Chapter 1

THE Couple

“Alright students, that’s enough for today, we may end the discussion now.“

 

After a two-hour long discussion, Jaejoong is finally able to dismiss the group. The school has handed down instructions for them Student Union to plan the upcoming European Ball for their own 50th Annivesary. This has gotten Jaejoong really busy for the past week. The initial planning part has always been the hardest, however after the many meetings, Jaejoong is relieved that they had pretty much secured the skeleton of the whole program flow.

 

“Senior Jaejoong, do you want to come to dinner with us?”

 

Jyuna asks with a hint of expectation in her voice. She always had a crush on the Student President. Aside from his goodlooks, he is nice, caring and smart. Most of the teachers and students have really good impression of him, which also explains why he is the President of their Student Union. 

 

“Ah.. I’m sorry Jyuna, but I am already meeting Yunho.” Jaejoong replies apologetically.  

 

“Ah... Okay then, it’s alright.” Jyuna smiles awkwardly after hearing the disappointing answer.

 

‘Sigh, that’s right.. he is already together with Yunho-sunbae, son of the Jung Corporation’ Jyuna shakes her head slightly as she walks towards the rest of her friends.

 

“We will make a move first then Senior Jaejoong, have a safe trip home!”

 

“All of you too, have a good rest tonight. I’ll see you guys tomorrow!”

 

After the students have left,  Jaejoong looks at his watch and is shocked at how late it already is. He then packs hurriedly and take a last look at the discussion room before turning off the lights.

 

‘Aish I’m so late!’ he thinks to himself as he locks the door and quickens his pace towards the school gate. 

 

Once he is out of the school, he halts his steps and his eyes searching around for the familiar figure. 

 

“Jaejoongie!”

 

He turns around and is met with Yunho, who is just wearing a hoodie with bermudas and flip flops.

 

Jaejoong pursed his lips slightly at the sight.

 

“Yah, Jung Yunho, don’t you know that it’s already September, why didn’t you wear something warmer?” Jaejoong chides lightly as he advances towards him.

 

Yunho chuckles as he pulls Jaejoong towards him.

 

“Nah, don’t worry about me, what took you so long?”

 

“Just needed to finalise the last bits of the festival so that we can submit the proposal soon. Sorry to keep you waiting for so long Yunho-yah,  I’ve totally lost track of time while being at it.” Jaejoong said apologetically. “Moreover you’re wearing so little!” He added as he slaps Yunho lightly on the shoulder.

 

Yunho chuckles even louder at that.

 

“Let’s get us home then, my sweet Jaejoongie.” Yunho said while interlacing his fingers with Jaejoong’s, making Jaejoong smiles at that gesture.

 

“You didn’t bring your car with you?”

 

“Yeah, let’s walk back today, it’s been awhile since we have done that.” Yunho smiles as they walk home together, with Jaejoong’s hand warm in his hand.

 

Yunho loves walking home with Jaejoong. That’s actually how they got to know each other. At that time, they still didn’t have their drivers’ license. Considering their apartments’ blocks are just next to each other, they ended up taking the same route home.

 

It was not after three days later that Yunho started to realise that he has been seeing this same boy almost everyday on his way home. On the fourth day, Yunho decided to chat him up and from there he had found out that the boy’s name is Jaejoong and he lives on the block just next to him.

 

He started to know more about Jaejoong as days go by. He found out that he really likes spicy food and had actually tried one of the spiciest pepper and ended up loving it. He found out that he has a warm heart despite his somewhat cold demure when he tended to an injured kitten in one of the alleys. He got to know that he is optimistic and broadminded when he gives money to homeless people whenever he can, saying that

 

‘It might just be badluck for now but I believe that they will definitely be able to get through this’

 

And when he found out that he had fallen in love with Jaejoong, he didn’t hesitate to let him know.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jaejoong, this might sound really abrupt but I really like you.”

 

“I’ve been wondering when you will actually say it.”

 

That night, Yunho caught one of Jaejoong’s most beautiful smile.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AN: Just kinda setting the tone for this fic hehe. I’m hoping to turn this into my own favourite fic where all my ideal scenes can be played out HAHAHA xD I know that I have another fic that has been stuck on chapter 3 for about a year now… I do plan on finishing it someday. But this fic will be my priority now. Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! :D