Honeymoon

Forced into the Fateful Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

They were in the private jet owned by Kim HyunJoong, flying to their honeymoon destination, Hawaii. Given the circumstances the long flight could have proved intolerable, but in the event it was made relatively easy by HyunJoong's determinedly friendly and pleasant manner.

Young Saeng found HyunJoong was a stimulating and entertaining companion with an actual good sense of humour. Even more surprising was the discovery that they had a lot in common, enjoying the same kind of books and music, and sharing a love for live theatres.

They landed safely in Hawaii. It was a bright sunny day with a soothing breeze making white horses on the blue waters of the sea. All the formalities completed, they took a cab and headed north into the city. The journey was mostly silent, except for HyunJoong pointing out landmarks and places of special note.

The cab brought them to a luxury resort. HyunJoong paid off the driver and while a couple of resort-staffs hurried to deal with their luggage, HyunJoong ushered Young Saeng into the ultra modern lobby, striking and spectacular with a indoor waterfall and hanging gardens. The manager hurried out to greet them.

They took the elevator to the third floor and were shown around their elegantly furnished suite, which comprised two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a large sitting room with one wall almost entirely made of tinted glass.

Young Saeng, standing by the window, had to resist the temptation to pinch himself. He felt oddly disoriented, as if he had been whisked up and deposited here by magic. So much had happened so quickly that events had almost outstripped his capacity to take in and register them.

In just two weeks, HyunJoong had taken over his life. From being strangers they were now legally married. On honeymoon!

For a moment Young Saeng unnervingly recalled how close he'd been to complete surrender the previous night. In his mind he both hated and feared HyunJoong, yet he couldn't help but respond to his powerful appeal. Saeng shivered.

Young Saeng knew getting through the upcoming days, not to mention the nights, would prove to be as hazardous as walking through a battlefield. All he needed to do was stay cool. That was what Saeng was reminding himself.

But how long? How long can Saeng hold his stand when HyunJoong chose to turn on what amounted to a ual blowlamp?

After the manager and his entourage had departed, HyunJoong strolled across to join Saeng at the wide expanse of the glass. "Tired?" he asked, studying the delicate purity of Young Saeng's profile.

"A bit," Young Saeng admitted coolly.

"Hmm...that's not surprising. But I've found the best way to adjust the time difference is to keep awake." HyunJoong added, "so, when you've freshen up enough, I thought we may go out for a while, take a stroll on the beach."

Young Saeng nodded in agreement and went to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. After unpacking and having a refreshing shower, Saeng put on a cream-coloured button down shirt and a pair of light blue denims. He came out of room and found HyunJoong waiting for him in the living room.

HyunJoong had changed from the well-cut suit he'd travelled in, and was casually dressed in pale trousers and brown polo-necked t-shirt. His brown hair with golden blonde highlights still damp from shower, added to his style quotient and made him look dangerously attractive.

"Ready?"

"Yes." Young Saeng sounded a bit nervous.

HyunJoong's slight but knowing smile made it clear he'd correctly interpreted the cause of Saeng's disturbance. Deliberately, it seemed he stood so close in the lift, that Young Saeng could take in the fresh smell of his aftershave, feel the warmth of his body. Saeng somehow resisted an intense urge to move further away, knowing only too well what HyunJoong would make of such a reaction. But Saeng couldn't stop his heartbeat becoming faster. 

It was only too easy to see how Mi Young had become infatuated with him, Saeng thought bitterly. But how could he feel so strongly about a man he hated?

If only there were some way of cutting off that overpowerng magnetism, exorcising the unwanted attraction. It put him in such danger...

In spite all the anxiety, entranced by the blue water, its beautiful buildings and vibrant atmosphere, Young Saeng fell in love with Hawaii that very first afternoon.

Over the next few days, rather to Young Saeng's surprise, HyunJoong made no further attempt to turn on the heat, and though always keenly aware of his presence, Young Saeng started to feel less tense and almost at ease. Only if HyunJoong slid a casu

Please log in to read the full chapter