Confrontation and Confession

Forced into the Fateful Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Mansion was dark. Lifeless...that was the feeling one would get as they observe the big mansion. The mansion stood in absolute silence in the cold, chilly winter night of Seoul. The night was chilly. It was about to snow almost. The wind was so cold that it felt like icicles cutting the skin. Winter garments were not enough to block the chill tonight. 

HyunJoong felt the cold waves were producing involuntary shivers throughout his well-built body. He brought his steps towards the main door. He stood on the porch hesitating a bit. He was in a dilemma, not knowing whether Young Saeng was still there or he had left the house already. Part of his mind was excited to find out if Young Saeng had stayed or left and the other part was tensed to find out the result.

HyunJoong, before leaving, had instructed Young Saeng to return to his old apartment and restart his old life. He had prepared everything, even the divorce papers, though he was debating at each point. But he wanted to see Young Saeng happy and if Saeng was happy without staying in his vicinity, then HyunJoong was ready to grant him that too. That was the reason why he was giving Saeng a way out of this forceful marriage which he had imposed just to make the beautiful man his own.

His lawyer, Choi Seunghyun had already told him a day before, that he had instructed one of his assistants to hand over the divorce papers to Saeng. Though arranged by him, still it stung a little when he got the news that the papers had been delivered to Young Saeng. It felt like the arrow had been released from the bow and there was no way he can backout of this decision.

One can call him a coward as he didn't even stay to go through Saeng's confrontation. HyunJoong knew he wouldn't be able to go through the pain if Young Saeng stomped on his heart and left the mansion in his very presence. So, he wanted Saeng to leave before he came back. But somewhere in his mind, he couldn't help but hope to see Saeng waiting for him.

Uncertainty, expectation, suspense...in a short while, HyunJoong's mind was completely filled up with all these emotions because he was eager to see what was waiting for him in that dark, majestic mansion.

HyunJoong slowly unlocked the door. The living room was dark. All lights were switched off. HyunJoong lighted the room up by putting on the switch. The kitchen too was dark. HyunJoong's mind fell a bit because his head was filled with heartbreaking negative thoughts of Young Saeng already leaving. He couldn't blame if Saeng had left.

What did he even expect? He was the one who had asked Saeng to go. He even arranged for their divorce. After so much he had no right to desire Young Saeng's proximity because through his actions he had already made it quite clear that he didn't want Young Saeng anymore. Only that was the biggest lie, the one stupendous bluff that HyunJoong would regret his entire life.

HyunJoong contemplated for a moment and then slowly walked up the stairs to his bedroom. On the way to his room, he passed the room which once was occupied by Young Saeng. HyunJoong didn't know what possessed him that he opened that door. By then he knew that he would see an empty room and would face immense pain imagining all the moments spent by Saeng in here. But what greeted him was utterly shocking.

HyunJoong opened the door slightly and stepped inside. The room was not absolutely dark. From the window panes moon light was sweeping the room in its pale, mysterious glow. In that luminous reflection, HyunJoong noticed a figure lying on the floor along with some papers. He crossed the floor in two long strides and sat beside the figure. Slowly, HyunJoong turned the man and saw it was none other than his beautiful husband, Young Saeng.

HyunJoong's heart stopped, his breathing hitched as he observed Young Saeng's pitiful condition. Quickly he carried Saeng bridal style to the queen sized bed and placed him gently there and covered him with a thick blanket. Young Saeng's feet and palm were cold. HyunJoong checked his temperature and found that it was slightly higher than normal. He brought a bowl of cold water and soaked a piece of towel and put it on Saeng's head. Then he called his family doctor. But to his utter dismay, the doctor was out of station and could not attend. But he left instructions as what HyunJoong should do take care of the patient.

When he made sure Young Saeng had proper care, HyunJoong's eyes fell on the papers on the floor. He checked those and found that it was the divorce paper. His mind was saying Saeng was shocked to receive those and fainted. But there weren't any ways to make sure.

HyunJoong sat beside Young Saeng on the bed changing the towel and taking note of his temperature. He didn't even change out of the clothes he travelled in. Young Saeng was his priority now. He was still unaware of all that Young Saeng had to undergo in his absence. Saeng looked very exhausted. HyunJoong noticed there were traces of dark circles beneath Saeng's eyes. HyunJoong, himself, was not in any better shape but still at least he was conscious. 

It seemed to HyunJoong that Saeng had lost weight. Was he skipping meals? But why? HyunJoong's mind got once again flooded by all these questions and doubts. HyunJoong lightly placed his hand on Saeng's delicate cheeks and caressed him lovingly, tracing each line on the sleeping man's face in an attempt to memorise every bit of that face which would always haunt him. This was the face of the most beautiful man in his life, the man who he loved. A flawless face but looks saddedned. 

HyunJoong did not even realise when tears began flowing out his eyes. He bent closer to Young Saeng's sleeping form and gently placed his lips on Saeng's forehead in a loving gesture. HyunJoong slowly retreated and two pearl drops fell on Young Saeng's eyes.

Young Saeng's eyes twitched and slowly he opened his eyes. It took a bit to adjust hs eyes in the lighted room. Young Saeng blinked his eyes adjusting his vision and then he realised he was not alone in the room. Slowly his eyes drifted to the familiar figure sitting on the edge of the bed and staring back at him sheepishly.

It was none other than the man he had waited for what it felt like an eternity. He failed to produce any sound when his eyes landed on his husband, Kim HyunJoong. He could tell the man was exhausted and was as much in a confusing state as he was at the moment.

Very slowly, as if he didn't want Young Saeng to be scared of his advances, HyunJoong crept closer to Saeng and placed his hand on Saeng's forehead after removing the wet towel. Saeng sighed and closed his eyes as if he was treasuring the moment. HyunJoong somehow felt Saeng's reaction encouraging and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. While HyunJoong was straightening his posture, Saeng encl

Please log in to read the full chapter