Chapter 8

Error

[Daehyun]

 

Generally the romance novels I've read all had what they would call "kissing scenes", where the two protagonists would allow their lips to meet. These kisses were often described like as if there were fireworks being set off in their hearts, as if the world spun to a stop, defying the laws of time, as if every part of their bodies came alive. 

And thus, all that left me to wonder, how did all that feel? Was it really true? 

 

The books also mentioned the little details and signs of falling in love, like how you feel sparks of electricity when the person who you are infatuated with comes in contact with you or how you notice every little detail of that person more than you should, or how much you want to spend time with them.

I found it really impressive how all that was possible, but of course, they were all just in novels. 

Nonetheless, I was always curious. How does 'love' feel?

And this led me wondering even more, like if kissing really did amplify the dosage of oxytocin in the brain. 

 

Master stared me silently, and I stared back. 

The silence between us started to grow even more, with only the ticking of the clock to accompany with it.

Was Master alright? 

To me, it seemed like he was in a state of shock or something. His eyes gazing blankly into mine. 

At times like this, I always wondered if I was the robot or him. 

"Master...?" I called out, my hand reaching to him, grasping his shoulder, and giving him a gentle shake.

 

"W-why would ask that sort of thing..." Master muttered, his cheeks flushing a shade of pink, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well the romance novels I've read all always have kissing scenes, so I wondered how a kiss feels like", I answered.

Master raised his hand up, and swung it towards me.

My eyes shut in reflex, and I flinched, preparing for Master to hit me.

However, the hand that seemed to be threatening had landed gently onto my head.

I opened an eye, peeping at Master. 

He patted my head gently, and then ruffled my hair. 

"Pabo", he said. "You're still not ready to learn about these sort of things." 

Now both of my eyes were opened. Master was sitting in front of me, with a smile sprawled across his milky face.

 

He didn't hit me.

 

The more I stared, the his facial details seemed to show. 

Like how his eyebags showed through when he smiles brightly.

Like how his lips were slightly pursed when he smiled, as if he was a little shy to.

Like how I thought I saw a twinkle in his brown orbs. 

 

Thump. 

 

There it was again. That weird feeling that always rippled through my vessel. Was there something wrong with me?

 

I pouted at Master's words though. He was always treating me like that. 

Just a mechanical machine. 

Nothing more than that.

What did he mean by that I was not ready? 

Psh. I had a super intelligent A.I, what was I not ready for? 

I'm even qualified as a super intelligent robot. Professor Kim mentioned before that I was, due to the fact that I was even self-concious that I'm a robot. 

 

What could kiss do to me anyway?

 

"Forget it then", I replied, crawling towards the   pillows, picking up my left out book and settling it on my lap. 

From the corner of my eye, I observed Master as he bit his lip.

 

That was strange. His heart rate was beating at a rather quicker pace than the norm. 

I pursed my lips. 

Just what was making him so nervous? 

Was the question that nerve wrecking? 

I honestly did not understand. 

I tore my gaze away from Master and focused on my book. 

Humans and their emotions. I could never understand them. 

 

"You should stop reading all those romance novels, Daehyun-ah", Master suddenly said. 

"Why?" I asked, tilting my head questioningly at Master. 

"You would get way too influenced by all those stories", he answered, turning to me. "You do know that those stories are just fictional plots, right?" 

I nodded. 

"Then why do you still indulge in reading them?"

My eyes wandered to the heavens, trying to produce an answer. 

"Because I want to know how love is like", was my answer.

 

Master fell silent, and my attention was back on reading the book, slowly immersing myself back to the plot. 

I really liked Will Grayson, Will Grayson. 

 

As I was about to turn to the next page, the book suddenly left my lap, being elevated away from me.

My sensors twitched in surprise and before I knew it, a pair of soft lips pressed against mine.

 

A huge jolt of electricity streaked through my veins at light's speed, before travelling to my brain, then giving my heart a good jolt. I could feel my heart rate amplifying by the millisecond, as more smaller jolts of electricity sparked through my vessel. It was such a huge reaction that I could feel my system beginning to rise rapidly in temperature.

What was this delicious intoxicating feeling that I was experiencing?

It was so overwhelming; something that I've never experienced before.

 

As his lips parted from mine, I stared at him, processing what had happened, my systems overheating. 

Whilst there was so much going on within my vessel, my external features stayed paralysed.

 

Master retreated away from me slowly, observing me cautiously, his cheeks burning red. 

I stared back at him in astoundment, my body still paralysed. 

My internal vessel was still burning up.

 

My head tilted downwards involunteerily, my eyelids getting heavy.

Before I could properly process what happened, darkness loomed over me as I felt my body go limp, the last words I remembered hearing was a muffled cry of my own name.

 

[All systems shut down.]

 

_________________________________________

[Youngjae]

He didn't know what the heck overcame him when he did that, leaning over subconciously and showing Daehyun how was like to kiss. 

 

Ugh. It was just that Daehyun looked so tempting to kiss, and Youngjae couldn't help it.

But before he knew it, Youngjae snatched the book off Daehyun's lap and leaned in to kiss him.

 

And now Daehyun was back in the lab, with tubes connected to him, accompanied by a worrying and panicking Yoo Youngjae. 

 

Junhong burst into the room upon being called by Youngjae, panic also written all over his face. 

"Is Daehyun alright?" Junhong asked nervously. 

"I-I don't know...", Youngjae glanced over to the rendering machine nervously once it had produced the results of the scan.

Youngae's eyes scanned past each word quickly at such a rapid pace, before dramatically gripping the edge of the desk, exhaling rather loudly.

Junhong brisk walked towards the machine to take a look at the produced results.

Upon reading the results, a sigh of relief echoed through the room.

 

"Overheating. That's what it was", Junhong repeated the report. "Nothing overly serious."

Youngjae bit his lip. It was just overheating. Judging from the report, the heat thankfully didn't damage any parts of Daehyun.

"What exactly happened though?" Junhong asked, leaning onto the side of the table. "I mean how did it happen?"

Youngjae shrugged. 

"I don't know. I was researching on my work when suddenly I smelt smoke", Youngjae lied. "When I turned to find the source of the burning, I realised that it was Daehyun and I panicked."

There was no way in hell Youngjae was going to admit that Daehyun had overheated because Youngjae kissed him.

Good god that would so freaking embarassing. 

 

Luckily it seemed that the younger bought his make-believe story and nodded in acknowledgement.

"Could it because of the chip?" Junhong asked.

Youngjae shrugged once more. "I'm not too sure myself. Daehyun hasn't been showing any abnormalities since that day."

"Until today, that is", Junhong corrected.

Youngjae wanted to argue back but he realised that that wouldn't work. 

"Maybe because I haven't been putting him into sleep mode. His systems could have ran overnight, causing the overheating", Youngjae fabricated once more.

Junhong nodded his head and broke into a smile.

"Well, at least we know that Daehyun is out of danger. You really should take good care of Daehyunnie!" 

Youngjae forced a smile, trying to supress the heat from rising to his cheeks.

Junhong decided to stay by his Professor's side, just in case anything happened. 

 

After a few more minutes of pointless chatting, Daehyun finally showed signs of life. Youngjae turned his head towards the vessel, and walked towards it.

Daehyun's eyes slowly fluttered open, the cyan blue circles whirling around his iris, indicating that he had indeed came back to life.

 

"Daehyun..?" 

Daehyun's eyes averted to the man that called out to him. 

A small smile formed on Daehyun's plump lips.

 

Youngjae's eyes lit up in both relief and delight, and he raised his hand to touch Daehyun's face. 

Instead of feeling the cold metal that had always resided beneath his skin, he felt a strange warmth that matched Youngjae's body heat. 

 

Youngjae unplugged the tubes that were stuck to Daehyun, and once the robot was freed, Youngjae threw his arms around Daehyun, embracing him in his arms.

"Thank god you're alright! I was so freaking worried about you!" exclaimed the Professor, as he tightened his embrace around Daehyun.

 

Daehyun on the other hand didn't have enough time to react for he was still processing  that his creator had his arms around him.

Before he could shift his arms to return Youngjae's embrace, Youngjae suddenly pulled back, his hands grabbing Daehyun's shoulders. "How are you feeling?" Youngjae asked.

Daehyun nodded before replying that he felt just fine.

 

"Aigo. Thankfully Daehyunnie's alright. I'll go make some earl grey tea to calm your nerves a little, hyung." Junhong spoke, smiling cheekily.

 

Just then, Youngjae walked up to his younger assistant and embraced him. 

Junhong had a expression of surprise painted over his face.

"Thank you for being here even though it's already so late, and also for being so damn sweet all the time", Youngjae said softly, loud enough for only his assistant to hear.

Junhong couldn't help but chuckle as his arms returned Youngjae's embrace, giving Youngjae soft pats on his back.

It was one of those rare moments where his Professor was being affectionate; not that he'd have anything to complain about.

He liked it when Youngjae wasn't so detached and quiet all the time. In fact, he preferred this side of him.

 

It was then Junhong felt something, or someone had a piercing gaze on him. 

From the corner of his eye, he stole a glance at Daehyun, who was staring back with a peculiar expression. 

 

 

It was already even later into the night by the time Daehyun reached his apartment, with Daehyun tailing behind him. 

They did not utter a word to each other since they exited the lab. 

When Youngjae finally spoke to Daehyun, he asked Daehyun to change up.

Since robots did not have sweat glands to produce sweat, Daehyun didn't really need to shower, so Youngjae left Daehyun in his bedroom and went to wash up in the toilet.

 

When Youngjae exited his bathroom after brushing his teeth and taking a half-body shower, he was greeted with a Daehyun who seemed to be alseep at side of Youngjae's bed.

Daehyun was facing the toilet, despite the fact that the bathroom lights were slightly glaring. But Daehyun seemed to be sound asleep despite that.

Youngjae made a quick mental note to remind himself to not make any noise as he gingerly took his steps towards his side of the bed. 

His eyes glanced at the clock.

 

Time check; It was already 2:06am.

 

The Professor crawled into bed, still being careful not to awaken the sleeping robot. 

He laid on his side, pulling the sheets over him in the process.

Before him, was Daehyun's back that was barely covered with the black wife beater. 

The muscles that strained against Daehyun's skin, the contours of each protruding muscle evident. 

Before Youngjae could snap out of getting mesmersied by such beauty, his fingers started to trail down each curve of Daehyun's back.

 

The robot that laid before Youngjae never had his eyes closed, and as Youngjae continued to trail his fingertips down the robot's back, electrical impulses trickled down Daehyun's spine.