Fateful Proposal II : Engagement

Forced into the Fateful Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

A slight sound disturbed Young Saeng. He had fallen asleep. He opened his eyes to find in the darkness a tall figure looking down at him. HyunJoong was standing absolutely still, as though transfixed. In the darkness, or better to say semi-darkness because a faint glow of moonlight was entering the kitchen which made the atmosphere kind of eerie, HyunJoong looked like a man who, on the steps of the guillotine, had miraculously been reprieved.

Coming home to a dark and apparently empty house has shaken him badly, made him think Young Saeng had refused his offer, until he walked into the kitchen and discovered him there.

A shiver ran through Young Saeng. Having him here is not just a passionate whim of HyunJoong. It mattered to him. That knowledge might give him a weapon in futute as a means of revenge. But until he had a chance to think how best to use this accidental discovery of how strong HyunJoong's feelings were for him, Saeng ought to act oblivion.

" Is it some kind of an act? Did you plan this malice?" HyunJoong sounded a bit rough.

"Did what?" Young Saeng asked in a calm voice.

" You know perfectly well what I mean."

After a moment Young Saeng admitted, " yes I know...and no, I didn't."

"Then why are you sitting quietly in the dark?"

"The bulb blew out when I switched it on and I didn't know what to do or whom to call, so I came here sat watching the moonlight glazed outdoor, and during that I must have fallen asleep."

HyunJoong switched on the nearest lamp, as Saeng struggled to stand on his feet. " Dinner's ready. If you say I'll serve it."

Discarding his jacket, HyunJoong said curtly, " I don't expect you to do the housekeeper's job."

"I wasn't planning to," Saeng replied.

They sat together and ate quietly. Suddenly HyunJoong said, "I'm sorry. I'm not usually bad-tempered." And Young Saeng for the first time believed HyunJoong's words. Hard, cold, tyrranical, ruthless...Saeng could apply many adjectives to him, but ill-tempered was not one of them.

When Young Saeng did not say anything, HyunJoong admitted wryly, " I least expected you to believe me."

"But I do. You don't look like an ill-tempered man, rather you seem very composed."

HyunJoong's mouth twisted in a one-sided smile. " Do you know that's the first time you ever said anything nice to me?"

Young Saeng gave a small smile which didn't reach his eyes and said, "It may well be the last."

"Hmmm...that's not good. I was hoping we could live together in harmony."

Young Saeng stayed quiet. Given the circumstances he knew it was unlikely for HyunJoong's wish to come true. The meal was over. HyunJoong waited courteously until Young Saeng rose, then followed him to the drawing room. Before Young Saeng knew what was HyunJoong about to do, he had lifted Saeng's left hand and slipped a magnificient diamond solitaire on his ring finger. No doubt, it was an excellent fit.

Young Saeng tried to take it off but HyunJoong stopped him. "You might as well keep it on."

Trying to pull it off, Saeng cried, "No, I don't want to wear it."

Softly, but firmly HyunJoong's voice cut in, "you will wear it to please me and to make this engagement a valid one."

Taking Young Saeng's face between his palms, he studied the helpless rage in Saeng's eyes with an amusing expression on face. "A kiss to seal our bargain?" The dark, seductive voice was slightly mocking.

When HyunJoong's mouth covered Young Saeng's it was anything but gentle. HyunJoong's kiss, made of fire and honey, of passion and a deep, hidden excitement, left Young Saeng completely shaken. Opening dazed eyes, Young Saeng stared up at HyunJoong. Everything about him was hard and handsome. It was a face of a hunter, watchful and predatory. 

"I hate you!" Young Saeng mumbled.

"Because I kissed you?"

"I never wanted you to."

"Didn't you?" HyunJoong sounded taunting. "Are you sure about it?"

Young Saeng knew that he had to be sure. It would be nothing short of a tragedy to want this man. Yet his magnetism was so powerful that it drew Saeng in spite of all his hatred for the aforesaid man.

Young Saeng was pulled out of his thought when he felt HyunJoong's lips on his once more. HyunJoong kissed him with a wild sensuality, making the blood race frantically through his veins. He could feel himself getting hot from the sensual of air from his lungs.

HyunJoong's tongue across the softness of Young Saeng's inner lip, bringing an anguished protest. "Don't". Young Saeng was desparate to move away but his limbs were not cooperating at all. They turned into jelly. HyunJoong stared down at him with gleaming eyes, his breathing quick and erratic, making Saeng breathless too.

"Leave me alone," Saeng managed to say somehow but he knew it sounded more like an encouragement rather than a protest. "I don't want you to touch me. I don't want you anywhere near me."

After a moment HyunJoong let out a sigh and freed Young Saeng from his grip. "Then this might be a good time to visit Heechul and Siwon."

Feeling absolutely shattered and drained, Young Saeng was in no mood for visiting or socialising, but anything was a better option than staying here alone with HyunJoong. So, he agreed to HyunJoong and followed him out.

When they reached the 'Choi Mansion', Heechul himself answered the door, and exclaimed, " What a pleasant surprise! Its nice to see both of you. Come on in."

As they followed Heechul into a pleasant living room, a man with smooth black hair looked up, and seeing a new guy with HyunJoong rose courteously to his feet.

He is tall and well built, a strikingly good-looking man, with fine, almost delicate features, deep brown eyes and bushy eyebrows. There was a hint of self-indulgence in that handsome face which was adding to his attraction. He obviously had a face on which girls and boys equally will fall for.

"Young Saeng, meet my husband, Choi Siwon," Heechul declaired proudly.

" Hello! How do you do?" Young Saeng gave a polite

Please log in to read the full chapter