Chapter 5

THE Couple

“Thank you.”

The round of applause does not stop even as the man decends the stairs after ending his short speech. Jung Yang Hyun is well-respected by many. Other than the fact that he owns one of the biggest companies in South Korea, he is also well-known as a philantropist that helps the poor and needy.

“Dad.”

Yunho smiles brightly as he approaches his father, bringing two glasses of champagne with him. He is now dressed in a dashing black tuxedo. Gone was all his performance make up, what’s left is his bare, handsome features.

“Hey son.”

“Great job my boy, I’ve watched that performance.” His dad says as he receives the flute of champagne from him.

“Thanks for the great genes.” Yunho replies as he clinks glasses with his father.

Yunho is fortunate to have such a loving and capable father. Despite owning such a big company, he always make sure that he has time for Yunho. He was always  there for all his milestones in life. He understands that no amount of money is more important than his son. Maybe it is because his wife has passed away when Yunho was only at the tender age of 10, he feels the need to double the love he has for Yunho, so that he would not feel a lack of love.

This leads to Yunho forming some of the greatest amount of love and respect for his father.  

Yunho’s dad laughs heartily.

“Arrogant brat. But I like that attitude over there.” His dad throws a wink at him before asking,

“Where’s Jaejoong?”

“He’s currently busy right now, but I will bring him over to say hello later on.”

Jung Yang Hyun takes sometime to observe his surrounding. He realises that everything is impressively detailed. From the venue to the food and performances, there’s no flaw he can pick. As one of the sponsors for this event, he cannot help but feel pleased by the results.

“No worries boy, I understand that he must have a lot going on tonight. It’s impressive to think that this whole event is planned under his lead.”

“Of course dad, it’s Jaejoong we are talking about.”

Yunho smiles as he takes a sip of his drink

Yoochun, Junsu and Karam are somewhere in the room, talking to some of their classmates. Now it is only left with Changmin and Yeon Hee alone. They have been classmates and Changmin likes YeonHee a lot. He knows that Yeon Hee does have feelings for him too. But all they did is to dance around each other. 

When it was announced that it is best to bring a partner along, she is the first one that Changmin thinks of.

“Yah, Changmin-ah, I am going to get some food, you stay right over here and wait for me kay?” YeonHee tells Changmin as she begins to walk away.

But he holds her back and says,

“No, you sit right here, I am going to take them”


 

+“Senior Jaejoong, the second performance has ended smootly.”

“That’s great, let’s start to bring in props for the next performance.”

“Jaejoong, food is running low.”

“Okay, get the kitchen to replenish it within the next half an hour.”

“President! One of the performers did not bring the accessories for her costume!”

“I’ve brought a box of extras, go and look for it in the backstage.”

Acting as the main in-charge, he is the one who knows the details of everything. Some really heavy responsibilities are on his shoulders. Even though there are other leaders in the SU, most of the SU members prefer to report to Jaejoong directly as they trust him most. They trust that he knows the best.

Despite having many experiences of organising school events, this is by far the largest and also the most tedious one to plan. But on the other hand, he feels really glad that he can be part of this as this is the last event that he is handling, before he needs to step down and handover his position.

Suddenly, a voice sounds loudly.

“YAH, what do you think you are doing?!”

Jaejoong’s head snaps towards the voice and sees a commotion happening.

He recognises the voice.

Changmin.

He realises and hurries towards the crowd.

“Let go! What do you think you are doing?!” Yeon Hee yells at the man who is grabbing her wrist aggressively.

“You want me to let you go?! No, you’re mine. You better come with me!” That guy retorts.

“What are you talking about?! We were already over Ok Taecyeon! LET ME GO!"

YeonHee shouts while struggling to escape his strong grip.

Changmin came back only to find an unknown guy handling YeonHee harshly.

“YAH! What do you think you are doing?!” Changmin drops the plate and hurries towards YeonHee and then he proceeds to strike a punch at the man’s face.

The man is thrown a few steps back by the force of the punch.

Changmin finally gets a clear view of the man’s face.

He realises that this is not an unknown guy.

He is YeonHee’s ex-boyfriend. That player guy who has cheated on her.

Ok Taecyeon!

But he is not from Dong Bang High School.

That means the only reason he is here tonight, is that he is someone else’s date. But he still has the guts to do this to YeonHee?!

This bastard!

“YAH! You dare to hit me?!”

Taecyeon’s pride is hurt badly. He wants to retort as being punched in front of such a big crowd is very humiliating.

“Take this bastard!”

Blind with rage, he swings his fists towards Changmin.

But before he can hit Changmin, he is forcefully stopped by a strong grip on his wrist.

“Woah calm down dude, that isn’t a very nice thing to do.” A calm voice sounded.

“Argh!” Taecyeon moans in pain.

Yunho seems to be smiling as he says that to Taecyeon, however, the bone-crushing grip on his wrist says otherwise. He saw the whole exchange, and Yunho is anything but happy at the moment.

“Yunho-hyung!” Changmin calls.

Taecyeon is taken aback upon realising who the intruder is.

Taecyeon knows who he is. He knows that he cannot afford to offend this guy considering that his father wants him to get aquainted with him.

Jaejoong reaches with this scene playing out infront of him.

He quickly hurries towards Yunho’s side worriedly.  

Yunho feels a soft touch on his shoulder. He turns towards its owner and is faced with Jaejoong, who’s concern evident in his inquiring eyes.

Yunho gives him a small smile, assuring him that he is alright.

He then looks at taecyeon warningly before tossing away his hand harshly.

“Yunho hyung! Jaejoong Hyung!”

Yoo Chun, Junsu and Karam rush over to their sides too.

They see Changmin holding onto a shakened up YeonHee and it takes them awhile to understand the stituation.

Then Jaejoong turns towards Taecyeon too and asks,

“Mr Taecyeon, although I do not know what has happened, but you have already distrupted the party.”

His tone firms and clearly unhappy.

“I am sorry but I am afraid that you are not allowed to stay here any longer.”

“Security, please Mr Taecyeon out of the ballroom.”

Two men in black soon appears, flanking his side, each grabbing one of his arm.

“Taecyeon!” One of the girls come rushing towards him. It must be Taecyeon’s date.

He ignores the girl and yanks his arm out of the securities’ grip.

He then looks at YeonHee hatefully before spatting out,

“I can walk out of here myself.”

“Bastard.” Changmin spats out as he watches Taecyeon leaves the room.

After making sure that Taecyeon has left the room, Jaejoong turns towards the watching crowd and says,

“Sorry for the commotion ladies and gentlemen. Please continue to enjoy the party.”

The crowd starts to disperse at that, but there are some that still linger a little longer.

 An arm slids around his waist, Jaejoong looks over to see Yunho by his side and he asks,

“You okay Yunho-yah?”

Yunho smiles and says,

“Mmmh. Lets go and check on Changmin and YeonHee.”

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong replies.


 

YeonHee settles down on the chaise longue with Changmin’s jacket around her.

“Thank you.”

She gives Changmin a small smile as she receives the glass of luke warm water from him.

Everyone settles into a patient and comforting silence as they waited for Changmin and YeonHee to explain what had happened.

After a short while, YeonHee starts to speaks.

“You guys should know that I have already broke off with him since half a year ago right? But he isn’t happy that I am the one that initiated the breakup and refuses to acknowledge that. He still has been sending me text messages every now and then but because it has lessen significantly for the past two months, I thought that he had already forgotten about it."

YeonHee takes a sip of water before continuing,

“I really didn’t expect to see him here.” She says dejectedly.

“We are glad that nothing happens to you, sweet YeonHee.” Jaejoong says.

“That guy is a bastard!” Junsu says angrily.

“Why didn’t you let us know?” Changmin asks, a hint of anger evident in his voice.

“I didn’t want to worry all of you and I didn’t know that he would go till such extent.” YeonHee replies, her voice small with her head hanging low.

Sensing that they needed to talk, Yunho then gives all the others a quick eye contact, signalling to them that they should leave the two alone.

“You guys talk, anything just give us a call, we will be right outside kay?” Yunho says as he gives Changmin a light pat on his shoulder.

“Thanks hyung.” Changmin replies, but his eyes never leaves YeonHee.

The group exits shortly, leaving just Changmin and YeonHee in the room.

“YeonHee.” Changmin says softly.

YeonHee looks up and sees Changmin looking at her seriously.

“Yes?” She asks.

“By now, you should have already known that I like you. I mean I really like you, a lot.”

YeonHee could say nothing but only listens intently, prompting Changmin to continue.

“Let me take care of you, be my girlfriend.” Changmin finally confesses.

YeonHee feels her eyes well up as she looks into Changmin’s sincere eyes.

She then cirlces her arms around his neck as she pulls him close.

“Of course, Changminnie, of course.” She sighs happily.

She has long fallen in love with Changmin shortly after she broke up with Taecyeon. Even though he can be really snarky at times but in truth he is actually so so sweet.

She couldn’t believe that that nasty incident earlier on can lead to this.

But at least the night ended well for the both of them.

 


 

AN: I don’t dislike taecyeon okay, I’m putting him in purely for the sake of the story. Gotta do a disclaimer here first just in case I get hate for this XD