed furiously at the memory and at the similar feeling he felt in between his legs, except this time it was more intense, especially with Jongin's crotch pressed up against his own. What was more, Jongin began to nibble on his lower lip, lightly swiping his wet tongue against it before letting the wet muscle slide in through the elder's parted lips. Kyungsoo gasped slightly but it was quickly absorbed by the feeling of Jongin's hot tongue rubbing against his own and exploring his mouth. The elder male found himself letting out a soft moan and blushing hard at the lewd noise he made.

Jongin pulled away abruptly, much to the elder's distaste, and gently dropped him down to his feet. "I-If we keep going any longer..." He breathed, "I don't know if I'll be able to control myself."

"From?" Kyungsoo asked breathlessly, their foreheads pressed together, breath fanning each other's face. 

He smirked, "From doing that thing you researched about." Kyungsoo immediately flushed bright red before pushing the other laughing male away with both hands. He was mostly blushing because the thought of doing that with Jongin, albeit embarrassing, didn't sound so unpleasant.

"Yah, I told you to forget about that!" He pouted.

"I just couldn't help it, I'm sorry." He chuckled before approaching the elder male again. Kyungsoo's hair was sticking out in all possible directions and his lips were plump and red from all the kissing, and Jongin couldn't think he could look get any ier, or cuter, than this. He smiled proudly at his handiwork. 

"Kyungie..." Jongin smiled teasingly, kneeling down on one knee in front of him, "will you be my boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but there was a soft glow of pink on his cheek. "Okay." He grinned, eyes glimmering down at Jongin's. The younger smiled happily and stood up, pressing his lips against Kyungsoo's in another chaste kiss.

"I love you." The younger whispered. 

"I love you, too."

X X X

Ahh I'm so sorry this was late but I was having some writer's block while writing this chapter. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it! Just a little (erted?) fluff for all you wonderful readers out there. Only 2-3 more chapters to go!

Sammie XOXO