Three.

Selfish Bastard

A few days later.

 

“Sir, we can just send a representative to retrieve the money,” Daesung said as he tried to reason with Jiyong.

“Its fine,” Jiyong stopped him, “I want to go and personally thank them for hosting the event.” Plus…maybe I’ll see Jaeyong again.

“If you insist,” Daesung replied as he laughed, “I’ll go get the car then.”

“Alright, I’ll meet you downstairs,” Jiyong nodded. Jaeyong…damn, why do I feel so connected with the kid?

 


 

“Thank you again for coming Mr. Kwon,” the principal said as he shook Jiyong’s hand, “It was an honor to host such an event.”

“No, thank you Mr. Kim. Thank you for hosting it, it wouldn’t have been as successful as it was if it weren’t for your help,” Jiyong replied.

“Is there anything else I can do for you Mr. Kwon?” he inquired.

“I believe this is all,” Jiyong smiled, I can’t exactly ask to meet Jaeyong…especially since I don’t have any family connection with her, “I better take my leave. Thank you again and we’ll definitely keep the school in mind when planning for future venues.”

“Thank you. Have a nice day Mr. Kwon,” he replied as he saw Jiyong out.

Ah…all the kids must be in class right now, Jiyong thought as he walked down the empty corridor, I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

“Jingyo-oppa!” a voice called behind him.

Turning around Jiyong saw Jaeyong running towards him. Like the last time he had seen her, she was sporting an apple hairstyle, the only difference was that she was wearing the school uniform now. Just at the sight of her Jiyong’s face broke out into a huge grin, “Jaeyongie!” He instantly went down onto his knees to receive her into his arms.

“You’re actually here Jingyo-oppa!” she giggled as she wrapped her little arms around his neck.

“I guess fate was kind,” he chuckled he pinched her nose, “aren’t you supposed to be in class missy?”

“Right now is gym class,” she said as she pointed to the field, “but then Jaeyong saw Jingyo-oppa and started running. Earlier I was thinking about how I wanted to see you again and then here you are,” she giggled.

“I really wanted to see you again too Jaeyongie,” he said as he continued to hug her. Ah, this comforting warmth again. “Hmmm, let’s see if oppa get you out of class, how about that? We can get ice cream, you like strawberry ice cream right?”

“Neh!” she nodded with excitement, seeing Jingyo-oppa and eating ice cream with him??? Jaeyongie is so lucky today!

“Alright then, let’s go talk to your teachers,” he chuckled as he picked her up and walked back to the teacher’s offices.

“Um, excuse me?” he knocked on the door of the principal’s office again.

“Come in,” Mr. Kim called. When Jiyong walked in, he immediately stood up from his chair in surprise, “Is something wrong Mr. Kwon?”

“Oh, no,” Jiyong shook his head, “Um, I was wondering,” he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, “Would it be okay to let Jaeyong leave class early?” he tentatively asked.

Furrowing his eyebrows Mr. Kim looked between Jiyong and Jaeyong trying to figure out what was going on, “For what reason? And what is your relationship with Jaeyong?”

“Ah, um,” he stumbled on his words as he tried to think of a good explanation, “You see, during the charity event Jaeyong was a great help to me and I wanted to pay her back by treating her to something. I wasn’t sure whether I’d be able to see her again until she saw me leaving. Also because of my schedule, I’m not sure when I’ll be able to treat her.” Well…that’s not exactly lying.

“I see,” Mr. Kim nodded in understanding, “We’ll have to talk to her mother to see if she is alright with Jaeyong going with you.”

A sense of relief ran through Jiyong at Mr. Kim’s words. “I completely understand,” he smiled.

“Alright then, let me pull up her contact information,” Mr. Kim said as he sat back down in his chair. After a few seconds on his computer Mr. Kim found the correct information. Dialing the number, he waiting for Jaeyong’s mother to pick up. “Ah, hello Ms. Park,” Mr. Kim greeted.

At that instance, Jaeyong climbed out of Jiyong’s arms and ran over to Mr. Kim with her hand reaching for the phone.

“I’m calling to inform you that someone is picking up your daughter early from school. He says he owes your daughter a huge favor and wants to treat her out,” Mr. Kim continued as he smiled at Jaeyong, “Ah yes, his name is –”

“Omma!” Jaeyong cried as she reached for the phone again.

“Ah, it looks like Jaeyong-ah wants to explain it to you herself,” Mr. Kim chuckled before handing Jaeyong the phone.

“Omma! Jingyo-oppa came to my school today. He wants to treat me to ice cream,” she said happily, “Is that alright?”

A slight crease formed between her eyebrows as she looked over to Jiyong, “Yes, I’m sure he’s Jingyo-oppa.” She went silent as she listened to her mom, “Neh, after ice cream oppa will bring me home, right Oppa?” she asked Jiyong.

Unable to hide his smiled, he flashed a gummy smile and nodded.

“He said he’ll bring me home after,” she said into the phone, “Alright, I’ll give the phone back to Mr. Kim now, bye omma. I love you,” she said before handing the phone back.

“Hello again Ms. Park,” Mr. Kim said, “Ah, I see. Don’t worry, I know Jingyo-oppa,” he slightly chuckled at the nickname, “he’s a trustworthy man and I can guarantee he’ll get your daughter home safely,” he said. “Ah, I understand. Thank you Ms. Park, I’ll make sure to tell him. Have a nice day. Bye bye,” he said as he hung up the phone call. Taking out a piece of paper form his desk, he scribbled something onto the paper, “Here is her mother’s contact information if something happens as well as their home address for you to drop off Jaeyong. She just requests that you get Jaeyong home by 6pm.”

“Alright,” Jiyong nodded as he took the piece of paper, “Thank you.”

“Just don’t make a habit of this,” Mr. Kim chuckled.

“I won’t,” Jiyong laughed in response, “If Ms. Park calls and needs my contact information, just give her the information written in the charity event’s documents.”

“Alright, have a good day,” he called as Jiyong and Jaeyong exited the room.

“Come one Jaeyongie,” he laughed as he held onto the little girl’s hand, “Let’s go get your stuff.”

“Neh!” she said as she led him towards her homeroom class. Since her class was in the middle of gym lesson, the room was completely empty. She showed him where her desk was and all of her things before grabbing her backpack. As they went towards the exit of the building, she even showed him her shoe locker and the shoe lockers to all of her friends.

“I bet Haru is going to be so jealous,” she giggled, “I get to skip class and get ice cream with oppa.”

“Yup,” he smiled, “Maybe Haru-ah can come next time too,” he offered.

“No,” she looked up at him and shook her head, “Jingyo-oppa is Jaeyong’s. No sharing.”

“But isn’t Haru-ah your best friend?”

“Neh…but Jaeyong doesn’t want to share oppa with Haru,” she pouted.

“Alright,” he chuckled, “Oppa is only for Jaeyong then.”

“Yay!” she cheered as they approached Jiyong’s car.

“Sir,” Daesung asked as he climbed out of the driver’s seat, “we better head to the office now an-” He stopped himself as he saw Jaeyong. “Sir? What’s going on?”

“Ah, Daesung, change of plans.”

“Excuse me?” he asked with confusion.

“Ah! It’s the ahjussi from before! The one that was with you oppa,” Jaeyong cried.

“Ahjussi?” Daesung’s eyes widened, “Why am I an ahjussi while hyung is called oppa,” he pouted, “Wait…she’s the girl you were carrying when you cut the cake.”

“One and the same,” Jiyong chuckled, “And we are going to go get ice cream.”

“Ice cream?” Daesung looked at him with disbelief, Jiyong is going to go get ice cream with a little girl…Jiyong….the man that never lets anything interrupt his work is going to get ice cream with a little girl….WHAT??? He doesn't even like sweet things that much!

“Yup, ice cream. Ah, you can go home now if you want Daesung-ah,” Jiyong nodded, It’ll be awkward if Daesung is with me and Jaeyong, “You can take the rest of the day off. We can drop you off at the office so you can get your car.”

“Ah,” Daesung tentatively smiled, “I see,” he nodded.

 


 

After dropping Daesung off at the office, Jiyong drove himself and Jaeyong to his favoreite ice cream parlor. During the car ride and once they had arrived at the ice cream parlor, Jaeyong talked nonstop about everything. She told him stories about her and her friends from school, about her teachers, and about her mom.

“Omma is so pretty. Some boys can’t even speak when they see her,” she giggled, “I want to be just like omma. She’s so pretty and smart. She the best omma in the world,” she grinned happily as she scooped some ice cream into .

“Your omma sounds amazing,” he tells her sweetly as he admired the love the girl has for her mother. Ah, she’s so cute when she talks about her mom. All the love shows in her eyes and smile. And those cheeks again, just as cute as before, makes me want to just smother her in kisses. Aish, he woke up from his thoughts, what is wrong with you Jiyong? Smother her in kisses? You barely know the kid! That can be seen as very wrong and inappropriate. What’s going on with me? He thought to himself as he looked at the girl in front of him. Why do I feel this affectionate and loving towards this child?

“Omma is the best!” Jaeyong responded, “I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my omma.”

Now that I think about it… “What about your appa?” he asked.

“Ah,” her smile instantly disappeared, “Omma said that he disappeared.”

So I was right…her mom is a single mother…that’s why she was at the charity event… “Disappeared?”

“Neh,” she nodded sadly, “He made omma really sad.”

Seeing her so sad make his heart throb. “Maybe your omma will find him soon, then she won’t be sad anymore,” he said softly as he patted her head and ignored the mysterious throbbing in his chest.

“I hope so,” she sighed, “Omma will find appa and Jaeyong will have Jingyo-oppa,” she said as she clapped her hands together in happiness, “Then we’ll be a complete family,” she smiled.

“Family, huh?” a smile tug on his lips, “So Jingyo-oppa is Jaeyongie’s?”

“Neh,” she nodded adamantly.

“Alright,” he laughed, god she is so cute.

“Why are you laughing?” she pouted, “Ah! Promise!” she held out her pinky, “Promise that Jingyo-oppa is Jaeyongie’s.”

“Aigoo, why are you so adorable,” he continued to chuckle as he lightly pinched her cheek.

“Promise!” she pouted.

“Alright,” he said as he gave in and wrapped his pinky around her tiny one, “I promise.”

“Yay!” she exclaimed as she jumped out of her seat and went over to Jiyong.

Seeing her come over to his side of the table, he automatically picked her up into his arms and settled her onto his lap. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her. Warmth immediately engulfed him.

“I’m so happy that I got to see you again oppa,” Jaeyong smiled, “Today has be the best day ever.”

“I’m glad,” he smiled, “This has been the best day for me in a long time.”

“Will I see you again after this?” Jaeyong frowned at the possibility of never seeing him again.

“Of course,” he immediately responded, “I promised that I’m Jaeyongie’s. That means we’ll see each other again for sure.”

“Really?” She smiled brightly.

She looks so happy. Her warmth, her cheerfulness, her smile, I want to protect it all. I want to protect her happiness. I want to protect her. Taking a look at his watch he sighed, “It’s getting late, we better get going or your omma will be worried about you.”

“Neh,” she nodded as she jumped off his lap.

After throwing away their trash, they both hopped back into the car and headed towards her house. After an unusually long period of silence Jiyong looked into the rearview mirror and saw Jaeyong completely knocked out. Aigoo, she must be tired. It’s been a long and exciting day for her, he chuckled to himself as he pulled into the parking garage. He carefully picked her up trying to not wake her up and carried her to her front door.

*ring ring*

He waited patiently after he rang the doorbell.

“Coming!” a voice called over the intercom.

Pulling Jaeyong closer to him, Jiyong savored the warmth that the little girl was giving him as he waiting for the door to open.

"Ah, hello," Jiyong greeted with a bow as the door started to open. He gripped onto Jaeyong tightly making sure she wouldn't fall from his bow. However, the second he stood up straight again he almost dropped her as he recognized the familiar face behind the door. Why is SHE here?!

 


A/N: Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D Let me know in the comment section below. I really love writing Jaeyong's parts xD

Remember to subcribe, upvote and comment :)

Chapter 3/8 Done.

Are then going to finally meet???

Until Next Time! Pyong~