Two.

Selfish Bastard

“The ceremonial cutting of the cake will begin in 10 minutes,” the announcer called through the intercom.

“Cake?” Jaeyong’s eyes lit up, “I wonder if it’ll be strawberry cake.”

“Who knows? You want to go find out?” Dara teased as she pinched the girl’s nose.

“Yes!” Jaeyong stated as she started to tug her mom into the direction of the gathering crowd. “Come on omma! We won’t be able to see the cake if we don’t hurry!” Jaeyong let go of Dara’s hand and ran chaos of all the people

“Slow down Jaeyong!” Dara called as she followed her daughter, quickly losing her amongst all the people. “Aish this girl, where does she get all this energy?” she asked herself. Now where did she go? She probably followed the crowd right?

Right before Dara was able to get a good look at where people were walking someone harshly bumped into her.

“Ugh,” she groaned as she lost her balance and fell onto the ground.

“Sorry about that,” a hand was extended towards her, “I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Here, let me help you up.”

“Ah…thank you,” she said as she took the hand in front of her.

“Are you alright? Sorry again about bumping into you,” the man in front of her said with a slight grin, “Wow, you’re really beautiful.”

Scrunching her eyebrows, she looked at him and then back down at their hands, “Um…thank you,” she said as she tried to retrieve her hand from his grip.

“Donghae. Lee Donghae,” he repeated, not showing any signs of letting go of her hand, “And you are?”

“Dara,” a frown started to form on her face, “Can you please let go now?”

“I will if you give me your number,” he smirked flirtatiously as he moved his hand to grip her wrist.

Oh god, she rolled her eyes, “Not interested. Now, let go,” she used all her strength trying to get out of his grip.

“Not so fast there,” he continued to smirk as he took a step closer to her, “Not interested? Considering you’re at a charity event for single mothers, can I assume you’re currently a single mother? Such a shame for a beauty like you, but I can change that, what do you say?”

*SLAP*

“What the was that for?!” he yelled after she slapped him across the face with her free hand.

“LET. ME. GO,” she gritted her teeth.

“I don’t think so,” he tightened his grip on her wrist.

“Let go of me you disgusting creep!” she yelled as she kicked him in the place where the sun doesn’t shine. He automatically released her as he doubled over in pain.

“You little b*tch,” he growled as he cupped his precious jewels.

“Tch,” she shook her head before walking away. Jaeyong…where did she go??? Tch, that man totally distracted me from finding Jaeyong.She started to wander around the event area trying to find the place where her daughter could have possible wandered off to. Where could she have possibly gone? She thought frantically. Wait, cake. There was an announcement about cake. That’s where she must be. 

“Um excuse me?” she asked a nearby volunteer.

“What can I help you with?” he replied.

“Do you know where they’re cutting the cake?” Dara asked.

“Hmmm,” the man rubbed his chin thoughtfully, “Ah, that should be located at the stage area. If you walk that way,” he pointed in the direction she had just come from, “keep walking until that green tent over there. When you reach that green tent, turn right and you should be able to see the stage.”

“Thank you,” she bowed as she walked into the direction he indicated.

“And now Mr. Kwon will cut the first slice of the cake,” she heard the announcer say as she rounded the corner at the green tent.

About 100 meters away from her was the stage. On the stage was a man in fitted suit carrying what seemed to be a child in his arms. Even with his back facing me, he seems like he’s a handsome man. She let out a small chuckle, What are you thinking Dara? How can you think a man is handsome by only seeing his back 100 meters away? You can't even see his back clearly at this distance. Plus, he has a child, don’t even think about those things silly girl. Turning her attention away from the stage, she walked from one end of the crowd to the other trying to even get a glimpse of her daughter.

“Where is that silly girl?” a crease on her forehead started to form. “Maybe she wormed her way to the front,” she let out a sigh, “I guess I’ll have to wait until they finish cutting the cake.”

Once the cutting of the cake was over, the crowd started to disperse giving her a better opportunity to look through the crowd for her daughter. With her back towards the stage she observed all of the people leaving making sure she wouldn’t miss Jaeyong if she passed by.

“Jaeyong-ah,” she called.

“Omma!!” a little voice called in the distance.

Turning to her right, she saw Jaeyong running towards her with a very generous slice of strawberry cake in her hands. “Omma!” she called again once she rushed into Dara’s embrace.

“Don’t do that again baby,” Dara gently scolded as she her daughter’s hair, “I was really worried about you. Don’t run off by yourself.”

“I won’t,” she pouted as Dara pulled away from her and kneeled down to Jaeyong’s level. “Ah, omma! Jingyo-oppa gave me this!” she said excitedly as she showed Dara the slice of cake.

“He did? Where is this Jingyo-oppa now?” Dara asked with concern, who’s Jingyo-oppa?

“He said he had to leave now,” she pouted, “Ah!” she turned towards the stage, “There he is!” she exclaimed as she pointed to at a man’s back.

Squinting her eyes she stared intensely at his back, He looks familiar…Her eyes widen with realization, Jiyong??? Wait…no…why would he be at this kind of event anyways? “It can’t be…” she softly muttered as she took her eyes of the man, “He doesn’t even know about Jaeyong…and even if he did, there’s no way he’s getting anywhere near her,” she said as she tightened her hold on Jaeyong.

Wincing at her mother’s sudden embrace Jaeyong frowned, “Is something wrong omma?”

“No,” Dara shook her head into her daughter’s neck, “Nothing’s wrong…omma just remembered a sad memory.”

“Sad memory?” Jaeyong’s frown deepened as she lifted her free hand to lightly pat Dara’s back.

“Neh,” Dara replied softly, “There was once a man that Omma loved so much…but omma realized it too late and now he’s gone.”

“Can’t you find him?” she asked as she started to pout. 

“Ani,” Dara pulled away from her and caressed her soft cheeks, “I don’t even know where he went. He just disappeared. Your appa just disappeared...” A painful throb echoed in Dara's chest at the thought. Jiyong-ah...where did you disappear to?

My appa? My appa is the one that disappeared and made omma sad? Why would anyone want to disappear from Omma? If he comes back, will omma be happy? He won’t be a sad memory anymore if he comes back, right? “Maybe if fate is kind, you’ll meet again soon,” she said remembering Jiyong’s words. Maybe fate will be kind and lead appa back to us. 

Dara stared at her for a second of disbelief before giggling, “Since when did you become so wise?” she teased as she kissed one of her daughter’s cheeks. Where did she hear those words? Did someone say it on “The Return of Superman” or another tv show?

“That’s what Jingyo-oppa told me. Omma that tickles,” she giggled as Dara kept kissing her cheeks.

“Jingyo-oppa seems like a wonderful person,” Dara smiled.

“He is!” Jaeyong happily nodded before remembering the cake in her hands, “He’s the one who gave me this,” she said as she cut off a small piece and place it into Dara’s mouth. “I know I’m not supposed to talk to strangers,” she pouted looking guilty, “but omma, he was very nice. He seemed so,” she thought hard for the right word, “comfy. It’s like I already knew him,” she placed another piece into Dara’s mouth, “like I’ve known him for a really long time,” she pouted again in confusion before placing a piece into her own mouth.

“I see,” Dara nodded as she tried to figure out who this Jingyo-oppa was, “Thank you for the cake baby.”

“Omma not sad anymore?”

“Nope,” Dara smiled, Leave it to Jaeyong to bring a smile to my face. “I’m not sad because I have you baby.”

“I’m always here for you Omma,” she smiled.

"Yes, you'll always be my little baby," Dara said as she looked at Jaeyong lovingly.

“Ah, I can’t wait to see Jingyo-oppa again!” she giggled at the thought as she placed another piece of cake into .

“Omma wants to meet Jingyo-oppa too,” Dara laughed at her daughter’s enthusiasm.

Jaeyong nodded at her words, “as long as omma doesn’t steal Jingyo-oppa from Jaeyongie. Jingyo-oppa is Jaeyongie’s only,” she said seriously. Jaeyong wants to be the one who receives warm hugs from Jingyo-oppa, she thought.

Omo, don’t tell me my little girl is already having her first crush, Dara thought with amusement, “alright,” she giggled, “omma promises not to steal Jaeyongie’s Jingyo-oppa.” I wonder what type of man this Jingyo-oppa is to make such an impression on her.

 


A/N: Omo, only one chapter and this story already has over 1000 views! Thank you so much for reading my story and for all the support >__< Here's the second chapter of this story! Sorry if it's kind of boring, I know a lot of you want them to meet already, but this is just how I planned out the story. Let me know what you guys think about it in the comment section down below!

Remember to subcribe, upvote and comment ^___^ 

Chapter 2/8 Done. 

Time to think of the epilogue of the daragon fic I just finished writing called "If You". Check it out if you haven't already, here's the link to that story: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/988771/if-you-daragon-kwonjiyong-sandarapark

Until Next Time! Pyong~

P.S. I'll probably update soon since I recently finished writing chapter 3 hehe~