Churrasco

Drabbles

churrasco: n. meat cooked over an open fire

 

 

 

"I never thought you'd be able to do that," Donghae praised, his tone full of admiration and with a hint of pride. 

"It's all thanks to my teacher," Hyukjae replied, and the conversation immediately stilled to a stop. 

Both were silent as Hyukjae turned the churrasco over the small fire they had lit with matchsticks from the car's emergency bag. They were at the river bank, cooking a large fish that the older had managed to hook up. 

"So who taught you?" Donghae tried again. 

A car whooshed past on the road, but neither noticed. 

Hyukjae's lips stayed tightly shut. 

 

 

 


a/n: today has been literal hell and i don't really want to talk about it but i will. first, my flight was delayed by three hours, which meant i had to book another bus time because my original bus ticket was non-transferable and non-refundable (if i had paid an extra two dollars it would've been changeable but no, i had to not choose that flexible ticket because i am so. smart.). so, after breakfast i was waiting by the gate for the whole time as the departure time increased by three hours in 30 minute sections just to torment me. this meant i couldn't buy and eat anything before the flight, and during the flight. then i was rushing to the bus departure area, with around 15 minutes to buy and eat lunch, and after eight hours of nothing but a cup of water, they told me i couldn't take hot food on the bus. so i sat down to eat a burger and 10 chicken nuggets in ten minutes (which is possible) if not for the fact that they suddenly came up to me and said we were leaving now, so i had no other choice but to dump my (UNTOUCHED) food into the bin. i was hungry, sad, and didn't have the energy to be angry and just accepted my fate. seconds away from the bin, they called out wait and told me i could go on the next bus so i have time to finish my food. i was so greatly thankful until i asked them when the next bus was and they said the exact same time as my original bus. i was confused then they explained that there's two buses all at this time, but my bus was filled so there were going to leave early. so, basically they unfairly took away my right to have lunch and forced me to throw it all away if they hadn't.... sighs. so i wolfed down my lunch in five minutes (they wasted five minutes with their stupidity), and didn't even process the food going down because it was so fast. have you ever been so hungry, then eaten something so fast that you still feel hungry afterwards? well now i have. so i get on the bus and because i fogot to take my neck pillow thingy /again/, i had to suffer in semi-consciousness with my waist and neck in extremely uncomfortable angles. i was so tired emotionally and physically but i couldn't sleep for that three hour bus ride. then i got to my destination, and had to leave almost immediately to catch the local bus to the school for an event. i waited at the bus stop for ing half an hour before the bus came, late, because i forgot that in the weekends the bus doesn't follow the ing schedule and why am i even alive seriously. so i go do my (physical. cries) event for two hours, nearly died of exhaustion, and then bought dinner (a really unhealthy cake but what other choice do i have i'm just a lowly human at the bottom of the food chain after all my dieting i ing give up ok) before running to the next bus. which, yes, you guessed right, was /also/ late. and the temperature here is less than 5 degrees at night and let's just say i wasn't prepared for it. at the bus i almost forgot that i was hungry (this is literally the saddest sentence i've written all year. i mean how can i forgot i was hungry. /cries) and that the bus didn't allow food to be eaten on it. so i wolfed down my dinner (what a striking similarity ha. ha.) but of course the bus came another ten minutes later after i had finished. i wrote this on the bus so sorry for the quality. i choose these words with a random number generator so i had to somehow make them fit the storyline somehow so i'm also sorry for the awkwardness yes i know they're cooking over a fire on the side of a river in a civilised city but i'm  literally dead so please forgive me. now i am home and i just finished cleaning up in the bathroom and there are clothes strewn out all over my bed from my half-unpacked bag and i want to sleep or die whichever is fine really but there are clothes and things on my bed and i don't have space to sleep or die.

tl;dr: i had a really ty day and i want to die

* D-2 *