Fateful Meeting

Forced into the Fateful Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Anyone can say if noticed from a close distance that Young Saeng looked essentially bored, sitting a bit awkwardly with a glass of champagne in the midst of people who were mostly strangers in a party where apparently he knew no one. Well except for his charming friend Park Jungmin with whom he is sitting at the moment trying in vain for Jungmin's sake to look as cheerful as possible. But Young Saeng is aware that he is not doing a good job at that.

"I hope you are not getting bored? Or, are you?" Jungmin, sounding concerned, broke the silence that was lingering at their table for quite a while now. Young Saeng forced a smile, "no no, I'm loving it. The ambience is quite something. Also, I'm glad that you brought me with you. I really didn't have anything to do at home. Hyungjun is out with his friends and Mom is not much of a company, as you know." 

Hearing Young Saeng's reply Jungmin realxed a little. Then Young Saeng took to thinking again. Jungmin is easy to fool. He bestows his trust in people easily and that's what Young Saeng finds adorable in this younger boy. He is also aware that Jungmin has a crush on him but he only considers him as a good friend. A very reliable and good friend. That's why when yesterday Jungmin asked him to accompany him in this office party of his, Young Saeng couldn't say no. And now he is suffering the consequence of getting bored because frankly Young Saeng is feeling like a fish out of water in here.

"You seem a little quieter than usual, so I was thinking may be you are getting bored," Jungmin pursued.

"Oh, am I? Sorry! I guess I didn't realise. I was just observing the party." Young Saeng made a hasty reply.

Giving up at the attempt at conversation, Jungmin asked, "Would you like to dance?"

Young Saeng noddded showing a little enthusiasm because he really did not want to ruin Jungmin's charming mood. Though, dancing is  a field where Young Saeng avoided stepping into but he did not want to be any more of a mood-spoiler than he already is. So he took up his place on the dance floor and tried get over with it as gracefully as he could retain his so-called-grace while dancing.

While dancing they engaged into small talks. He asked Jungmin his opinion about Kim Corporations takeover of the company and how that will affect people's job. Young Saeng wanted to know this because he wanted to measure Hyungjun, his brother's chance to retain the internship at this company. Jungmin could only give an assessment of the common trends in market and repeat the obvious truth that ultimately retaining job depended much on a person's own ability to deliver. 

After saying all this, Jungmin turned to self-boasting for a moment, "you know I'm not exactly suited for this job but right now there is nothing better at my hands so I'm sticking to it." Young Saeng gave a light smile. He liked how Jungmin loved to pamper himself to boost up his confidence. Young Saeng loves this quality in Jungmin. Always full of energy and beaming with confidence even at the lowest point of life. It somehow is quite inspiring.

The music ended and Young Saeng sighed secretly. They started walking to their table when someone with a crisp husky seductive voice spoke from their back, "Park Jungmin is it? Won't you introduce me to your guest?"

Much delighted and somewhat flattered Jungmin to be noticed by the CEO of the Kim Corporations, Kim HyunJoong, beamed and said, "Young Saeng, this is Mr. Kim, CEO of Kim Corporations...and this is my friend Heo Young Saeng."

Young Saeng seemed frozen and did not notice the dynamic man's extended hand in order to complete the formality. He is still strikingly handsome with that tall, lean, well-toned body. There is no mistaking that well shaped head of brown hair with blonde highligts, no mistaking that soft yet ruthless eyes and that arrogant face. Unforgettable!

Seeing Saeng's frozen state, HyunJoong made the move and took his hand in soft yet firm grip. "Kim HyunJoong," he said. Young Saeng felt helpless and just gave a curt nod in response. Hyun Joong gave a smile that is capable bringing guys and girls on their knees. Young Saeng knew the man behind that smile and he absolutely loathed him. He can never forget the face of the man who brought great misery on his family.

Feeling the tension Jungmin interrupted saying, "Mr. Kim, know that Young Saeng's brother is an intern in the company under my supervision. He is a talented young man." HyunJoong nodded only, not showing much interest while his gaze was fixed on Young Saeng. HyunJoong still was holding Young Saeng's hand. Then he asked with all the politeness, "May I have this dance with you Young Saeng?" Young Saeng felt a strange sensation in the pit of his stomach under that intense gaze of the handsome man. His immediate thought was to decline the offer but thinking of Jungmin and also Hyungjun he accepted.

Suffocated by the hatred that filled his heart, but equally feeling an immense attraction to the fine human species before him, he moved into HyunJoong's waiting arms. B with tension, Young Saeng put his every bit of concentration on keeping his body away from any contact with HyunJoong's. HyunJoong held him close but spared him in keeping the space between them. They started dancing. Though Young Saeng was just following the moves made by HyunJoong.

Young Saeng could swear the tension was so thick between them that it could be sliced by a knife. Perhaps intending to break this impending awkward silence HyunJoong spoke, "Are you this quiet usually or is that due to the unfamiliarity of this atmosphere and the people surrounding you?"

"Both, I guess." Replied Young Saeng.

"Is the party not to your liking?"

"No its fine. I'm fine. Yeah...a bit awkward, I won't deny beacause I don't know much of the guests here. But I'm coping fine."

"But you've disliked every minute of this party, I bet."

"What makes you say tha

Please log in to read the full chapter