False Hope

But You're a Playboy
After ChanHyuk's departure, all of us trained even harder, even 주현 (JooHyun) who liked to fool around stopped. We never ended our training sessions without sweat trickling down our backs. 
 
The language classes were almost useless now. Only people that had Korean class would only focus in class. I'd tell you why - you could never understand the feeling of not being able to even order food for yourself. 
 
Everyone averted their major focus on dancing only.
 
As days passed, we became more serious than ever, knowing that the day for our 2nd challenge to arrive was creeping nearer and nearer. 
 
It was only almost the 2nd week in YG and we had already learned over half of the songs of the artistes in the label of YG, including Haru Haru, We Like 2 Party, Lies, Baddest Female, One Of A Kind, Rose, Bang Bang Bang, Zutter, Crayon and et cetera.
 
During these training days, I became friends with 태광 (TaeKwang). 
 
When you first saw TaeKwang, you would feel that he's angry with you, with the way you dressed, the way you did things, with the way the world works. But actually, it was just his face. I had the same problem too (I still have), therefore I understand that people who don't often smile are not as fake as people who are forever smiling. 
 
He's a good person, with good manners. If you're not close with TaeKwang, you would feel that he is mysterious and likes to keep things to himself. You're pretty much right. Except for the fact that he's not mysterious. TaeKwang is the friendliest person I've ever known. 
 
If you ever need or want a brother, he will be the perfect one. He's protective over people that he cares a lot. Whenever you ask for his opinion on something, if he disapproves, he will give you his signature funny 'disapproval' look. 
 
TaeKwang and 미나 (MiNah) were the only close friends I had until then. 
 
And for further informations, they both were in relationships. Well, not with each other. 
 
Almost everyone in the dance studio were in relationships. Of course, except me. 
 
It has been 3 years since I had my 1st and only relationship. It was wonderful - as they said first love always is. We met when we're studying in college. We both knew that first love never lasts, but we still gave it a try. 
 
Nothing much happened. We broke up didn't because he cheated on me or I cheated on him - it was simply because things were not working out. We knew we would still break up some day, and so we did. Mature, weren't we? 
 
Every evening after finishing training and coming out of the building, I secretly hoped for 지용 (JiYong) to appear from behind my back again. 
 
I hoped that he would ask if I was alone, that he would ask if I wanted some fried chickens and beer, that he would ask me why would I want to be a dancer. Even if I knew I wouldn't be that lucky this time. Or was that just luck?
 
But thinking about that was just pure false hope. 
 
Next Day
 
"Now, please all 19 dancers gather in the studio on the 2nd floor." said the person in-charge. 
 
We followed, even though we didn't know what was the point.
 
Nobody was in the studio he mentioned. Sitting on the bench in the studio, some of us began to make guesses. Some said we were there because someone was leaving and some said because someone was going to be eliminated. Other than that, we all kept quiet. 
 
More and more people came in gradually. Among the small crowd, I spotted Crazy. 
 
"Each of the dancers has to perform a dance cover of any song of any artistes under the label of YG. You can choose to perform a easy routine, but then your marks in the 'techniques and skills' category will be reduced greatly." the person in-charge informed. 
 
"The judges for this round of competition will be Hee Jung, Ah Yeon, Min Jung, Eun Young, Sae Bum, Hye Jin, Iseul, Murakawa, Suhyun, Su Bin and Eun Chong. They will have the right to eliminate any two of the trainees." 
 
Crazy now was sitting at the back of the studio, which meant that we would not get the chance to look in the mirror when we danced. 
 
The CEO was not there. This gave us trainee dancers a breath of relief. 
 
One by one, we started performing.
 
신이 (Xinyi) decided to be the 1st performer. She performed 'BANG BANG BANG' by BIGBANG. I had never really got the chance to acknowledge her style and techniques in dancing. But today, I got to see it. 
 
It was not bad. For a quiet person like her, the energy she showed was mind-blowing. Not only that, her skills were all there. 
 
미나 (MiNah) was the next contestant. And she chose the song 'Rose' by Lee Hi. 
 
The dance routine for 'Rose' was actually not easy for me, since I was not the type who was skilled in urban choreography kind of dance. But Minah had done a serious great job.
 
The movements were swift and elegant. The long, rosy colour skirt that floated in the air as Minah danced only made her dance moves looked more with grace. 
 
She danced as she was in the cloud.
 
The crowd applauded once her performance came to an end.
 
I volunteered to be the 3rd participant. And I decided to perform 'Come Back Home' by 2NE1. 
 
Nodding to the DJ, he played the music.
 
My mind blanked at a point in the music, but I quickly covered it up with another move that came to my mind. I wished nobody noticed that. 
 
The routine was a exhausting one, and I guessed I had done it quite well. Although with few mistakes, I thought nobody actually saw that. 
 
The competition continued. 
 
After all the performances, Alex's routine kept on appearing on my mind. Not because he was brilliant, but because of the total opposite. 
 
He forgot his steps while dancing 'Crayon' by G-Dragon. Everyone knew the dance steps for the chorus of that song, but he made a very obvious mistake during that part of the song. He changed the whole chorus' dance moves.
 
We, dancers, all knew that it would be a total shame to dance a total different step from the others, especially on the stage. Not only that, it was very obvious that he had no focus and was lack of techniques. 
 
Results were out. Everyone got similar markings, with one or two marks difference with each another. But there were two marks that were significantly lower than the rest - Alex's and SoHyun's.
 
SoHyun's friends began to console and say farewell to her, some even sobbed. SoHyun herself cried too, but quietly.
 
JooHyun, Alex's only close friend in the studio world, patted his buddy's shoulder, meaning consolation and acceptance. Alex had his head down.
 
At last, both of them left them the room. 
 
Alex turned his head back one last time before exiting the door. 
 
-
 
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update.
I know this chpater is slightly shorter, and more boring than the previous one, but I'll make it more interesting in the next chapter.
Has anyone listened 'Rhythm Ta' by iKon lately?
I did and JinHwan dropped me dead. I don't even know how and why, but JinHwan is so... I don't know. kkeke
Anyhow, I will still stick with JiYong ssi ;)
Thanks for the support and drop a comment in the comment box!