Chapter 8

THE Couple

Jaejoong is packing his bag when he realises that Yunho is sitting on the bed with a big pout on his face.

He almost laughs seeing that expression on his face.

“Yunho-yah, are you sulking?” Jaejoong asks as he walks over and pokes his cheeks.

His pout only grew bigger,

“No.” he says.

This time round Jaejoong could not control himself anymore, his broken laughter sounded through the whole room as he covers his mouth and laugh.

Raising an eye brow, Yunho asks,

“What are you laughing at?”

He sounds totally offended.

Jaejoong held onto his stomach as tries his best to will his laughter to die down.

After a minute or so, it finally subsides enough for him to talk to Yunho again.

“What’s wrong? Big baby?” Jaejoong asks, amusement colours his tone.

Finally deciding to speak out his discontentment, he says,

“Why the heck is the Student Union going on a retreat over the long weekend?”

Jaejoong tries to will away the urge to which results in him breaking  into a smile,

“Babe, it’s only for 3 days.” He says.

The school announces a day off on the following Friday after the European ball to celebrate the school’s 50th anniversary. The graduating Student Union members are given a 3D2N camping trip as a reward for their hardwork.

Still unhappy with that, Yunho sulks as he circles his arms around Jaejoong’s waist, hiding his face in his abdomen and says,

“I thought that we can have this long weekend to ourselves.”

Jaejoong chuckles at the cute behaviour.

They stay like this for awhile with Jaejoong Yunho’s hair in a steady rythym.

“There, there.” He says as he slowly brings Yunho’s face up to face him.

He then presses a soft kiss to the cupid bow lips.

For awhile, they had a staring contest before Yunho finally sighs in defeat.

“Sigh, remember to take care of yourself. I’ll miss you.” Yunho says.

“You too Jung Yunho. I know that you are going clubbing tomorrow with the dance club. Guard yourself well. I don’t want anyone to be touching what’s mine. Nae?” Jaejoong tells Yunho, a tinge of warning in his voice, while tucking a piece of hair behind his ear.

Yunho finally smiles due to Jaejoong words.

He then pulls him closer before answering,

“Yes Sir.”

“I’ll drive you there then, let’s go.”

 




“Take care, love you.” Yunho pecks Jaejoong lightly as they stop over infront of the school. “Text or call me whenever it is possible.”

Yunho says while pulling him in for a hug.

“You too Yunho-yah, love you.” He leaves a kiss on Yunho’s cheek before pulling away.

He then grabs his stuff and says, “See you in three days time!”

He gives Yunho one last peck before stepping out of the car and joining the team.

Yunho watches as Jaejoong enters the school.

After making sure that he has already gotten to the team, he then drives back to their shared apartment.

 



“Jaejoong, over here!” Heechul calls out to him, waving for him to go over.

“Hey Heechul-hyung!” He breaks into a big smile as he walks over. Hangeng, Dong Hae, Kangin and Leeteuk are there too. They all fist bumps and highed fives  Jaejoong as he joins them. Everyone is carrying their camping bags, looking all ready to go.

“It’s so nice that we all get to do this before stepping down from the Student Union. Camping, whoosh! I’m already feeling the adrenaline rush, wonder what we are going to encounter at the campsite.” Kangin thinks out loud.

“Will there be ghosts up there?” Leeteuk asks, trying to scare everyone.

Dong Hae immediately yelps at that.

“Brother, that’s not cool man.” DongHae says, he has always been really terrified of the supernatural stuff.

“Yah! Stop scaring him Leeteuk.” Heechul chides and hits Leeteuk on the arm.

Then he suddenly stops the action after catching the figure of someone, puzzles by it, he asks,

“Eh? Why is Sung Suyeol here too? Isn’t he still in year 2?”

Everyone turns towards where Heechul is looking.

Then Jaejoong answers,

“Suyeol? Oh you guys haven’t been informed yet. He is going to be the next President and the school thinks that it’s a good idea for him to join and learn from us before he takes over.”

“Oh? That genius that was handpicked by the principal?” DongHae asks.

“He doesn’t even come for club activities often but he is chosen as the president?”

Hangeng then says,

“Don’t judge him only based on that, you can tell that it’s not a matter of capability. It’s only depends on whether he wants to do it or not. I’ve heard a lot about him from our juniors too.”

“But one thing weird about him is that not many people really knows about his background. The only thing that was known is that he probably lived in America before he attended our school.” Heechul adds.

“AHHH, enough of him already. Let’s just think of what YOLO things we are going to do for this 3D2N!” Kangin cuts in impatiently, why the heck are they talking about someone that isn’t important? What’s important is fun and adrenaline rushes!

Just right at this moment, the driver calls,

“Get on the bus now students!”

After a 3 hour long bus ride, they have finally arrived at their campsite. Jaejoong looks out of the window and is thrilled by the wilderness that surrounds them. He then keeps his earpiece and nudges heechul awake from his sleep.

Everybody is already starting to get down from the bus.

“Heechul hyung, we are here already.”

“What…?” He opens an eye but shuts it back immediately.

“Let me sleep awhile more…” Heechul murmurs with his eyes still closed.

Jaejoong chuckles at his behaviour.

He decides to try something different this time round.

“Hyung if you don’t wake up now, Hangeng hyung is going to have to room with somebody else.”

Effectively, he suddenly shoots up as he looks around frantically,

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?! NOBODY CAN DO THAT TO MY HANGENG.” Heechul exclaims in total shock.

“Nothing hyung, I was just joking. Let’s get down now!” Jaejoong says cheerily as he gathers his belongings and walk down of the bus.

It finally dawns on heechul that he is being tricked.

“YAH KIM JAEJOONG YOU BRAT, COME BACK HERE YOU!!”

 



After Heechul gets down from the bus, the group are really sorting out rooms. Even though they are going for ‘camping’ but they have decided to ditch the tents and opt for something more comfortable instead.

However, they have an issue here now.

There are a total of 22 students, however there are only 4 rooms of fives and 1 twin room. Apparently, despite them already making reservations, these are the only rooms available now.  Most of them are already in cliques of 5 or 6, this means two of the groups have to give out one member each. One of them being Jaejoong’s group.

Then Jaejoong raises his hand and steps forward as he says,

“I’ll go.”

Jaejoong takes the initiative to volunteer.

“What?! Jaejoong no!” Heechul exclaims, trying to pull Jaejoong back.

“Ya, Jaejoong, no!” Kangin tries to pull Jaejoong back too.

But Jaejoong only says,

“We are the only group left that have 6 people. Someone has to go.”

“But it doesn’t have to be you!” Leeteuks adds in too.

“Yeah, I can go instead!” Hangeng says.

Jaejoong couldn’t help but feel amused yet heartwarming at it. But it’s honestly not a big deal if he has to stay in another room.

“I’ll go too.”

Everyone looks over.

It’s Seo Taesuk.

Everyone suddenly stops talking and there’s a slight moment of awkward silence.

“No.”

Heechul says, breaking the ice.

“Jaejoong, one more reason that you shouldn’t go.”

Hangeng steps up upon that, he then says,

“I’ll go instead.”

Heechul nods at that.

Jaejoong keeps quiet this time round.

“Let’s go.” Hangeng says while walking towards their assigned room.

Seo Taesuk looks at Jaejoong for abit before following hangeng.

 


 

“Yah, that damned Seo Taesuk! Don’t think that I don’t know what he is thinking!” Heechul says when the finally got into their shared room.

Heechul knows that Seo Taesuk has always had feelings for Jaejoong. Despite knowing that Jaejoong is already attached, he will still try to get near to Jaejoong using his not so subtle ways. That’s why they could not let Jaejoong stay with him.

Jaejoong knows this too, that was why he kept quiet earlier on.

“Thanks hyung.” Jaejoong says to Heechul.

“Let’s not talk about him already, let’s smuggle Hangeng into our room at night.”

Heechul muses.

After checking that the others are not paying attention to them, Jaejoong asks heechul,

“You haven’t let him know yet?”

Heechul gets a little flustered at that question.

“Yah! Why should I be the one?”

“If not you want to wait for Hangeng hyung to say it? He doesn’t even have a clue hyung.” Jaejoong teases him with a playful smirk on his face.

“Argh, this is too annoying.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Leeteuk turns around and asks them.

“Ha..Hahaha.. Nothing… OH! Look at this amazing nature that surrounds us!”

All of them look at him with three black lines on their head.

Heechul freezes comically, not knowing how to continue.

Unique broken laughter then sounded through the room.

“HAHAHA, yeah right, it’s amazing, let’s go out and see what’s there then!”

Heechul heaves a sigh of relief as Jaejoong saves him from having to explain himself.

 


 

They gather all their other batchmates and together they gone off to explore the different parts of their campsite. This place is specially designed for outdoor and camping purposes hence there are many activities all around.

Firstly, they head over to the nearest river to do kayaking. Everyone had a fun time racing against each team. The one who won was Suyeol’s team. After the race, they finally got to know the reason why Suyeol doesn’t attend SU’s activities often is because he is also in the water polo team. However, he is already bored of that sports and thus, he decides to fully commit to the SU for his final year.

Heechul almost snorts at the guy’s smugness.

After a few more rounds of racing, and after doing some other water games, they finally have their fill of fun and have decided to return back to their cabins to freshen up.

Evening soon falls and everyone gathers around to set up for dinner. They have chosen an open space which allows them full view to the stars twinkling in the twilight sky.

Before he starts preparing the food, Jaejoong sends a text message to Yunho.

*Ding*

From: Jae Baby

To: Yun babe

“What are you doing now baby? Got your dinner? ^^”

 

Yunho smiles upon reading the message from his Jaejoongie. He signals to Yoochun and Junsu who are on the court that he will join them in a short while. 

 

From: Yun Babe

To: Jae Baby

“Doing some basketball games with Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin. Got into a tough match with some new guys from Big Bang High just now, but we won in the end hehe ^^ Getting dinner with them later. You?”

He grabs his water bottle for some water while waiting for Jaejoong’s reply.

 

*Ding*

From: Jae Baby

To: Yun Babe

“Hehe awesome my boys! ^^ Hmm, not yet, gonna help to prepare the food right after this. We had a looooong day of playing water sports. All of us are mad hungry now. Can’t wait to eat! D8<”

 

Yunho then starts clicking away on his phone.

 

From: Yun Babe

To: Jae Baby

“Hahaha, they lucky people that get to eat your cooking! Unlike us who are just getting Mcdonald’s later :’(((“

A reply comes shortly after.

*Ding*

 

From: Jae Baby

To: Yun Babe

“Haha! You have forever to eat my cooking ^^ Have to go and help out now already. Text you before I go to bed later k? <3”

“Yunho-hyung! Faster!”

Yoochun is calling him over to continue the game.

“Coming!”

He replies Jaejoong first before getting back to the court.

 

From: Yun Babe

To: Jae Baby

“Alright love, take care. Talk to you later <3”

--

“Texting Jaejoong-hyung just now?” Yoochun teases when Yunho gets back on court.

Yunho smiles and nods as he gets back into position.

TOP raises his eyebrow at the familiar name.

“Jaejoong? Kim Jaejoong? That hot Student President from Dong Bang High School?”

G-dragon elbows him before he whispers cautiously at him.

“Yah! Don’t you know that that’s Jung Yunho over there? He is his lover, do you want to die?!”

TOP looks at Yunho then looks at GD confusedly.

“Ehhh? But didn’t Taesuk say that Jaejoong is his?

GD smacks TOP on the head.

“Do you really believe that someone like Taesuk can get Kim Jaejoong? He’s just talking crap obviously!”

GD really hopes that Yunho doesn’t hear anything about it, they don’t even know how this Yunho will react.

But it’s too late, Yunho has already heard it.

“Did Seo Taesuk really say that?”

He is very, very unhappy.

. It’s too late.

GD & TOP both freeze.

‘! He heard it!’ GD has never felt so jinxed in his life before.

 


AN: Just fyi, Sung Suyeol & Seo Taesuk are people that I’ve made up. Ohhhh, what’s gonna happen next? ><