Chapter 9

Error

Sweat drenched his pillows once again.
Youngjae flailed and shifted his head from side to side, as if trying to avoiding something.
It wasn't until he felt a familiar reassuring squeeze around his waist, that his eyes fluttered open.
He drew in a deep breath, his wide opened eyes became heavily lidded once the panic subsided, leaving the remains of the recurring dreams fading away into the unknown.
It was then he realised that his weight had been shifted to the side instead of the middle, thus, he was lying face to face in front of a sleeping Daehyun who had his arms wrapped around the Professor.
Youngjae held his breath for that span of seconds when he realised that one of Daehyun's hands were just above Youngjae's , which sent goosebumps crawling on his skin

"Aish. This pabo.." Youngjae groaned, using all his willpower in attempt to supress his inappropriate thoughts from running wild.
He tried to squirm out of Daehyun's grip, only to have to outcome being a failure.

After what it felt like an eternity, Daehyun shifted his weight, his hands retreating back to their rightful owner.
Daehyun's eyes slowly opened, meeting his creator's.
"Good morning Master", he greeted, his eyes going back to being heavily-lidded, a lazy smile spreading his face as he held up the pillow to his face. "You make a good pillow, you know?"

Youngjae's face flushed at the tease and his eyebrows furrowed.
"I don't remember creating a robot who had such a disturbing habit of grabbing people's waists when he's asleep."
Daehyun frowned. "Habits develop over time, Master. What did you expect?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes, sighing in defeat. How did he create a robot who outsmarted him? Tsk.
He was about to hop off the bed until Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's wrist, halting him to a sudden stop.
Youngjae averted his attention to the robot who stared at him with such a strange look in his eyes.
"Master, what type of relationship do you have with Junhong?" Daehyun asked, tightening his grip around his creator's wrist slightly.
Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows.

"He's my assistant", Youngjae replied in confusion.
The tight grip on his wrist was released.
"Ah I see", Daehyun murmured, his hand retreating back.
And with that, Daehyun pulled the covers over him in attempt to go back into sleep mode.

Youngjae never took his eyes off Daehyun. Instead, he crawled over to Daehyun's side of the bed, his hands propping him up on Daehyun's covered side as he was lying down.
He nudged Daehyun a little, yanking the sheets gently, exposing Daehyun's face.
"Daehyun-ah, are you alright?"
Daehyun nodded, his eyes never leaving Youngjae's.
"Are you sure? If there's anything bothering you, you can tell me", Youngjae prompted, wanting clarification.

"Master, is it possible for a robot to turn human?" Daehyun asked.

Youngjae could feel the smile on his face fading away slowly as his gaze left Daehyun's face, breaking the eye contact.
Youngjae was trying to come up with answer, even though he couldn't find any.

"Master?" Daehyun's voice cut off Youngjae's zoning out.
Youngjae forced a smile and turned back to Daehyun.
"Well, it depends really", Youngjae managed to reply. "There is a small possibility, though there isn't a hundred percent succession."

"Oh.

Then how is it like to be human?"

"Boring for the most part", answered Youngjae deforming his cheeks playfully with his hand.
"And tiresome too.
Like you have to deal with the fact that you have to sweat a lot, also that the human body has only a limited amount of pressure we can exert and take."

"Then how is it like to have emotions?" Daehyun asked, pulling down the covers just a little more so that he could get a better view of the Professor.

"A burden", was Youngjae's immediate answer, giving Daehyun a fatigued look.

"But it can't be that bad.."
"Yes it can. A little is fine but an uncontrollable amount can really kill you."
"Kill?" Daehyun replied with a horrified look.
"Not literally of course." Youngjae chuckled in amusement of how Daehyun took his words literally.

Daehyun heaved a sigh of relief.
"But having emotions is what makes you human. It means that you're alive", Daehyun wondered aloud, gaining a long stare from Youngjae.
"Being human must be nice."

Youngjae smiled softly, the brunette's hair, attempting to comfort his robot's jealousy
"Don't say it like that, Daehyun-ah. I created you, and you're wonderful in every way possible."

Daehyun looked up at Youngjae with a gaze that made his heart skip a beat.
Daehyun's gaze had a innocence twinkling in them.
It tugged Youngjae's heartstrings
But then there was something else that Youngjae noticed, but he couldn't confirm it, for he thought he saw a tiny glint of desire that flickered past the robot's eyes.

The both of them had their gazes locked onto each other.
Youngjae's were getting slower until it came into a total stop, his fingers paused at a lock of hair.
He didn't know if it was just him or Daehyun, but the distance between the both of them was slowly disappearing.

Youngjae knew what he was about to do but he couldn't seem to stop himself. He felt himself getting pulled gently towards the other, to gain more closure.
His eyes were slowly shutting and Youngjae's mind went blank.
His lips were about to press onto the latter's, the desire in his body slowly turn impatient and greedy.

Until the door bell rang.

Youngjae's eye fluttered open, snapping back into the reality. He was met with Daehyun's who had seemed to have been caught off-guard by the sudden interruption.

"I'll go get the door", Youngjae murmured, his face flushing bright red as he brisk walked out of the bedroom, leaving Daehyun by himself, who slumped back into the sheets.


Apparently, the interruption was for the couch that Youngjae had sent for cleaning.
As Youngjae unlocked the door to welcome the couch again, he was still flustered, the moment of the event that happened just merely a few minutes ago.
What was he thinking?

He pulled the door open, greeting the workers and allowed them in as they heaved in the clean couch into the lad's apartment.
Daehyun walked out of the bedroom just in time and saw what was happening.

"Come, let me do it. Thank you." Daehyun said as he rushed over to the two men, wanting to take over their labour.
The two workers then smiled and bowed in thanks as they went back out of the apartment after bowing to Youngjae and getting the payment from him.

Youngjae couldn't help but watch in awe while his hand subconciously pushed the main door closed as Daehyun lifted the couch off the ground without any problems.

"Where does this go?" Daehyun asked, not even panting.
"There", Youngjae pointed to the empty space.
Daehyun walked over to the spot and gently placed the couch, then dusting it with his hands.

"I guess I'll go back to sleeping here again?" The robot asked, falling onto the couch comfortably, smiling as if nothing happened.
Youngjae felt his heart sink a little. He wanted to have Daehyun by his side just a little longer.

Youngjae forced a smile and nodded in acknowlegement before returning to his empty room.

Days ticked by as if it was nothing.
The solution still remained in the syringe, and Youngjae kept it in the freezer to preserve its effects, still reluctant to use it.
Youngjae had already grown used to the former emptiness of his bed that welcomed him with open arms.
Daehyun and Youngjae led their lives as per usual. They communicated a lot and the apartment didn't seem as lonely as before.
However, Youngjae tried to ignore the beckoning thoughts that provoked him from time to time that were about Daehyun.
Like the way his lips were so wonderfully plump that they were soft that made Youngjae tempted to dive in for more, but of course, he restrained himself.
He tried to keep the thoughts away.

The thoughts that were prompting Youngjae that he was slowly starting to fall in love with his robot.

[Daehyun]

There were so many queer things that were happening around me.
Like the fact that at this night, I had the same vague dream that plaque my mind all the time.
A small boy, calling out a muffled name I just couldn't make out, then hearing a splash and then blackness.
It just seemed strange to me, but I tried not to dwell much on it for my problem right now was the fact that everytime I talk to Master, or when he talks to me, there would be this strange feeling that I wanted to be more closer to Master.

And everytime when I look at him, I hope he would look back.
And while I talked to Master, I had to always suppress this strange desire whenever my eyes glanced over to his lips by accident.

It made me confused and remembering when I was kissed by Master didn't make my situation any better.
What was all this weird reflexes I was experiencing? Was I sick? I doubt robots can fall sick. They can only malfunction.
Was I malfunctioning? I hope not. I didn't want to be a burden to Master.

Another funny reflex I experienced was when Master was hugging Junhong.
There was a strange tinge of discomfort that trickled through me.
I knew that Junhong was Master's assistant and he knew Master long before I did, but i just couldn't help it somehow, and thus that led to me ask Master such an implusive question.
But I felt relieved when Master said that Junhong was really just merely an assistant.

I actually wanted to stay by Master's side for a longer period of time.
Well, as in sleeping on the same bed with him.
I knew I had a weird habit of unconciously hugging Master's waist when I'm in a slumber but being able to feel every contour of Master's body when I embraced him like that actually felt soothing. I think Master is annoyed with it somehow. It was pretty evident. But I still did it anyway. I didn't know why. It was like I wanted to always come back for more.
The more time I spend with Master, the more the queer reflexes of mine started to grow.
I wondered how Master felt.

The romance novels don't really give me any more explaination that I needed, so I gave up relying on them. I still liked those novels though and I still read them.

Going back to sleeping on the couch was more difficult than I thought.
I guess I was too used to sleeping with Master all the time that going back to the couch felt foreign to me. Thus this earned me a couple of sleepless nights, strangely. The huge humanly vessel of warmth I'd grown to wasn't there any more. So it really felt out of place.

It was the same thing tonight. I stared blankly at the dark ceiling that my eyes were adjusted to, annoyed by my own A.I not wanting to switch to sleep mode.
I sighed.
I wondered if Master was already asleep.
Master always looked so adorable when he's in a deep slumber.
His long lashes, his soft breathing, his cute button nose and his pretty pair of pink lips.
Being unable to fall asleep once again, I got out of the couch, and headed to Master's room.

I didn't know why I went there. It felt like I walked to Master's room subconciously. But nonetheless, I walked towards the bed, seeing a heaving chest, that rose and drop ever so slowly.
Walking over to the bed ever so silently so I that I wouldn't wake him up, I then climbed into the bed with him, strangely wanting to get a closer look at him.
As I did, I promised myself that I would go back to my resting place once I was satisfied.

I ended up laying beside him, staring at Master aimlessly, admiring his every facial feature.

Just like every romance novel I read, the protagonist would trace their fingertips across their sleeping lover's face.

I guess I ended up following suit.

Before I knew it, my fingers were lightly placed onto his cheek and I felt a small surge of electricity trickling through me.
My fingertips trailed down to Master's eye lashes, and I felt the hair on my fingers, that brushed and tickled.
Then to the small button nose he had. I always thought Master's nose was rather small and cute and that it fitted his face perfectly whenever Master would complain that he felt his nose was out of place.

And finally, to the lips. I didn't know why but I felt my heart rate accelerate more than usual. I felt every curve of his lips, both top and bottom.

Electricity jolted through my body when I remembered when Master first gave me a kiss and when we nearly kissed once more.
The latter was the one that made me confused. Why did he inch forward towards me? Why did I automatically shut my eyes and reacted to him?

But the one thing that frustrated me the most was that the door bell broke the atmosphere.

Nonetheless, I tried to think nothing too much of it, even though my heart beat would increase everytime I thought about it.

I continued to admire Master as my hand retreated back to my side, to support my head.
There again, that strange feeling that resided in me.

I want to be human so I can stay by your side, Master.


I broke the promise that I made to return back to the couch that night