Chapter 3

THE Couple

The silence is uncomfortable in the car ride home.

Jaejoong shifts a little in his seat before he peeks a little at Yunho from the side. After making sure that Jaejoong is alright, Yunho hasn’t spoken a word since then. All these while, he keeps his eyes strictly on the road and hasn’t even spared a slight glance at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong might have thought that Yunho is really really really mad at him if not for the hand that’s clutching his, tightly

Yunho rarely gets angry. But when he is, he can get pretty intimidating.

Jaejoong tries to break the silence.

“Yunho-yah… Are you mad at me?” Jaejoong tries, his voice small and quiet.

Yunho doesn’t reply and continues keeping his eyes on the road.

“Calm down babe, I’m here and I’m alright now. Talk to me.”

Jaejoong coaxes gently as he rubs smoothing circles on Yunho’s knuckles. He can feel Yunho relaxes at his touches.

Yunho still says nothing as he turns into the carpark of their shared apartment. Since Jaejoong’s parents are located overseas he had decided to move in with Yunho shortly after they have gotten together 2 years back.

Yunho pulls over after finding a suitable spot.

Jaejoong continues rubbing circles on Yunho’s knuckles.

Yunho sighs heavily as he turns to face Jaejoong, looking straight into his eyes. His grip on Jaejoong’s hand tightens as he says,

“Do you know how reckless you were?”

“But I really couldn't leave her alone. Moreoever I am okay now, that's the most important thing isn--“ his sentence is cut off as Yunho crashes him into his embrace, his face buries into the crook of Jaejoong’s neck.

For awhile no one said anything as they find solace in each other’s warmth.

“Do you know how scared I was?” Yunho murmurs into his neck.

Jaejoong feels his throat tightens at those words

His Yunho, who is always so strong, sounds so helpless at that moment. He couldn’t help but blame himself for that. He did not know what to say to make Yunho feel better. He feels so guilty for being so reckless.

He resorts to just holding Yunho quietly in his arm, trying to let his presence  reassures Yunho that he is fine, that he is right here, still right here.

“I’m sorry babe, I really am. I promise that I wouldn’t do anything that like ever again.”

Yunho says nothing but simply tightens his hold on him.


 

Jaejoong is awakened by the parchedness in his throat.

Last night was crazy as Yunho wanted him again and again.

Jaejoong blushes at the memories of it once he is made aware of the extreme  soreness in his back.

He lifts the blanket over his head to hide his embarrassment.

Right at this moment, Yunho walks into the room with a glass of water and is greeted by a lump on the bed. Jaejoong has buried himself fully under the thick blanket. He smiles endearingly at the sight.

Jaejoong feels a dip at the side of the bed and then his blanket is slowly removed from his face. His face flushes crimson red as he comes face to face with Yunho.

Yunho’s smile widens upon seeing his redden cheeks.

“You are terribly shy today.”

Damn it, even after 2 years with him, Yunho is still able to make him feel like this.

“And who’s fault is it?” Jaejoong pouts, clearly unhappy at being teased.

Yunho laughs and then kisses his pout away.

His gaze then softens as he thumbs Jaejoong’s cheek.

“Is your arm okay? Are you feeling better today?” Gone was the tease in his voice which is replaced with gentle concern.

Jaejoong gives him a reassuring smile and says,

“Yes I am okay, don’t worry about it. ”

Yunho smiles upon hearing that.

“I’ve called the school and informed them that we are both taking a day off today. Regardless of whatever duties that you might have, you’re staying at home with me, got it?”

“Authoritative much aren’t you?” Jaejoong smiles, his arms circling Yunho’s neck.

“Only because of you.” Yunho replies before Jaejoong brings him down for a deep kiss.

“Get some more sleep babe, it’s still early, and we have the whole day.” Yunho whispers on Jaejoong’s lips as he pulls away slightly.

Yunho caresses Jaejoong hair as he coaxes him to sleep.

“Mmmh..” Jaejoong replies softly with his eyes closed.

Yunho’s touch is soothing. Soon, he is drifting to sleep again.

Y
unho watches him as he sleeps.

He could not even explain how scared he felt last night.

They almost lost Jaejoong before about a year ago.

They were on a vacation with Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin to one of the nearby islands. While they were swimming, Jaejoong was stung by a poisionous sea creature which temporarily paralyses his leg, rendering him unable to swim. He almost drowned right there if not for Yunho getting fast enough to him.

Yunho could not imagine what would have happened if he did not get to Jaejoong in time.

Ever since then, he can be a little overprotective of Jaejoong at times.

Because he will never want to go through that ever again.



“Eh? A new student?”

Yoochun nudges Yunho who has his attention focused on his tutorial.

“EH? Don’t you think he looks a little like Jaejoong hyung”

Yunho looks up from his tutorial and watches as the new student walks into their classroom.

“Class, we have a new student today.” The teacher announces.

“Karam, please introduce yourself to the class.”

The new student steps forward and starts to introduce himself,

“Hello everybody, my name is Karam. Please take care of me from now onwards.”

Karam says as he bows.

“Nae, Yunho, what do you think?” Yoochun nudges Yunho again.

“Haha, just a little.” Yunho replies, feeling slightly amused.

“Karam, you can sit at the empty seat beside Yunho. Yunho, as the class monitor, help us to show Karam around later on alright?”

“Yes, Lee Songseang-nim”



(Lunch time)

“So why did you transfer at your final year?” Yunho asks politely. Actually half of his attention is spent thinking if he should go and check on Jaejoong. Boy is back to school after three days of MC and has to continue work on the upcoming event. Yunho is quite worried but he cannot leave Karam alone on his first day of school. Yunho decides internally that he is at least dropping Jaejoong a text later to check on him if he cannot do otherwise.

“My dad’s job requires him to travel around quite often. Previously we were in Japan but the company suddenly needs him to relocate to Seoul. So here I am!” Karam replies enthusiastically.

After spending sometime with Yunho, Karam realises that this guy is not only good-looking, but he is a really nice person too.

“How does it feel? Moving around so frequently?”

Karam’s eyes dim at that question but he still manages a small smile as he replies,

“Sometimes it gets a little lonely, but as time goes by, you just have to get used to it.”

The question must have touched something sensitive inside Karam.

“Ah.. I am sorry to ask that.” Yunho apologises.

“Let’s go and get some lunch now, it’s on me today.” Yunho says as he flashes a smile at Karam.

Karam finds himself unable to remove his eyes and his heart flutters at the sight.

‘Omo, what is happening?’

He thinks to himself.


 

It is really crowded in the school cafeteria at this timing.

Yunho looks around until he locates where Yoochun and gang are sitting. He walks towards them together with Karam.

“Yo! Yunho-hyung, who is thi- EHHHHHHHH?” Changmin is shocked as his eyes falls upon Karam.

Junsu was slightly taken aback too.

“Omo he looks quite a lot like Jaejoong hyung!”

“HAH! That’s what I thought too when I first saw him!” Yoochun tells Junsu.

“Exactly! Yunho hyung, care to explain what’s happening?” Changmin raises an eyebrow.

Yunho laughs at their reactions.

“Come on guys, they are not that alike.” He says as he proceeds to introduce them to one another.

“Here, Karam, this is Junsu and Changmin, Yoochun you should already know, he is from our class.”

“And guys,” he looks over to Changmin and Junsu. “this is Karam, he just got transferred from Japan’s counterpart, Toho High School, over to our school and he is currently in the same class as Yoochun and I.”  

“Hi I am Karam, please take care of me from now onwards.”

“Yah, no worries about the formalities, however you look much younger than us, how old are you actually?” Yoochun asks.

“I am still 17 but I’ve managed to skip grades when I got transferred here as we do more modules in a semester in Japan.”

“Woah kid, that’s pretty impressive.” Yoochun comments.

The rest of the lunch are filled with the other three’s questions about Toho high school Japan.

Yunho smiles, seeing that they are getting along pretty well and says,

“Okay guys, help me take care of him at the meantime ya? I will have to go and make a quick check on Jaejoong. Karam, I hope that you are okay with staying with them for the time being.”

“No problem Yunho-hyung.” Karam answers.

“I’ll meet yall in the classroom then, so don’t have to wait for me. Ciao!"

“No worries bro, see ya!”

Karam feels a little dejected as he watches Yunho walks away. ‘Isn’t he getting attached a little fast?’ he thinks to himself, feeling a little silly at that. But he still cannot help but be a little curious at who Jaejoong is. And so he asks Yoochun,

“Um, Yoochun hyung, who exactly is Jaejoong?”

Yoochun gives him an unfathomable look. He picks up something more from that question and understands that it is more than simply wanting to know who this Jaejoong is.

‘Perks of being the more sensitive one in their group.’ Yoochun shrugs inwardly.

“He is our Student President, you will be able to see him around a lot.” Yoochun replies.

“Are you guys very close to him?”

"
Yeah of course, Jaejoong hyung is one of us,” Yoochun pauses slightly, watching Karam slightly before he continues, “moreover he is Yunho hyung’s Bae.

“What do you mean by that?” Karam probes futher, kind of shocked after hearing that. ‘Could it be…’

‘THERE we go again.’ Yoochun says inwardly and he almost rolls his eyes at the situation. It feels like déjà vu as this happens a lot. Be it with Yunho or Jaejoong.

“They are lovers, Karam.”


AN: I spend alot of time just doing one chapter XD Hope you guys like it! :)