Finding a Friend

What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

The club had really great drinks. The bartender really knew how to mix the drinks. The best was the rum and coke. Of Course the lemonade and rum was her favorite drink. That was just the best mixture. Just the right amount of sweet with the right amount of bitter. The only thing is how many drinks has she had and how long have they been here again? She lost count, but hey what does it matter all she wanted to do was walk around and give everyone hugs. Jade was so happy she walked up to Lizzie, her best friend, and gave her a hug. “Oh, Lizzie, this is such a great night.” Jade says as she makes the hug tighter

    “Jade, it is a good night. Um how many drinks have you had already? You seem to be a little more huggy than usall. Well a lot more than normal since you only give one hug a year,” Lizzy calmly asks her friend, but does not try to remove her. She probably realizes it is best to just let her be cling. This way she wouldn’t wander off to a stranger.

    “OOOOHHHHHHH what does it matter? We are in Vegas. This is the place to have fun. No one will judge you if you are having fun. Besides the bartender knows how to make a really good lemonade and rum drink. I don’t know it’s name, but it is so yummy… You should try it!”

    “I have Jade. It was the first drink I had tonight,” Lizzie reminds her friend.

    “Right! Well I a getting another one. I will get you one too,” Jade calls back to Lizzie as she abruptly walks towards the bar. Getting the drinks took Jade about ten minutes and it took her another five to fine her friends. She couldn’t really remember where she left them. They were in the club and that was all she knew.

    After wandering around for that time she found them. It was kind of hard not to. She saw that Sky and Rose were arguing about something again. Even in her drunken state she knew that it was them. She saw that Molly and Lizzie were trying to keep the fight down. They didn’t want to get kicked out of the club. Walking closer Jade could hear Sky yelling, “It was just a bat. I can buy you a new one.”

Rose was not to happy with that answer. Jade was surprised she didn’t hit the other girl. Of course Lizzie was between then trying to stop the fist fight that will happen soon. “That bat was one of my favorites.”

Being brave Molly asked “Where did that bat even come from? Its not like you had it with you the whole time?” She didn’t really expect an answer.

Sky being the blond ditz she was said, “She probably has a second one too. She always had odd things on her. Its like Lizzie and her knives, she always has one.”

Without warning Jade saw Rose hit Sky. Walking up to them Jade tries to get them to notice her. Jade wasn’t in the mood for fights. Rose was an angry drunk and that always got her upset and Jade wanted to just be happy and she wanted everyone happy. After all they were out for a night on the town.

Jade tried to get Molly to notice her first since she was the one not physically between the other two. That did not really work out. Molly just pushed her off. “Jade not now. We have to stop Sky and Rose,” Molly tells her with a quick glance and then her attention is back on the others. The next person she tried was Sky, but sky just pushed her into Rose. Rose yelled, “Jade no one wants a hug. You don’t even like human contact. Stop getting wasted. You are too happy of a drunk.” Jade just looked at all of her friends. The last one she tried was Lizzie. Lizzie always had time for her. She was the friend that was the mother of them and she knew how to divide her attention. Jade walks up to her and clings on, “Um hey the drink that I said I would get. Well I drank it. It just happened. I was looking for you all and got really thirsty. Come on you all moved so how was I to find you all so easily. Of course while I was looking for you I would drink it. I mean it is best fresh. Yes I had two in a short period, but hey it was so good,” Jade just rambles off hopping this would get Lizzies attention. Sadly Lizzie just looked at her. “That’s okay, Jade. I can get my own drink after we calm Sky and Rose down. While I do that can you not give me a hug. I don’t want you to get hit.”

Jade looks at her with a kicked puppy look. finally realizing that wasn’t going to work she let go. “Fine. I will go fine a friend to dance with” With that Jade walked or more like stumbled away from the group. She was wandering away when she saw this really cute guy looking at her. He had a really pretty smile and his hair was a nice dark brown. He looked really fun and friendly. Thinking he wasn’t going to be dangerous Jade walked towards him. She thought it would be a great idea to give him a hug and out of now were she blurted out “I love you.”

He was so much more handsome in person. He looked down at her with a kind, but confused smile. “What? … Do I know you?” he asks her.

She smiles and laughs and responds, “No silly. I am Jade…. Now you know me.” This. guy will be lots of fun she realized right then. He just took her random hug and burst out in stride liked it happened every day.

He smiles down at her and responds in a warm voice, “Hi, Jade. I am Daesung. Now you know me.” Well he had a nice name to go with his smile. Both were just so cheerful. Maybe it was a good thing her friends ignored her. If they didn’t she wouldn’t have wandered away to get revenge on them. now she meet this nice guy who was talking all of this perfectly well. That’s what she needed in a guy. she was a little crazy and she needed one that could handle all of her crazy burst and her ideas of ruling her own island. He would do perfectly… at least for tonight.