Chapter 1

Error

Professor Yoo laid asleep on his desk, which was strewn with a mountainous amount of documents and files.

Junhong walked into his office, with a blanket rolled up in his arm. The office was dim, with only a bright source of light coming from Youngjae's desk. He had been working on his project again till twilight once more.

Upon reaching Prof Yoo, he unfolded the blanket and placed it over Youngjae's breathing body.

"Daehyun...." Youngjae murmered in his sleep.

Junhong sighed. 

He started to gather all the documents, in an attempt to clean up Youngjae's endlessly messy desk.

Whilst he was at it, he never failed to take notice of what had been written in the documents. 

Most where merely about Youngjae's project, and the details of it. 

Nine months, he had been working on this project, and thirteen years he had studied robotics to gain this dream that he wanted.

 

Youngjae started to stir in sleep, his pretty eyelids slowly fluttering up.

"Prof. You're awake", Junhong smiled. "I was tidying your desk up a little. So do not mind me. 

Do you want coffee?"

Youngjae gave a small smile and nodded.

He subconciously wrapped the blanket that was around him.

Junhong placed the stack of papers on the desk and bowed before leaving the office.

 

Youngjae took a breath. 

What time was it already? How long had he been asleep for?

He glanced at the holograph clock.

6:45am

He sighed.

He took his glasses from the table and wore them, then reaching out to the stack of papers that Zelo had neatly stacked for him.

 

It wasn't for long before Zelo appeared again, with a mug of pipping hot coffee for Youngjae.

He tapped onto the open door of Youngjae's office, and smiled when he got his professor's attention, who gestured him to come in.

 

"Good morning Prof~" he greeted cheerfully, settling the mug onto the chestnut coloured desk. 

Youngjae smiled back.

The coffee smelt absolutely refreshing and before Youngjae could take a sip, Zelo cautioned him that the coffee was still rather hot. 

Youngjae blew on the coffee and let it sit on the desk to have it cool off a little more.

 

"How's the project going, hyung?" His assistant asked, taking a seat in front of the hardworking Professor.

"It's going well I'd say. In another day or two, we might finally complete this", Youngjae answered, his fingers interlocking, supporting his head and with his elbows on his desk, looking at Zelo.

He tried to supress the excitement down, well because he had worked on this major project for nine months. The progress so far was absolutely amazing. Even Youngjae couldn't believe it himself.

 

"I'm hyped for the final product, prof. Make sure you don't stress yourself out alright? If you need anything, I'll be here."

Youngjae broke into a smile and thanked him.

Junhong then left his office and Youngjae to concentrate on his work. 

Youngjae immediately went back to his documents where he started to read from where he had left off.

He reached out to his mug and took a sip, enjoying the sweetness that was accompanied by bitterness after that. 

 

Youngjae walked to the laboratory when the clock striked 8am.

All his documents were prepared, now all was left to do was to finish up the final parts of the subject. 

Junhong was already in the lab when Youngjae entered. 

"You're here early",Youngjae pointed out.

The younger nodded, before continuing to admire the mechanical vascular organ that stood before him.

"Hyung, do you want to try to scan the micro chip one last time?"

Youngjae sighed, hesitating. His eyes laid on the test tube that contained the green chip.

It was the micro chip that was left behind after Daehyun had mysteriously disappeared when Youngjae was still seven.

He was speechless about Daehyun's disappearence.

But if there was one thing that the Professor had regretted, it was not telling Daehyun that he loved him.

 

Youngjae was snapped out of his memory trance when Junhong called out his name.

"Prof... Prof..?"

Youngjae snapped his head towards Zelo, forcing a smile before answering with a "that won't be necessary."

 

The micro chip could never be processed. It was always full of errors when scanned, as if it was missing information of just fully erratic. No matter how much Youngjae tried to scan it or whatsoever, it just didn't seem to work. However, Youngjae just kept it, for it was the only sentimental thing left behind for him after his friend's disappearance.

Youngjae had instead created his own micro chip  from scratch, and to his delight, the micro chip had a positive result. 

The Professor then turned to the stationary mechanic heart that was flowing with red mercury in and out from the vessel. The heart was nearly done. It only required a micro chip inside of it to start the pumping. Youngjae planned to use his self created micro chip for that.

Zelo placed the new micro chip in a test tube and set it on a test tube holder, beside the problematic one. 

"Hyung, your mirco chip is in the tube on the right."

Youngjae glanced at the screen.

 

95% rendering.

 

The heart was almost done.

He then walked over to the subject.

Youngjae was absolutely mesmerized with how he had created Daehyun.

Daehyun's eyes were shut, his lashes long and prominent, his lips pump and full, his skin pale and lifeless-probably because he hadn't been given a life just yet. Every part of Daehyun was detailed and beautiful, but the part kept bothering the Professor from time to time was  that he eerily looked almost....human.

 

"Prof! The organ is done rendering!"exclaimed his assistant. 

Youngjae walked over and at the mean time, grabbed one of the two test tubes from the holder, confident of his work.

That was when he made his grave mistake.

He took the test tube that was seated on the left.

The test tube with the erratic micro chip.

 

He popped open the test tube and let the micro chip fall onto his palm before settling the empty tube down and picking up a pair of tweezers.

Zelo allowed the cylindical vessel that confinded the heart to slowly decend down with just a push of a few buttons.

The heart was fully exposed to Youngjae now.

Youngjae leaned towards the heart, with his slightly trembling fingers, gripping the tweezers tightly, found the slit for the micro chip to be implanted in.

He placed the end of the micro chip gingerly at the mouth of the slit, far in enough to prevent the chip from falling out.

He pushed in the chip in successfully. He was satistified on how this was going.

Until Zelo started to speak. 

"Prof.. which tube did you take?"

Youngjae turned around and answered, "The one on the....crap."

His eyes widened in horror.

He took the left one, not the right.

Youngjae shut his eyes tightly, holding the tears back from falling out.

He couldn't abandon the project now. 

He flickered his eyelids open, took a deep breath. 

"Program, implant the vascular organ to the subject."

"Hyung... are you sure about this?" 

Youngjae nodded.

The mechanical arms unplugged the suspended heart and shifted it to Daehyun.

With smoothe movements, the arm attached the heart into the hole that bore through Daehyun's chest. 

Once the heart was implanted into Daehyun, the heart started to pump with soft movements. The mechanical arms started to come in, synthesizing skin material to cover up the heart.

It didn't take long before the arms retreated from the maintainence, revealing a completed Daehyun. 

Youngjae and Zelo couldnt help but gasped at the sight. 

Daehyun looked breathtaking. 

Youngjae turned to the scanning screen.

 

3% rendering.

 

Now all they had to was wait.

______________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this! I appreciate your support! Advanced apologies for I would update when I am able to! Thus I apologise if I upload late!!