Five.

Selfish Bastard

“Your child?” she glared, “I will never let you see my child.” Jaeyon will never be YOUR child Jiyong, she is mine and you can’t take her away from me!

“How can you do this to me?!” he demanded, “I’m that child’s father, I have the right to know where they are and how they even look like.”

*SLAAAPPPP*

“Don’t you dare,” she glared at him, her eyes becoming clouded as tears started to form, “You have no such right, no right at all as a father. They are my child and mine alone. Now get out Jiyong.”

“I’m not leave until you tell me Dara,” he said as he tried to stare her down.

“GET ING OUT OF MY HOUSE JIYONG!” she screamed, “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW!” She continued to yell as she forcibly shoved him out the door with Bom’s help.

“WE ARE NOT DONE DISCUSSING THIS DARA!” he yelled from the other side of the door, “You hear me? I need to see my child.”

“Just go away,” Dara muttered as she slid down to the floor in tears.

“Dara!” Bom ran to her, “Come on, get up. Let’s get you away from the entrance,” she mumbled as she slowly pulled Dara up and onto one of the couches.

“How?” Dara cried, her entire body was shaking as tears streamed down her face, “How can he still have this effect on me?”

“Dara? What are you talking about?” Bom asked with concern. Don’t tell me…

“Just the sight of him Bom…Just the sight of him makes my knees weak. He still makes my heart flutter. Why? Why now? After all this time, why is he still able to do this to me?” she cried, “After he left, I searched for him everywhere. I searched so damn hard because I knew I was wrong. I forgot how much I loved him unnie, how much he loved me. He tried to give me everything, but it was suffocating me. We were so young, so foolish. He tried to always appease all of our problems with material things, it was too much. And his jealousy...I couldn't even visit my cousin without him flipping out because I was with another male besides him! He almost punched Youngbae, his best friend, when he found about us meeting up secretly so I could plan out a surprise party for him with Youngbae's help. I couldn't associate with anyone of the male species besides him, my brother, and my father, even that was pushing his limit! To me, that wasn’t love, it was just an obsession…I just an object of his possession. We were so young,” she sniffled, “I should’ve seen…I should’ve understood that that was his form of love. I couldn’t believe I threw out all of his love just like that, but then he was gone. I thought it would be like before, we would have a cooling off period, but then everything would be okay. But...but he just completely disappeared, I didn’t even know I was pregnant until a couple months after he left,” she cried into the palms of her hands, “I waited for him…every day I was waiting for him to come back…to just hear about him...to tell him about Jaeyong...to tell him I loved him...to tell him I wanted him back," she sobbed, "No one would tell me where he had gone. Everyone glared and said hateful things because I broke up with him, saying how I was a cruel b*tch just using him for his money. Years passed and I eventually gave up hope that he'd be back...that he'd come back for me, but now…now, after 6 years, he’s back unnie. He’s back. How did he find us? How did he find me? Why after all of this time? Just when things are starting to be okay, he shows up. What about Jaeyong, huh? She’s been asking about her father a lot recently and now he’s here, what am I supposed to tell her? That all this time her father didn’t want to ever see my face again? That he doesn't even know about her?? The only good thing is that it seems like Jiyong hasn’t seen Jaeyong yet,” she sniffled, “I won’t…I can’t let him take her away from me. She’s everything to me Bom. My little girl, the product of our love…I already lost him unnie. If he takes her away, I won’t have anything. If that happens I won’t have any of his love anymore, I won’t have my beautiful baby girl, the only piece of happiness in my life right now...the only piece of him I still have left.”

“Dara,” Bom gently shook her shoulders, “calm down first and then we’ll talk about it. Right now, you’re too emotionally unstable. Calm down so you can think clearly about everything. Don’t worry, I’m here for you sis, always. And Jaeyong will always be here for you too. No one is going to take her away,” she said as she hugged Dara. I won't let them...not after everything you've been through. Throughout the years, she had watched her little sister work to death in order to support Jaeyong on her own. Always working multiple jobs at a time to provide Jaeyong with the best while trying to always be there for Jaeyong. To always be there when Jaeyong wakes up and when Jaeyong goes to bed.

“Oh, speaking of which,” Dara gently wiped away her tears, “Is Jaeyong home? Her Jingyo-oppa was supposed to drop her off by 6pm.”

“Yeah,” Bom nodded, Jingyo-oppa? But Jiyong was the one that brought her home, “She was completely knocked out when she got home so we put her to bed.”

Dara nodded, “That’s good. They didn’t see each other then," she sighed with relief.

“Who didn’t see each other?” Bom asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Jaeyong and Jiyong…” Dara responded quietly.

But they have met, Bom thought, If the ‘Jingyo-oppa’ that Jaeyongie has been talking about was the one that dropped her off…then doesn’t that mean ‘Jingyo-oppa’ is really Jiyong? She silently stared at Dara, her sister was breaking down because of this man, shouldn’t she tell Dara the truth behind this mysterious ‘Jingyo-oppa’? Is that really for the best though? 5 years…5 years Dara has been struggling on her own to raise Jaeyong. Would it be so bad to let Jiyong back into her life? To just let him into Jaeyong’s life? Ease Dara’s burden? The look on Jiyong’s face earlier was sincere…he already cares a lot about Jaeyong even if he thinks Jaeyong is my child. Would he be the same if he knew that Jaeyong was his? Jaeyong needs a father figure in her life…but can I…can we really let Jiyong back in that easily? After disappearing without a trace? After leaving them? Tears continued to rolls down Dara’s face, No…no I can't. Not now, Bom thought, maybe…maybe if Jiyong continues to spend time with his daughter without knowing his daughter, then maybe his suffering will amount to even a fraction of Dara’s suffering. I’ll let you suffer a little before knowing the truth, Kwon. This is revenge. This is your time to show what kind of man you’ve become…the kind of man I hope you will become for both Dara and Jaeyong.

A door slowly creaked open, “Why is everyone yelling?” Jaeyong yawned as she rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes and started to walk towards them. When she fully opens her eyes, her eyes fell onto Dara’s crying form. “Omma!” she cried as she runs to her mother in worry.

“My baby,” Dara wrapped her arms around and squeezed her tight.

“What’s wrong omma? Why are you crying?” she asked as she pulled away to see her mother’s tear stricken face. Raising up her small arms, she used her tiny hands to wipe away all of Dara’s tears.

“I won’t let him take you away,” Dara whispered as she stared at her beautiful daughter, “you’re my baby,” she cried as she hugged her daughter tighter.

 


 

Weeks pass by since the incident, but everything just seems to go by so slowly. After years of trying to forget Jiyong, creating a barrier that will make her forget the past, it all crumbled that day. Just those five minutes with him made that barrier shatter. It seemed like almost everything would remind her of him, he was always on her mind. Confusion and fear always ran through her body at the thought of him. Confusion over whether even after all this time she still loved him. Fear because she didn’t want to lose Jaeyong. She didn’t want Jiyong to take her daughter and disappear once more. Every night after Dara would tuck Jaeyong to bed, she would eventually find herself crying herself to sleep.

Weight loss, dark circles, puffy eyes, Dara looked horrible. Just one look at her mother, Jaeyong could tell something was wrong. Seeing her mother getting worse, she became more and more concerned, but every time she asked what was wrong, her mother always said it was nothing.

“Hmmm,” Jaeyong pouted as she tied her shoelaces and started to walk towards the school gate. Why is omma so sad? Jaeyongie doesn’t like it when omma is sad.

“What’s with the frown Jaeyong-ah?” a man standing in front of her asked.

Looking up to see who the man was, her pout immediately turned into a bright smile, “Jingyo-oppa!” she yelled as she ran into his open arms, burying her face into her neck. “Where have you been? Jaeyongie missed Jingyo-oppa a lot.”

“Oppa has been busy,” he sighed. For the past few weeks he was consumed with new project deals for the company. On top of that he’d been trying to find out more about Dara and their child, but unfortunately for him, he was getting nowhere. Too consumed with the ordeals at work, he pushed the research on Dara to Daesung. However, all Daesung had seemed to find is the connection between Bom and Jaeyong. Nothing about Dara. Jiyong looked down at the little girl in his arms, how I wish she was the one I'm searching for, but I supposed it’s not meant to be, “I missed you too Jaeyongie,” he said as he gently her hair. She pulled away from him and frowned as if not believing what he had just told her. God, no matter what she does, she’s so adorable, “Aigoo, let’s turn that frown upside down,” he chuckled as he intinctively started to plant kisses all over her face.

“That tickles,” she giggled, “you’re just like omma, always kissing Jaeyong’s cheeks like crazy.”

But her smiles are definitely the best, “That’s because Jaeyong has the most adorable cheeks in the world,” he grinned as he kissed her right cheek again. “Who would have thought noona would have such an adorable kid?” he muttered.

“Noona?’ she tilted her head in confusion.

“Just someone oppa knows,” he forced a smile as he remembered his confrontation with Bom. Speaking of which…considering Bom hate my guts, she probably wouldn’t want me to be around Jaeyong… “Your omma probably wouldn’t like it if she knew we were together.”

Does omma not like Jingyo-oppa? She pouted at the thought, “Why?”

“Mmm,” he bit his lip trying to come up with a good explanation, “Oppa did something and made your omma really mad, so let’s keep this a secret?” he winked.

“Neh!” she saluted him, if it’s to see Jingyo-oppa it should be okay to not tell omma for now… “I really really missed you Jingyo-oppa,” she said as she kissed his cheek.

“Shall we go then princess?” he asked as he started to walk towards his car.

“Go where?” she asked.

“Ice cream?”

“Yay!” she cheered.

After going to the same ice cream parlor they went to before, they ate their ice cream while Jaeyong filled Jiyong in on everything that had happened to her and her friends for the last few weeks. Every time Jaeyong ate a scoop of ice cream, her face would light up in pure happiness with her cheeks always puffing out. And every time Jiyong had to hold himself back from pinching those adorable cheeks, especially after Jaeyong started slapping his hands away from her cheeks.

Since it was still before 6pm, Jiyong decided to take her to a nearby park. Hand in hand they walked all around, swinging their arms between them.

“So, why were you frowning earlier?” he asked.

She pouted as she remembered her earlier dilemma, “My omma is really sad right now.”

“Why is your omma sad?” Did something happen to Bom noona?

“I don’t know,” she continued to pout as she started to slow down her pace before eventually stopping in front of a bench. “She’s always crying recently and I don’t know what to do to make her happy,” she said as she climbed onto the bench to sit on, “She keeps mentioning someone.” When she doesn’t think Jaeyongie hears her…

“Someone,” he raised an eyebrow as he knelt down so he was eye level with her.

“Neh,” she slowly nodded, “She always mentions a ‘him’.”

“Him…” he nodded, Him? A man…but who? Someone important to Bom noona perhaps…

“I think it’s my appa,” she clenched her tiny fists, “I think my omma really misses my appa.”

Her appa? That’s right, Jaeyongie said her appa disappeared…Bom has been raising this amazing child all on her own, “Maybe oppa can help you find your appa,” he suggested.

She looked at him with surprise before adamantly shaking her head, “if appa is going to make omma sad,” tears started to trail down her cheeks, “then I don’t want to find appa.” If omma cries because of him, I don’t need appa. I only need omma to be happy, she thought.

Seeing the little girl’s tears was breaking his heart, “Come here,” he said comfortingly as he extended his arms toward her. She slid off the bench, tears still falling as she walked into his arms. Wrapping his arms around her, he hugged her tight, “How about this, I can be like your appa,” he said into her ear as he her hair. “And I promise, I won’t make your omma sad,” never…never again do I want to feel Bom noona's wrath.

She pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes, “You’ll be my appa?”

“If you want me to,” he smiled, “We can visit places together and eat lots of ice cream and lots of other delicious things.” The words seemed to have just tumbled out of his mouth making him almost immediately regret saying them. What are you even saying Jiyong? Be her appa?? She’s not even your kid, why are you doing this??

Hearing her words, Jaeyong’s face broke out into the brightest smile he’d seen all day, Jingyo-oppa as my appa? He’ll be my appa? For real??? “Jingyo-op…Jingyo-appa?” she hesitated before Jiyong flashed a small encouraging smile, “Jingyo-appa!” she said louder as she wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

Appa…Just hearing her call him that made his heart jump in happiness, be Jaeyong’s replacement appa? Is that really okay? He questioned as he felt the little arms around him tighten, that comforting warmth engulfing him once more, Why does this feel so right? Why does it feel so right to be a father like figure to her? he thought as he hugged her tighter in his arms. I don’t know why…all I know is that nothing has ever felt so right. Nothing has ever felt as right as me wanting to protect this little girl from everything I possibly can.

 


A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Gah, can't believe I have to go back to school next week TT___TT which means I won't have much time to write and update my stories...so I'm trying to finish this up before I go back >.< Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I really loved reading your comments from the previous chapter haha It was definitely different than I anticipated. Let me know what you thought of this chapter in the comment section down below! 

Remember to subscibe, upvote, and comment ^___^

Chapter 5/8 done.

Jingyo is now an oppa like appa? Wonder what will happen next? 

Until Next Time! Pyong~

P.S. Oooooh, TOP's V-live broadcast is tomorrow hehe I'm really curious about what he'll be doing. I've seen the theme, but still a bit confused about it. Which big bang v-live broadcast has been your favorite? Or who's are you looking forward to the most? ^___^