Chapter 15

Error

[Daehyun]

As time slowly ticked by, my memories started to slowly flood back, fragments by fragments.

Sadly, there were still multiple memories that weren't present, causing loopholes to be found in my memories, and thus were jumbled up.
I could not remember who was the very first person who had created me.
My memories only had fragments of Master in them, and the time frame I had spent with him during his childhood before there was another void in my memories.

It was still pretty cold, though I could not feel temperature other than body heat, my sensors accessed the weather outside.
I hoped that Master was keeping himself warm despite the gradually growing cold weather.

My body and mind was craving for him ever since the night he told me he loved me. It was suddenly hard being apart from him even though I was growing used to it when he went off for work.

Was this how love felt like?

I miss Master.

[Youngjae]

It took a while for Professor Bang to finish reading Youngjae's reports before he came back to Youngjae.
Youngjae returned to the older Professor's office, not before knocking on the open door.

Professor Bang nodded his head as the younger Professor greeted him politely.
"Good report so far, as expected of you", Yongguk lightly commented, with a small smile on his face.
Youngjae's eyes twinkled a little as he gave the Professor a small bow in thanks.

"Prof Kim informed me about your short absence though. He told me that you just needed some time off because of fatigue?"

Youngjae nodded, hoping his elder didn't suspect much despite him being a more careful Professor than Himchan.

The older Professor let out a light chuckle before replying, "take care of yourself Youngjae ah. Being a robotics professor is a lethargic career, I understand, but take it easy once in a while alright? Himchan and I will be here if you need us, and Junhong too."

Youngjae nodded sheepishly.

"Well, now, you do know about the arrival of the Droids coming in less than a week, don't you? I'm sure Himchan has briefed you about this."

There was lump stuck in Youngjae's throat once he heard of that name.
"Yeah, Hyung did", he managed to force out.

Yongguk seemed to have notice the younger's slight anxiety, however, dismissed it as normal, for it was the first time The Droids were visiting Youngjae.
However, Youngjae's worries were beyond that, sadly to Yongguk's ignorance.

"Ensure that Daehyun is in top condition and you should be fine", Yongguk continued. "And don't let your guard down too much."

Youngjae's ears caught onto the last sentence from his elder.

"Yes hyung", Youngjae complied, then bowing before he took his leave.

Once Youngjae had left, Yongguk leaned back onto his leather arm chair, worry starting plague him for his junior Professor.
Youngjae wasn't always very talkative, and Yongguk knew that. But Youngjae was always very bright and bubbly, his eyes lighting up when he began his Daehyun project.

However, Yongguk knew his dongsaeng was a pretty fragile person, thus he worried for Youngjae as the time left until the Droids would come for inspection thinned. But he told himself that Youngjae could do this.
The project Youngjae did for nine months was beyond Yongguk's expectations. He knew that the Droids shouldn't give him any problem, right?

The Droids.
Yongguk let out a puff of breath.
He knew how intimidatingly secretive they were. He was inspected by them once and fortunately, passed.
It was rather unknown of how they managed to obtain the information about the building of Daehyun before Yongguk was about to send out the reports at a later date, to at least give Youngjae time to prepare.
He didn't know much about The Droids sadly; only the information of them in charge to inspecting robots and confiscating faulty ones before they were unheard of again.

Yongguk was then suddenly reminded of Youngjae's rather strange behavior, him being slightly more quiet and reserved than usual, nodding his head rather than verbally responding to the elder's words. Something didn't really feel right.
Despite his worries, he forced himself to dismiss it, convincing himself that Youngjae was just lethargic.

{☆}

Youngjae twisted his door knob and pushed open the door, greeted by the sight of Daehyun lying on the couch, his eyes shut, and another teen romance novel lying page-opened down on his chest.
The sides of his lips curled a little at the adorable sight, the feelings of missing his robot washing away gradually.
Daehyun's sensors seemed to pick up a familiar body heat, thus causing him to stir, trying to regain his memory of his surroundings.

"You're sleeping a lot lately, Daehyunnie", Youngjae commented playfully while taking off his coat and scarf, hanging it on the hanger before heading into the bedroom.
A smile grew on Daehyun's lips as he stood up to follow his Master, not forgetting to remove the book off his body.

When he entered the bedroom, Youngjae was the in the bathroom, and so Daehyun decided to lie around the bed, feeling engulfed by the white sheets, his heart beating with excitement at the fact the arrival of his Master.

It didn't take long before Youngjae got out of the shower, and he was wearing a white pullover that seemed slightly oversized for him, giving him slight sweater paws. But that made Daehyun inwardly squeal in delight at how adorable his Master looked.

Youngjae climbed onto the shared bed, wrapping his arm around Daehyun's neck, planting a quick kiss on the tip of Daehyun's nose.
Daehyun's face flushed a little, but he happily accepted it, and let his arms wrap around the Professors, his nose snug against his chest.

"How was your day, Master?" Daehyun asked, pulling his Master to lie down with him against the soft pillows.
"The usual", he answered, leaning against the hard chest of his robot.
"You should rest more, Master. You're not a robot, you have limits you know?" Daehyun commented, his Master's soft hair gently.

Youngjae forced a smile, not know what to reply, leaving the silence between them to linger.

"Are you hungry? Do you want anything to eat?" Daehyun asked.
"I already had dinner with Junhong. What about you?"
"I went to search on recipes and try cooking myself", the robot commented rather proudly.
Youngjae sat up in surprise to get a better view of his lover.
"You did?" Youngjae asked, rather amused.
Daehyun nodded, his smile spreading like a Cheshire cat's.
"Well, how did it go?"
"I tried cooking Mac n Cheese, and it turned out great! But I added too much cheese."
"Your cheese obsession is really something Daehyun", Youngjae commented, laughing a little.
"I'm glad you didn't burn down the kitchen though".

Daehyun side eyed his Master, and Youngjae punched him lightly on the arm.
"I was just joking, Hyunnie."
The robot smiled in return, giving his Master a quick peck on the lips, causing the male to flush a little at the surprise attack.

"You're really cute when you're flustered Master", Daehyun smirked, poking his Master's cheeks.
Youngjae puffed his cheeks out, done with his robot's mischief.
"I'm going to bed now", Youngjae stated, pulling the sheets up.
Daehyun pouted, wanting to talk more with his Master, but obediently complied instead.

"I love you, Daehyun", Youngjae suddenly said, which took the robot by surprise.
"I love you too Master," Daehyun replied, with a wide smile on his face, wrapping his arms around Youngjae.


Youngjae woke up, unable to sleep for some reason. He tossed and turned, and fell in and out of sleep, thus he ended up in this state in the end.
He decided to sit up, his vision slightly blurry and his head lightly pounding.
His gaze darts towards the digital clock, the green digits glaring a neon green with the numbers 3:00am on it.
Youngjae sighed, moving off the bed, deciding to get a glass of warm water.

He switched on the lights, the dim light flickering against the cold night with the moonlight bathing the living room.
Youngjae took a mug, then held the kettle handle between his hands, and carefully poured the water out into the mug.
He placed the kettle back, and walked towards the living room, making himself comfortable on his couch.

Youngjae's head was full of thoughts that he felt empty.

"Can't sleep?" A familiar voice made him jump a little.
He turned around, his eyes meeting his lover's, his eyes glowing a small ring of cyan blue.
"Daehyun... why are you awake?" Youngjae asked, still rather surprised.

"I still have at least a quarter of my battery left before I'm out", he smiled, taking a seat beside his Master.
Youngjae cracked a smile, placing the tightly held mug in his hands onto the coffee table.

"What about you? Why can't you sleep?" Daehyun directed the question back at Youngjae.

Youngjae shrugged, racking his brains for an answer.
"I guess it's one of those sleepless nights", Youngjae decided to use that cliche reason, leaning his head onto the cushion edge.

Daehyun went silent for awhile, this time, it being his turn to think of something to say.

He turned his body, facing his Master, his ankle on his leg, his elbow propped onto the couch spine, his hand supporting his head.

"Since we both can't sleep, tell me more about your childhood", Daehyun asked.

Youngjae turned his head to face Daehyun with a questioning look.

"What for?"

"Maybe it'll trigger more memories", Daehyun replied with a warm smile that made Youngjae's heart skipped a little.

"O-okay..", Youngjae complied, not knowing where to begin.

"I used to live near the woods and I met Jung Daehyun when I was six. He was introduced to me as a new neighbour.

"He was really friendly, he sure was. Immediately introducing himself politely in front of me when we first met.
He was so talkative, always talking about things that never made sense."

Youngjae heard a muffled laughter and caught it too, chuckling along with Daehyun.

"He was the one that made me grow an interest in robotics actually", Youngjae continued. "Always talking about robots and all while I sat by and listened, picking up interesting learning points.

"Jung Daehyun was probably the only close friend I made back then."

"Didn't you go to school?"

Youngjae scrunched his face a little, trying to remember.

"I did. But I don't remember making friends with anyone important."

"So you spent a lot of your time playing with Jung Daehyun?"

A light shade pink coloured the Professor's cheeks as he nodded.
"Picking flowers, talking about everything under the sun. Talking about what we were planning to do once we grew up.

"A year after, we were still close, even though both us were sent to different schools. I guess it was evident because we still lived near each other."

"That's really cute", Daehyun commented, taking the mug from the coffee table and taking a sip, earning a playful glare from his partner.
"You really spent at least ninety six percent of your childhood with Jung Daehyun."

Youngjae nodded, taking the mug from Daehyun's hands, his turn to take a sip.
"But of course, not long after, I realised that I had fallen in love with my childhood friend as time passed.
I kept delaying and denying my feelings, but I ended up being more flustered and confused", Youngjae blushed. "He suddenly just started giving me butterflies just by smiling and giving me so much touches.."

Daehyun couldnt help but smile, ruffling his Master's hair, and Youngjae being too shy to look at his robot in the eye.

"So I then promised myself that I would finally confess my feelings to him one night."

Youngjae drew his breath before continuing.

"But Jung Daehyun never showed up.
It was like he mysteriously disappeared.
I never saw him ever again from that night on", Youngjae sighed, shutting his eyes for a moment.

"I regret not telling him how I feel", Youngjae muttered.

Daehyun stayed silent. His head throbbing slightly, all the memories started to flood into him after Youngjae told him almost everything.
But the void was still there. Somehow there was still a missing piece.

"I found a micro chip that night while I was picking flowers and that is the micro chip that is embedded in you right now."

Daehyun's hands clasped his head, his eyes shut, seemingly in pain.
Youngjae shot up from his position, shocked and frightened at Daehyun's sudden reaction.

"D-Daehyun! Are you a-alright? I'm sorry if all this seems too sudden to you.. I..", tears started to well in Youngjae's eyes, frightened at what he had done to his robot.

Daehyun's eyes fluttered open, his hazel pupils now gleaming a bright shade of cyan.
His gaze slowly tailed to Youngjae's, his hands subconsciously moving away from his temples.

For a moment, Youngjae nearly freaked out, but maintained his cool, telling himself that he was ready for anything because Daehyun was his robot.

"Master.." Daehyun murmured, the cyan in his eyes flickering from hazel to cyan. Youngjae had his fingers tightly interwined with his lover's.

"It's all coming to me slowly.... Our memories.. together.. But it's an overload...", he breathed, his fingers clutching the Professor's arm rather painfully.

"Please don't erase me...." Youngjae whispered, holding his robot close, his tears trickling down his cheeks. "I'm sorry.."

"I'm just low on battery Master" the robot smiled, wiping away atear, feeling guilty that he had caused much worry to his Master.

"I won't erase you, ever.
Now go to sleep."