Chapter 17

Error

A/N: hey cuties! First of all, I'M SO SORRY THAT I SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED. I have been extremely busy for the past few months and thus I didn't have the time to generate my ideas out... orz I'm sorry if you thought I was gonna abandon this story ;;A;; but I'm not! The story is reaching its so I can't obiously just abandon it. I just didn't have the time to draft it all out. Nonethess, I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry for the wait and as always, enjoy! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Daehyun]

 

Master returned back shortly, rubbing his hands against the white lab coat that hugged his shoulders a little bigger. He looked so adorable in it.

 

By the time Master came back, Professor Kim and Professor Bang had arrived. I greeted them with a bright smile. They returned my greetings.

 

“Professors! You’re here! Do you want coffee?” Master asked, putting on his brightest smile.

The prettier professor smiled and nodded politely while the other Professor shook his head, showing a small smile.

 

Professor Bang then walked over to me, inspecting me with his eyes from head to toe. I did my best to stay still, only to hear him chuckle a little. I turned to face him, a small pout forming on my lips.

“Don’t need to be so stiff, Daehyun. Just act normally how you are with Youngjae”, he assured. I bit my lip lightly, taking in his words.

“Oh, and by the way, you look great today”, he added, flashing his gummy smile. I flushed a little at his compliment, but I managed to smile and nod my head in reply.

 

Master and Junhong-ssi returned back shortly, their hands full with coffee mugs that were filled with piping hot coffee. The aroma was really wonderful, but, I didn’t feel like consuming any beverage at the moment.

 

Soon, all of us were settled down comfortably on the lab benches, facing each other. The two Professors sat beside each other, their shoulders nearly touching.

I was seated beside Master, my shoulders touching his. I could sense his body heat. I could feel that he was getting a little anxious.

Junhong-ssi sat beside Master.

 

“So”, Professor Kim began. “How’s the robot doing there?”

“He’s been doing fairly well, no hiccups since the last time.”

“Since the last time?”

“Yeah, Daehyun got overheated because I was careless. I didn’t properly check his cpu properly, thus he overheated and shut down temporarily.”

 

I didn’t to have to have my A.I to sense his anxiety when I already heard it in his voice.

I clenched my fists, remembering the time I kissed Master for the first time and overheat because of that.

Do I blush at that memory or do I blame myself for letting Master take the blame to spin a lie like that?

“Well, I guess such a minor hiccup is alright, as long you learned from your mistake”, Professor Bang simply replied.

 

“Youngjae”, Professor Kim suddenly spoke after the short silence, his voice deeper than before. “Come with me for a while. There’s something I need to tell you.”

 

Master seemed a little taken aback for a moment, but quickly complied.

He stood up, Junhong-ssi giving way to Master, who had a tense expression written all over his face.

Worry started to flood my senses, but I forced myself to stay glued to the seat as I watched Master following Professor Kim.

 

“Is everything alright?” I asked, after not staying silent for a long while.

Professor Bang shifted into his gaze to me, giving me an assuring smile.

“Youngjae is alright. We just have something important to tell him. But we just didn’t expect you to be in the lab with him too”, he replied.

Before I could part my lips to answer back, Professor Bang continued.

“It is really evident that he takes good care of you. The both of you are really inseparable since the day you had been activated.”

 

I was then rendered speechless.

 

“Oh, is Youngjae doing well? He told me he was suffering from fatigue a few weeks ago after being absent from work for a little over a week.”

 

“Ah, yes! Master has been alright. I’ll make sure he eats his meals and sleeps early”, I quickly replied.

 

Professor Bang smiled in relief.

 

“So tell me, what you learned so far as robot living on this planet. I’m curious to know.”

 

                                                                            {❁}

Time passed quickly as I conversed with Professor Bang about my daily life as a robot. He listened intently and with much sincere interest, nodding from time to time, and laughing at the parts where I said something funny. Junhong-ssi, who was beside me had taken interest in my stories and sat closer, listening intently. The atmosphere felt so much more comfortable than before.

 

Then, footsteps echoed through the hall.

My voice faded off the moment my eyes landed onto the people who stepped in into the lab.

Junhong-ssi’s laughter faded off too, so did his happy expression.

 

Professor Bang raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

“Did Himchan and Youngjae come back?” he questioned, turning around to meet at what we were staring at.

His gummy smile faded off almost immediately, replaced by a shocked expression, just like the both of us.

 

I’ve never see them before.

 

However, Professor Bang was the first to react.

He stood up, fixing any creases on his shirt and walked towards the door, where eight men stood, wearing all in black suits and sunglasses.

 

“I didn’t expect you to arrive this early.” Professor Bang greeted.

 

“Neither did I, Bang.”

 

A male, also in a black blazer and dark sunglasses walked forward, which I assumed to be the leader of the pack.

 

By this time, both Junhong-ssi and I were both already on our feet.

I noticed Junhong quietly pulling out his phone from his back pocket but frantically texting someone before locking the screen and shoving it back into his pocket.

 

I was starting to worry.

Where was Master? Who are these people?

 

Not long after, more footsteps were heard along the hallway, with both Professor Kim and Master bursting into the scene.

 

Master and I made eye contact as he brisk walked towards me, as calmly as he could, and stood by my side.

He leaned in closer to me, however trying to keep it subtle.

His lips brushed against my ear as Junhong-ssi went in front of us. He was shaking a little. I didn’t really understand the situation.

 

“They are the Droids.”

 

I could feel the fear etched in his voice, which sounded more quiet and smaller than before.

Master then retreated away from me, and I could clearly see the beads of perspiration trickling down his pale temple.

 

“What brings you here at such an early notice?” Professor Kim asked, and I swore I could sense the slight poison in his tone.

 

“Well, our boss was curious about the robot Professor Yoo had crafted from scratch. But he sent us down to examine him first before anything. You could just take it as a usual screening, don’t need to be so tense.”

 

What he said didn’t improve the situation. It was evident by the looks on our faces.

 

“So, where’s the robot?” the man smiled coldly. It gave me chills up my spine.

 

Master’s small hands slid around my arm, tugging me lightly along with him, walking towards the man.

Everyone had extremely calm faces plastered on, but I could feel their heartbeat—every single one of them, and their pulses were significantly higher than normal.

Especially Master’s.

 

I was then displayed in front of the man, where he gave me an inspection, seemingly checking every part of me before snapping his fingers.

 

Just then, two men grabbed my either sides of my arms, causing me to panic, for I didn’t know what was happening to me.

Master reacted to it, as he lunged forward, in attempt to stop whatever was happening as another two men grabbed him and held him back.

 

I stared at Master, panicking even more, using all my strength to break free from the iron grip, only to have it to fail miserably.

In which I slowly realized—these men weren’t humans.

As a matter of fact, they were humanoids.

 

What was happening?

 

My gaze shifted at the other two Professors who were free but weren’t doing anything, keeping their calm expressions extremely well.

Professor Bang spared a glance at me and mouthed ‘Do not resist.’

But before I could react or process, something sharp was inserted into the hind of my neck. It didn’t hurt, but I felt numb all over.

 

I felt my eyes lit up its cyan colour and I was completely immobile for that few minutes.

 

Immobile and in fear.

 

 

 

“Oh. Look what we have here—an illegal robot.

I never thought you would be capable to craft such a vessel, Professor Yoo.

And it seems like the error in this vessel is that he has emotions. What a discovery.”

My breathing quickened as I stared at Master, who had the exact fear in his eyes, tears bubbling in both his eyes.

I felt like my heart was stabbed, seeing Master like that.

That was when my vision started to blur and I felt something wet trickling down my cheeks.

I was crying.

 

Our eye contact didn’t last long when I heard the man instructing “Let’s go”, and I was yanked along with the two men.

 

Where are they taking me?

What was going to happen now?

 

The tears wouldn’t stop flowing out of my eyes and I helplessly struggled against the two men.

Master was getting further and further away from me.

 

Please don’t erase me.

I will protect you no matter what.

 

With my last ounce of strength, his name escaped my lips.

 

“Youngjae!” I cried out as my tears continued to blur my vision, but my gaze was still focused onto Master.

 

I don’t want to be apart from him.

I can’t be separated from him.

 

“Daehyun!” Master cried out, he himself struggling against the humanoids.

 

It was then I saw something I’d never thought I saw.

 

Master’s iris suddenly glowed a bright cyan blue, just like mine.

My tears stopped dropping, and my vision cleared, now being able to see everything that was happening before me.

 

Master wasn’t human…?