Chapter 14

Error


[Youngjae]

There wouldn't be much time left.
What would happen when The Droids come and discover something faulty about Daehyun? What would they do to Daehyun? What would happen if the hyungs found out about this? What would happen then-

"Master."
The voice of familiarity brought the Professor back to his senses.
At the doorway stood the masterpiece Youngjae had created.
While he may have thought that if it wasn't for the fact that he was too careless and probably messed up everything at the last part of the making, a really small part of him was actually grateful for adding in the erratic chip by accident.

Youngjae continued to aimlessly stare at the robot.
Daehyun cocked an eyebrow, confused at what his Master was staring at, he even turned around to check if there was anything strange behind him that his Master was staring at.
Instead, the Professor laughed light-heartedly at how adorable Daehyun was.

The thick lips that were forming into a small pout, and the eyes that glistenend with confusion, Youngjae realised that it was hard to keep his eyes away from Daehyun.
He decided that he'd do anything to protect Daehyun.

He would risk everything for Daehyun.

"Is there a reason why you're staring at me like that Master?" the robot had finally asked, stepping into the shared bedroom.
Youngjae shook his head, a playful smile etched onto his face.
Daehyun sat on an empty spot beside his Master.

"Is there anything you're feeling troubled about?" the robot asked this time.
Youngjae still shook his head.

Out of the blue, Daehyun's fingers slipped in between the Professor's ones, which took Youngjae by surprise, considering that his mind was in an array of thoughts about The Droids and Daehyun's future.

"Master", Daehyun called out gently, ensuring that he got his Master's attention.
Youngjae glanced back up at his robot, curious about what he was about to say.

"You're in love with me, aren't you?"

Youngjae was stumped for a split second for he was caught off guard from Daehyun's sudden question.
He was rendered speechless shortly after.
Youngjae tried to produce an answer, but no matter how he tried, it just didn't work.
Daehyun really knew how to stun him.

Words couldn't form in Youngjae's mind as much as he tried to reply to the other.

"The boy who you spent your childhood with," Daehyun began.

"Was me wasn't it?"

Youngjae froze, his mind in frenzy of thoughts, unsure of what to react.

Youngjae stared at Daehyn wide-eyed.
"How do you know all this?"

"Everytime I slept by your side, the memories started to trigger my memory system. Maybe because of the physical contact."

'Was that even possible?' Youngjae wondered. He just couldn't seem to put two and two together, considering how flustered he had become.

The grip on his fingers tightened slightly.

But at that moment with Youngjae being unable to calm down his furiously beating heart and the overwhelming emotions.

"I can't seem to remember much other than pieces and fragments of our childhood together, but I am certain that that boy was you", Daehyun said, his gaze never leaving his Professor's.

The overwhelm of emotions started to overtake Youngjae, and if it wasn't for the fact that he started to feel droplets gently hitting his lap and his vision blurred, he wouldn't have known that he was crying.
He couldn't believe this. Daehyun remembered him. The boy he gradually fell in love with when he was a child, despite the fact that Daehyun would have probably been a robot since the first day he met him. He never thought that this would happen.

Surprisingly, Daehyun didn't seem to react much to the tears trickling down Youngjae's cheeks.
Instead, he lifted Youngjae's chin a little and wiped the tears off his pretty face.

"Aigo.. why are you crying?"
Youngjae let out a cracked laughter, leaning against the robot, his face flushing red.

"I'm sorry..", Youngjae finally spoke after a long silence from him. "I was just.. so overwhelmed by what you told me. I never thought that this would happen. The truth is Daehyun.."

Daehyun's eyebrows knitted in slight confusion.

"The truth is that... I inserted an erratic chip into you by accident.. You weren't supposed to be like this."

Daehyun stayed silent.
But Youngjae braved himself to continue.
"The chip gave you emotions and memories; things a robot shouldn't have."

Daehyun bit his lip.
A long silence followed.

"That's fine," Youngjae broke the silence.
"I will protect you in any way I can. Don't worry."

Right now Youngjae was still slightly emotional despite the fact that his tears had already dried up.
Youngjae shifted his position upright again but this time, he faced Daehyun who was still staring at him with a concerned expression.

Youngjae then lifted his and Daehyun's loosely intertwined fingers up and tightened the grip, locking their fingers together before leaning in, pressing his lips against Daehyun.

Daehyun was taken aback for a moment and he was worried that his vessel would start to overheat.
But he managed to gain his composure despite his racing heart.
He tightened the interlocked fingers and kissed back, feeling the heat from his Professor's lips spreading all over his.

Time seemed to slow down. The world stood still. And it seemed that Daehyun and Youngjae were the only two beings living on the planet.

It was a kiss that lasted for probably only five seconds, but it felt long enough for the both of them as they pulled back staring at each other with reddened cheeks.

"I love you, Master", Daehyun spoke softly, leaning his head onto Youngjae's shoulder.

"I love you too", Youngjae replied, kissing the robot's head, promising to protect his precious robot lover.

There were still many questions unanswered. Like what was the purpose of creating Daehyun in the first place, if he was a robot? Why would someone leave a chip that gave a robot the ability to gain emotions and memories? Who is that someone who left the left the chip? What happened to Daehyun and why did he suddenly disappear?
And what was Youngjae going to do when The Droids come for inspection?
//
[Daehyun]

I never knew love could be so sweet.

The millisecond Master placed his lips onto mine, I felt so light-headed, my systems going haywire but all that mattered was Master, and that he loves me.

I woke up the next day, surprised that my arms were empty, lying lonely against the cold sheets with the morning sunlight bathing the sheets.
I wondered if everything was another weird dream, until a pair of arms tightened around my waist.

"Daehyunnie..." he breathed against my wife beater, causing me to shiver a little.
I shifted myself ever so slowly to face Master, careful not to wake him up and allow his arms to slip away from my body.

It didn't take long before Master stirred, his eyes slowly opening to meet mine.
"Good morning", he yawned cutely, and I couldn't help but smile in silence.

'I will protect Master at all costs', was the thought that surfaced to my mind.

"Are you still half asleep?" I asked, his hair lovingly.
Master blinked a few times, trying to stay awake before snuggling against my chest.
My vessel temperature then started to increase.

"You're so warm, Daehyun-ah", Master murmured, pulling the sheets up a little higher to insulate the body heat.

I let out a small chuckle.
"Don't you have anything to do today, Master?"

His eyes suddenly shot open, and the covers flew past his body as he shot up.

"Oh crap! I just remembered that I have to send in reports to Prof Bang!" He exclaimed, almost flying out the shared bed and into the bathroom.

I sighed in amusement before turning my body to face the ceiling.

A few more thoughts ran through my mind.

Now that I know that I'm robot that can express and feel emotions, I wasn't sure what I would do with that new information or myself.
My memories were slowly returning to me, the time I had spent with Master slowly flooding back, however, there was a weird gap in between, like as if there was something missing.
Something I was missing.
But I couldn't pin point.

This time, I sighed in slight frustration.
I wondered what would happen to me now.
Now that I was a robot with emotions;
Now that I was a lover to my creator.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N: i'm sorry for the late updates babys!! TT Have been so busy lately with work but I'm quitting my job soon, and hopefully I'll also stop having writer's blocks TT nonetheless, thank you for always supporting me and leaving me sweet comments!! I really appreciate it!!♡ 

See you in the next chapter!♡