Episode 6: In Coming

Love Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were busy doing your homework inside your room when you heard a knock on your window. Without a doubt, it’s Kevin begging you to let him in before he could fall, “Why the hell are you so slow? I was about to lose my balance,” he came angrily and lay on your bed as if he owns it.

 

“That’s because I’m doing our homework. And go sat on the floor before you infect my bed,” you shooed him away by hitting him with your pillows. Kevin frowned, “I felt abused you know,”

 

Knowing his whereabouts, you stared at him, and crossed your arms “What do you need?” He quickly scratched his head and smiled sheepishly, “Well, you know that girl that you were talking to earlier but didn’t get introduced to me?”

 

There was a throb on your heart. You know where it is going but you don’t want to admit it to yourself and just pretend that you didn’t know, “So?”

 

Kevin held your right hand and kneeled pleadingly, “Can you please introduce me to her?”

 

A sudden pain caused your heart to be crushed into pieces. You should get used to it already but this one is different. Haneul is your first friend and you treasure her but Kevin likes her. It’s a lot painful than seeing him dating other girls. You pulled your hand from his and swallowed your saliva to ease yourself, “What? I thought you’re starting anew?”

 

He looked at you with dreamy eyes, “But this is different… she is different. It’s like I was pulled like a magnet when she ignored me. You know guys like the chase, right? And I feel like we’ll get along well,”

 

If it’s just searching for someone to get along with, you suddenly wished it was you but years have passed and you grew up together with him. He might not think of you more than just a friend but only like a family. You want to give in to his request but then, you don’t want Haneul to get dumped by him like the other girls. “No, I can’t. She’s my only girl friend and I don’t want her to get hurt,”

 

Kevin looked down solemnly, “Fine. You don’t believe me anyway,” he stormed outside your room through your window as he usually does.

 

Guilt was swarming in your mind. You want to prevent Haneul from getting hurt but in the end, you hurt Kevin’s feelings. Through out the night it kept bothering you and hindered you to sleep.

 

 

Morning came and it’s almost time for school but Kevin is still nowhere to be found. He might still be mad at you so you decided to not wait for him anymore.

 

It’s lunchtime and you made up your mind to introduce Haneul to him. You don’t want him to avoid you like that for so long because it’s a lot painful.

 

“What happened? I didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter