Chapter 2

Error

The rendering took over night.

Youngjae decided to stay overnight in the lab rather than opting to go back to his apartment for the rational fear that something would go wrong if the rendering subject was not under a watchful eye. 

Youngjae had been in and out of his apartment for the final weeks of the project, usually staying overnight in the lab or office, burning midnight oil.

Youngjae was fatigued and depended on coffee on the days he decided that sleeping was to be prioritized second.

 

His head was on the lab bench, his eyes were shut and he was breathing with shallow breaths, lost in his sleep.

 

However, Youngjae suddenly jerked awake, his eyes flicking open and he remembered that he was in his lab.

Upon reconising where he was, he frantically jumped off his chair, put on his glasses and hurried to the subject, awaiting for the final few ticking minutes.

 

The rendering had finally reached 100% by then, strangely without any problems with the faulty chip thaat was inserted into the mechanical heart.

 

The atmosphere was burning with anticipation now, cold sweat trickling down Youngjaes pale temples. Nothing had seem to happen yet.

 

Youngjae held his breath, staring intently at the still-asleep Daehyun. He levelled his glasses up when the pair started to slide down his nose bridge.

It took a few seconds longer before Daehyun's eyelids fluttered open, his eyes glaring with blue circles whirling around his iris before disappearing.

"Daehyun...", Youngjae breathed, his hands cupping Daehyun's cheek, he felt the cold skin coursing through his palm, but he never let go.

 

Daehyun shifted his gaze to the man that stood  before him, analysing his features with much detail.

Daehyun did not speak a word though.

Youngjae smiled at Daehyun, before letting hispalm leave Daehyun's skin.

"Hello Daehyun." was what Youngjae managed to murmur after a long slience that settled between both Youngjae and Daehyun.

Daehyun stared intently at Youngjae before replying.

"Hello Master."

A smile pulled along the sides of Youngjae's lips when he heard it.

He had succeeded.

 

Suddenly, Youngjae's vision blurred, with darkness looming over his sight.

The last thing he heard was someone calling him "Master", before his body came contact with the floor.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N: And i apologise for the super short chapter update! Nonetheless, chapter 3 will be longer ^_^