Six

Beautiful Eyes

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Kyungsoo said determinedly, looking at the four people in front of him, the people he considered family. "This is my final decision."

"But you don't have to rush into it. There is still time." Jungah said.

"The doctor said it herself, the sooner I go through with the surgery, the higher the chances of success. And... I don't want to live everyday in fear."

"Okay... You have the right to make this decision yourself, Kyungsoo. And we will support you in whatever you choose." Junmyeon nodded with a kind smile on his face.

"Two." Kyungsoo said, eyeing Jongin, "Two months. I'll do it in two months." It was a request from Jongin. He asked him to wait two months before going through with the surgery. Kyungsoo would have done it as soon as possible but since the younger had asked him to wait, he was going to wait. 

Jongin smiled at him gratefully. 

"Kyungie-ah..." Amber wrapped her arms around Kyungsoo in a tight hug (which felt nothing like the one Jongin gave him). "You're so brave..."

I'm not brave. I'm scared out of my mind. Kyungsoo thought silently to himself.

"Even in this short time, we already consider you a part of our family. And your pain is our pain." Jungah said, her eyes becoming glossier by the second. When Amber pulled away, Kyungsoo walked towards the older lady and wrapped her up in a warm hug.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Kim... I-I don't know what I would have done without you. I'd probably be left to rot on the streets. I'm eternally grateful to you and I wish I knew how to pay you back for everything you did for me..." Just when Kyungsoo thought he had no more tears, he was, yet again, proven wrong. 

"Kyung-ah... Don't thank me. And don't cry. You coming here gave me so much happiness, you have no idea. So please, I don't want you to thank me ever again."

Through Kyungsoo's blurred vision, he could see Jongin who had also shed a few tears with a sad smile on his face, while Amber openly cried with streams of liquid running down her cheeks.

"O-Okay." Soon after, Amber joined in the hug, followed by Jongin and then Junmyeon. Kyungsoo hated seeing everyone so sad because of him, but he never felt warmer in his entire life. These people, that he hardly knew, were already so important to his heart and in such a short time. At that moment, Kyungsoo realized that, regardless of everything he went through, he was truly blessed to have found such people. His hate for the world had already been long gone as he thanked God over and over again for the blessing he had bestowed upon him. 

He realized that even if he was going to be blind, it was all going to be okay. Because he had such a warm, loving family by his side.

* * *

"What do you think I should wear for the party?" Kyungsoo asked into the air as he looked through his closet.

"You actually want to go?" Jongin asked weirdly.

"Uh... yeah. Why not?" 

"I don't know... I mean Amber already told her friends she wasn't gonna go."

"Why would she do that?"

"Well... you know... with everything that's been happening... it's not really a good time for parties."

I sighed a turned around to look at Jongin, "Look I don't want you guys acting differently now because of this whole thing. I want you to be just like you were before. Besides, I still have two months before the surgery. I don't know about you, but I'm planning to make the most out of my time."

The taller boy looked a little dumfounded. "Are you sure?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "I'm gonna go talk to Amber. You wait here."

He set out into the hallway to look for her. She was seated alone in the living room, watching Spongebob Squarepants with a bowl of popcorn on her lap.

"Hey Noona. Come on, we're gonna be late for the party."

"What party?" She asked absentmindedly.

"You know what party I'm talking about."

"Kyungie, I really don't feel like going." She smiled slightly. 

"Hey... the Amber I know never misses out on parties. Plus, it's your friend's birthday. Come on, for me?" He took a seat next to her and gave her the best puppy dog eyes he could muster (blame Jongin for using it all the time that he started doing it too).

"Kyungie..." She sighed, "It's okay if you don't want to go-"

"But I do want to go. Really." He looked at her seriously. 

"Really really?"

"Really." He confirmed. 

"Okay!" Her face lit up instantly. Kyungsoo couldn't help but grin.

 

And so, the three proceeded to get dressed. Jongin helped Kyungsoo pick out a graphic white tee and a jean jacket, along with black jeans. It was odd how fast  the two had gotten so close. Jongin basically lived in Kyungsoo's room, he'd even sometimes change in there. It came to no surprise when the older male would enter his room, only to find Jongin flopped down on the bed, reading a magazine or looking through his cell phone. or even asleep sometimes. It might have been a little weird at first but he quickly got used to it. It was like Jongin had officially marked him as his property, hardly letting his mother or his sister steal him away, which was pretty funny in Kyungsoo's opinion. 

The car ride to the party was fairly awkward because of everything that happened the past two days, and it really bothered Kyungsoo how everyone was so different. He could tell Jongin tried to pretend like he wasn't phased but he didn't fail to glimpse that sad smile that caught his lips every once in a while. He appreciated the effort, though. But Jungah and Amber were just a mess. Especially the former. And she wasn't doing a very good job hiding it. 

After one too many 'goodbye's and 'be careful's and 'have fun's, the three finally left the car and made their way into the large mansion where the party was held. Unfortunately they were a little late so they missed the 'surprise' part. By the time they were there, the party was already on full swing and basically crawling with sweaty bodies. Amber's friends, Luna, Victoria and Sulli greeted us before dragging the girl away somewhere, leaving Kyungsoo alone with Jongin. 

The taller male scrunched up his nose. "Honestly I don't get why Amber brings you to parties like this." The two stood at a corner in the crowded living room, watching everyone dancing, getting drunk and having the time of their lives.

"I guess... Watching others kinda intruiges me." 

"Really? I'd rather do stuff than watch other people do stuff."

"That makes sense." Kyungsoo paused, before asking curiously, "Do you drink?" 

"Eh... I did it a few times but I don't particularly like it. Did you ever try?"

"I've been offered a few times but I never did." 

"It's okay. You shouldn't have to do anything you don't want to." The younger smiled down at the other boy, "Do you wanna-"

"Hey there, pretty." A random guy they never saw before suddenly showed up, looking Kyungsoo over. He was quite handsome; Jongin noted. He didn't look drunk, either. "Would you like to dance with me?" He shot him a dazzling smile.

"U-Uh..."

"No you can't. He's my boyfriend." Jongin said, possessively wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders and pulling him closer to his side. The taller didn't miss the look of utter confusion on Kyungsoo's face.

"Easy." He gave Jongin pointed look before smiling at Kyungsoo again, "But you... You're cute." He winked and walked away.

"W-What?"

"Don't worry. I just said that so that he leaves. I don't trust the specimens here." Jongin explained, enjoying the cute confused look on the elder's face. He found it to be the most adorable thing he'd ever seen.

"No, I mean... why would he ask me to dance with him? Did he think I was a girl?" 

Jongin chuckled softly when he finally understood the source of his confusion. Oh, he has so much left to learn... Jongin thought.

"No Kyungsoo. It's the twenty first century. Guys can date other guys and girls can date other girls."

"R-Really?" The elder widened his already wide eyes. "But then how would they make babies?"

Jongin laughed again softly at his innocence. "Well technically they can't but they can always adopt children."

"I don't get it." Kyungsoo looked absolutely clueless.

"What I mean is, some people are simply attracted to others of the same . It just how it works."

"How do you know what you're attracted to?" 

Jongin found it difficult to answer the question. "With time... when you meet people and see how you react to them, you can just... tell. You're not gonna know if you're gay overnight. It takes time to understand your uality."

"Wow... Now I'm really curious." 

"Hyung..." He paused staring into the older's eyes intensely, "Do you wanna dance with me?"

'Um... what?"

"Dance with me." Jongin had already taken his hand.

"B-But I don't know how to..." Jongin didn't miss the adorable blush that formed on his cheeks.

"It's okay. Just follow my lead." He began to pull him towards the dance floor and intertwined their fingers together. Jongin started moving his hips to the beat, urging the elder on. He tried to match Jongin's moves, looking so adorably inexperienced that Jongin just wanted to melt into a puddle before him. As he stared into the elder's eyes, he forgot all about the crowd around them, and all he could see was Kyungsoo. His thoughts drifted to the reason he had asked him for those two months.  

It was because in that moment, when he found out about Kyungsoo's eye condition, he had realized. That pang he felt in his heart like it was being ripped apart and torn to shreds, the urge to just hold him all the time, the tingles he felt when their skin touched and the way he just wanted to take all his sadness, pain and tears away. All these things made him realize.

He had already fallen deeply for Kyungsoo.

And in those two months, he was going to make Kyungsoo fall in live with him. Before it's too late. 

"Um... hey are you there? You look like you dozed off for a second there." Kyungsoo looked just as intoxicated as Jongin was, his voice coming out soft and breathy.

"Yeah I'm still here." Jongin's free hand slid down to the elder's waist as he pressed their foreheads together. "I'll always be here."

X X X