Chapter 2

THE Couple

“YAHHH PARK YOO CHUN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!!”

 

“Junsu-yah, don’t be shy, I know you like that.” Yoochun says while wriggling his brows.

 

“WHO THE F- LIKES IT WHEN SOMEONE PINCHES THEIR ?! ARGH! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT?!!!” Junsu had enough, it’s a really bad habit of Yoochun and despite him telling him NOT to do that, Yoochun just doesn’t stop! ARGH! This ing Park Yoo Chun!

 

“Tsk tsk tsk, Yoochun hyung did you do that again?”

 

“YES CHANGMIN, HE DID IT AGAIN!”

 

“Why do you like his so much?”

 

“It’s perky, perfectly round and basically irresistable, how do you expect me to control myself?!” Yoochun covered his mouth as he feigns shock.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Junsu is getting really agitated.

 

“Come on, I know you like it”

 

“DO NOT!”

 

“You do.”

 

“DO NOT!”

 

“You do.”

 

“DO NOT!!!”

 

“Just what’s going on here again?"

 

All three of them turned towards the figure who’s making his entrance through the door.

 

“JaeJoong Hyung!” All three of them actually say it uniformly.

 

“Where have you been man?! Haven’t been able to catch you for more than a week already!” Yoochun asks as Jaejoong fist bumps him.

 

“Yeah Jaejoongie Hyung, what’s up” Junsu asks too.

 

“Just really busy with the European Ball. You know, last project as Student President, I really want to do it well!” Jaejoong says, smiling.

 

“Yaaaaaa, time flies!! 8 more months to graduation!” Junsu chirps in.  

 

“It’s two more years for me.” Changmin tries to say it coolly, however his slight pout betrays his feelings.
 

“Yah! You are a genius, you better try skipping grades and join us earlier at the collage!” Junsu says while hitting Changmin on the shoulder.
 

The reason why Changmin is friends with these bunch of crazy dudes, is because of Yunho. Yunho is his cousin. Despite being 2 years younger, he hits it off easily with the group as they love his precious sacarsm. All of them love Changmin.
 

“Oh ya, where’s Yunho hyung?” Yoochun asks after realising that Yunho did not come together with Jaejoong.
 

“Yunho is in the practise room. He’s gonna do one of the segments in event.”


“1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8…2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.. Alright! 5 mins break guys!”
 

Everyone hurries to get their drink.
 

‘Ding’
 

Yunho took out his phone at the tone.
 

****

From: Jae Baby

To: Yun babe ♥

“Yunho-yah, you are definitely working really hard now but still, remember not to be too hard on yourself and drink more water!! <3”

Yunho smiles after reading and replies the text.

 

To: Jae Baby

From: Yun babe ♥

“Having water break now, miss you. Can’t fetch you home today, practise gonna extend into the night. Text me when you reach home <3”

 

From: Jae Baby ♥

To: Yun babe ♥

“Okie, don’t worry about me. Uri Yunho-yah hwaiting! ^-^”

 

****

Gosh, just how much he loves Jaejoong. Yunho smiles at the thought.
 

“Okay! Guys, I have some announcement to make!” The instructor calls out.
 

He keeps his phone and gathers to the front.
 

Their performance for the European Ball is to do the play ‘Romeo and Juliet’. They have modified it into something more contemporary which includes break dancing, street jazz and hiphop. Hence, the school thinks that it will be a good idea to make it a collaboration between the school’s dance and drama club. Since the dance club consists mostly of males, the members are exhilarated with the arrangement as most of the pretty girls in school are from the drama club.
 

Moreover, Goo Hara is chosen as the lead actress for the play and many wanted to fight for the lead actor position. Goo Hara, Dong Bang High School’s sweetheart. Girl has brains and an endearing personality. Which explains why so many guys are after her.
 

“After much consideration, we have decided to choose Yunho as the lead actor!” the instructor announces, earning loud cheers from the club. Even though many wanted the position, however all of them knew that their crew leader is the one that’s most fitted for this position.
 

“Yah! Go Yunho! We all know that that chick likes you!” James cheers.
 

“Man! You lucky dude!” Ii-Woo chirps in too.
 

Yunho knows why he had never liked the both of them.
 

He is not happy with the news at all. His expression unreadable despite all the cheerings going on. He steps forward and politely says,
 

“Tony, thank you for choosing me, however, I do not want to play the lead role.  It’d be good if you can choose somebody else.” Yunho rejects nicely but firmly.
 

Gasps can be heard all around the room. However, many of them are able to guess the reason why.
 

“Really Yunho? This is gonna be a good experience!” Tony asks.
 

“Sorry to disappoint you Tony, but I really do not want to do this role. Please choose somebody else.”
 

Although that might have sounded rude, but this is Yunho we are talking about. This boy is normally responsible and will not make reckless decisions. Tony knows Yunho. He can also pretty much guess his reason for not wanting to do so. Choosing to respect his choice, Tony quits being insistent and says,
 

“Alright since you do not want to do it, we will choose somebody else.”
 

In the end, Siwon was selected for the lead role.


Normally this will not be a problem as Jaejoong is the understanding type and will not mind something as trivial.
 

However, this time round it’s different.
 

Yunho knows that Goo Hara likes him and it might cause some misunderstandings if he were to take up the role.
 

That’s why he couldn’t.
 

It might hurt his lover.
 

And Yunho will not allow that.
 


 

It’s pretty late when the meeting finally ended. Tonight, Jaejoong does not have Yunho waiting for him as his training normally ends around 10+pm if there are upcoming events.
 

Cold air hits his face as he steps out of the school. He quickly buries his face into the scarf as he shoves his hand into the pockets. He hurries home as he is quite desperate to get to somewhere warmer
 

However, things are often out of expectations. Just as he passes by one of the allies he is put on high alert as he hears screamings coming from there.
 

“Help! Somebody help! Stop- stop it! HELP!” A female voice can be heard, screaming.
 

Jaejoong quickly runs towards it and was shocked by the scene infront of him.
 

A man is trying to rob the lady.
 

Without thinking, Jaejoong throws his bag at the man, hitting his head.
 

The robber is infuriated and he turns around and charges towards Jaejoong with the sharp knife in his hand. Jaejoong dodges it with his quick reflex and kicks the man in his abdomen. The robber crouches down in pain.
 

Using this chance, Jaejoong quickly runs towards the lady to checks if she is okay. After making sure that she is, Jaejoong tells her to take the chance and run away. The lady murmurs a quick thanks before running away. Just as Jaejoong turns around, the robber is already back on his feet and is charging towards Jaejoong again. Jaejoong is caught by surprise and it was too late as he dodges, the knife slashing into his forearm making him wince.
 

But he does not waste anytime to gain back his composure and kicks the knife away from the robber.
 

As if on cue, police sirens sounded loudly and police officers come dashing towards them. Jaejoong watches as they nab the robber and manhandle him into the car.
 

It must be the lady who called the police.
 

‘Phew’ Jaejoong thinks to himself.
 

“Young man, we thank you for your braveness!” One of the police officers says as he approaches Jaejoong and extends his hand out for a handshake.
 

Jaejoong smiles wanting to return the handshake, but the pain in his forearm restricts him from doing so.
 

The police officer gasps as he sees the wound on Jaejoong’s arm.
 

“We have to get you to the hospital now.”


The practise did not end until 11pm for Yunho.
 

“Yunho! Yunho! Where are you going?!” the dance club members call out at Yunho as they watch him dashes out of the room suddenly.

***

9.45pm

From: Jae Baby ♥

To: Yun babe ♥

“Come pick me up at XX hospital.”


AN: Aww Joongie!