Body Heat

The Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                        

-Dara-

I can’t believe I’m starting to get a better view towards my dream of becoming a fashion designer. And to think how I struggled just to defend it  from my dad who was strongly against it because he wanted me to pursue something else. If not for my brother before, I should have stopped sketching and gave it up. But now, destiny itself is clearing a path for me to walk through my goal; to be a part of Gabrielle. A luxurious clothing line owned by a renowned fashion designer and a prominent name in the industry Perry Wernimont who was dreamed by so many aspiring designers like me to work with.  

I am currently preparing myself to meet the old man tonight as instructed through his secretary. A proud smile formed on my lips as I scan through the pages of my sketchbook. My creation designs that give me a sense of gratification every time I wavered from believing that this day would actually be possible. I hope Mr. Wernimont could look beyond what I wanted to achieve through these pages and would consider my designs to be shown in his upcoming haute couture. *giddy* that would be the happiest day of my life. My very own designed clothes in a run way! KYAH!

I dived back in my bed while hugging my sketchbook on my chest. I am still high of excitement right now when Gabrielle called me up yesterday. I thought my day would end totally yesterday after Jiyong’s sudden outburst. Speaking of that dragon, I can never forgive how he became so despicable yesterday. How dare he say those words to me in front of everybody?! What? Did he seriously think that I enjoyed myself being trapped with that creepy guy in the ladies room?!

I had already long accepted that Jiyong is complacent at a time but would subsequently become eccentric towards other people. I tell you, he is as unpredictable as the weather! Grrrr…. And to think, I still don’t know why he became so mad about it when in fact it’s not my fault that I was locked up by Kim Woo Bin who still creeps me out by his intent stares like he could see through my internal organs. *quivers*

“Calling-Dara-Dara-I-Command-You-To-Go-Back-To-Planet-Earth.” Bom pulled me out in trance when she mimics how alien talks.

“You know what? You should speak your language more often because it will make you sound more normal.” I jokingly said that made her rolled her eyes.

“You’re spacing out again. Is it Jiyong?”

“Nooooooo.” I vehemently denied.

“Then it must be Kim Woo Bin!!!” She giddily exclaimed.

I just gave Bom a bored look to let her know that I do not want to talk about it.

“KYAH! You are such a foxy young lady. How did you end up in the ladies’ room with him?”

“I already explained that he unintentionally barged in to hide from his fan girls and I don’t know why it became an issue when seriously nothing more happened!!!”

“You don’t know why it’s a big deal to be in a small room with him and breathing the same air he breathes and would be able to see even his pores, if there’s any, because he is that close in proximity to you?!”

“Bom..”

“You don’t know?!!!” Bom incredulously asked with eyes wide open.

“No, should I?” I flatly said.

“Ahm YEAH???!!!”

“And why is that? Please enlighten me.”

“Becausssee he is one of the most sought after leading man in Korea that could melt down your hymen with just his constant stare! Do you get me?! He is that hot!”

“Oh please….”

“Of course, what would I expect from you? You only have eyes for GD.” Bom cockily said while I can only sigh in resignation. “See, you’re not even against the idea anymore. You had finally fallen, deeply!”

“Bom, for once in your life, could you please be not that overly conclusive. Yes, I like him but what if it is only because I’m always with him and what I’m feeling right now is not as serious as falling in love.” I pouted while confusingly thinking about the possibilities.

“Dara, don’t be too hard on yourself. Wait for it; I know something will happen that will sweep you off of your feet. “Bom smiled and winked at me. Well, I know I’m starting to consider the idea that liking him is not that bad but I guess what’s really holding me back from totally believing it is, aside from my real identity, does he feel the same? 

 

 

-TOP-

I nudged Daesung on my side when I noticed our leader seemed so spiritless today. His face is so blank that even if I throw a grenade in front of him, he wouldn’t budge.

“What’s up with him?” I whispered

“I know right.  He came late this morning to rehearse and didn’t say a single word since then.” I slightly nod at him, understanding the situation. It must have been what happened yesterday when he scolded Dara. Tsk, tsk, tsk, poor little thing. Admittedly, we were already used to Jiyong acting indifferently most of the time. It’s just the way he is and it’s a part of his character. But when he learned about what happened to his personal assistant and gone mad about it, I can’t help but think of something might have transpired between the two unknown to our perceptions. Plus, we had never seen him fuming with anger like that, at least to his personal assistant.

“You know what, I think Jiyong needs a little enlightenment, don’t you agree?” I said while eyeing Jiyong forward, who’ve been constantly massaging his forehead, obviously bothered.

“Do you have any bright idea, hyung?” Daesung asked.

“Not yet but I think I know who to call.”

“Who are you gonna call?” Daesung seriously asked.

“Ghost Buster!!!!”

“Yah!”

“Kidding! Just wait and see.” I answered while pondering when Seungri entered the practice room. We all casted our deathly glares to the maknae who was all smiles probably thinking that it can save his life when he came very late for our rehearsals.

“What? Hyungs, I was stuck in a traffic.” Seungri reasoned out defensively.

“And pigs can fly.” Youngbae interjected and handed a bottle of water to Jiyong who seemed exhausted and pale. We casted our look to him when he abruptly stood up from the floor and slowly walked towards the door. He spun around to face us after grabbing his bag.

“I’ll go ahead first, you can resume practicing the routine without me or you can cutoff the rehearsal up to this point.” Jiyong said.

“Are you okay, bro?” I asked because he seemed to be not feeling well, almost in a bad shape actually.

“Yeah, I’ll just rest this out for a while.” He nonchalantly said.

“Are you sick, babe?” Seungri jokingly approached him and touched Jiyong’s forehead to feel him which the latter immediately slapped away. “Hyung, you’re warm!” Seungri worriedly exclaimed.

“No I’m not! And why did you come just now, it’s already afternoon. You now have to rehearse for as long as you live.”

“What?! Hyunggggg. It’s not my fault that I was stuck on traffic!” Riri explained and turned to us for reinforcement but we just laughed out on his mishap. Everybody went silent when Jiyong slowly left the room.

“What’s wrong with him, did I miss out on something?” Seungri asked in bewilderment.

“I think he’s sick.” Youngbae said.

“Hyung we should seriously CALL for a help!” Daesung loudly suggested.

“Who are you gonna call???!” Seungri quizzically asked, obviously irritated that he became so dumbfounded to what is currently happening.

“Ghost buster!” Daesung snarled at him.

Hmmm…. Maybe someone can help us about the two. I thought.

 

 

-Dara-

OMG! Can somebody pinch me just to make sure I’m not daydreaming! I can’t believe I’m really here! I can only see this in my dreams but now I am actually inside Gabrielle’s office building while nervously waiting for Mr. Wernimont! *fans self* How to breath?!!!

I am now sitting restlessly in their receiving area in front of the reception counter. I already informed the secretary of my appointment and instructed me to wait for a while. GAH! I had never been this nervous in my entire damn life. I am fumbling my sketchbook on my lap from time to time trying to calm myself. I hope I won’t faint while I present my designs to Mr. Wernimont later because that would be an epic fail.

My thoughts came to a halt when my phone rang. It’s Taehyeon unnie calling. Huh? Why would mother hen call me?

“Unnie?” I said after tapping the answer button.

“Dara? Where are you right now?” She asked.

“Ahm, I am just outside, is there something wrong?” Gosh, no one should know, except for Bom, that I’m applying for Garbrielle most specially the mother hen!

“I know it’s your rest day today but could you please give Jiyong a call, TOP said he left from their rehearsals this morning. I was just concerned because they said he’s not feeling well.” What the-?!

“Ahm, unnie, I’m kind of in the middle of something-“I said in an almost pleading tone.

“I know, I’m sorry Dara, but please could you check on him first, he’s not answering any of our calls.” I soften a bit when I heard unnie’s concerned remarked.

“O-okay unnie, I’ll see what I can do.” Why do I feel like I will regret this later?

“Thank you Dara. I know you’re the only one I can count on situations like this.” I heard her say and ended the call.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KWON JIYONG, I AM SO GONNA FREAKING KILL YOU!!!

 OF ALL THE DAYS YOU HAVE TO BE A JERK, WHY NOW??!!! WHY?!!!!

Aissshhh seriously?!!! He’s not feeling well? Are you kidding me? The last time I check I am just a personal assistant, NOT A DOCTOR! For all I know, he’s just hiding somewhere else and annoying all the people surrounding him. GAH! I shall kill him later!

I was so busy murdering Jiyong in my mind that I didn’t notice the secretary approaching me.

“Excuse me Miss Park, I would like to inform you that Mr. Wernimont will see you in a minute.”

“Hehe, oh okay, thank you.” GAHHHH.. I was literally rapping all kinds of curses in my mind while dialing Jiyong’s number.

*ring-ring-ring-ringgGGG* OHMYGOSSH! Seriously?!!! MUST.CALM.DOWN.

I dialed his number again while timidly smiling at the secretary that may have noticed I’m ill at ease.

Still no respond. !@#$%^&*%

“Miss Park, he will see you now.” GASP! Ottokae?!

“Hehe, o-okay. Ahm excuse me miss, can I just make another quick phone call. Promise this won’t take long.” Without waiting for the secretary’s reply, I frantically dialed Seungri’s number.

“Noona?”

“Oh my gosh Riri, WHERE THE HELL IS JIYONG?!!!” My voice rose a bit because I’m starting to have a panic attack.

“I think he already went home because he is not feeling well earlier.”

“What? Why?!”

“I really don’t know noona and we also tried to contact him but he wouldn’t answer any of our calls.”

I went silent for a while. What happened to him? Is he okay? 

“Excuse me Miss Park, Mr. Wernimont is already waiting for you in his office.” The secretary said while I could only stare at her blankly. I couldn’t think straight.

 

Jiyong.

 

 

 

-TOP-

I couldn’t exactly remember why my stupid feet brought me here when my stupid mind came out with this stupid plan. You will not believe where I am standing annoyingly right now while someone is currently pinching and stretching my face making sure I am not part of her hallucination.

“YAH! WILL YOU STOP IT, YOU’RE GONNA RUIN MY FACE!” I snarled at Bom who gasped in surprise when she finally realized that I am not an apparition but a real talking human being in front of her door step.

“What are you doing here?” She asked while acting consciously. Jeez. Girls.

“Nothing much, I just wanted to, you know, talk about something.” I answered and walked slowly inside her apartment.

“Please sit down for a minute, wait I’ll just fix us something to drink. What do you want? Juice? Iced Tea? Or me?” She said while cocking her eyebrows and I could only gawk at her disgustingly. GAHD, I’m starting to regret why I came here.

“Do I look amused?” I warned her.

“Chill man, why so grumpy.” She cheekily said and headed to the kitchen preparing us a drink. “Why are you here again? What’s that “something” we have to talk about that you really paid a visit? Wait-! This is not about our wedding, Tabiiii, I’m not, you know, ready.” Bom jokingly said while placing a glass of juice on the center table in front of TOP.

“What wedding?!! A funeral will happen if you don’t stop your crazy ideas.” TOP exclaimed in irritation.

“It’s a joke. Don’t you know how to tell a joke? So? What brought you here?” Bom laughingly uttered and sat in front of TOP while crossing her legs and her arms crossed over her chest.

“It’s about Jiyong and Dara.”

“What about them?”

“Don’t tell me you don’t notice something about them?”

“No. What is it?” Bom conspicuously denied while blinking her eyes innocently, pretending to not know a single thing about Dara having feelings for GD.

“You know what? You are such a smooth liar.”

“Okay fine. I’ll admit since you seem to be on our side.”

“Now we’re talking. Please go on, I’m listening.”

“Well you see, Dara has feelings for GD but PLEASE don’t divulge any of this to anyone or Dara will kill me while I sleep or poison me while I eat. Arraseo?!!!” HAH! Much better idea than her dying in my own hands. *evil laugh*

“Tabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I’m serious!” Okay she’s serious. I nodded in response.

“She’s not supposed to like him but what can she do, women like us with a weak heart could get easily attracted to hotties.” Oh please, I’m seriously hearing this?

“You know what, I don’t get you girls. You tend to conceal what you truly feel because you’re stuck up with a belief that guys should say it first.”

“Becaussseee we are girls and guys should of course initiate disclosing those things. You should not expect that us girls will blurt out that we like you guys, what if you know, you don’t feel the same? It will be more shameful in our part, don’t you think so?!” She exasperatedly explained.

“Come on, do you think we don’t believe the same view?”

“Well yeah but after a rejection us girls will cry and feel miserable for a moment while you guys could easily forget about it and gone out partying again with other girls before we could even blink our eyes.”

“Yah! Not fair!” I blurted out.

“Okay, I know I’m exaggerating but do you see my point somehow?”

“Still no!” Argghh…she has a twisted logic.

“Fine, what should I expect from a guy who have no ideas in dating and relationship.” What the ?! What does she mean by that?!

“Do you mind explaining on why you say so?” 

“You heard me…” Bom teasingly said at TOP’s annoyed face.

“ME? No experience?! You have got to be kidding me?!” I couldn’t believe my ego got stomped by a bizarre woman who’s unfortunately my personal assistant by the way! *slow clapping for myself who have done a good job in restraining from not killing her!*

I abruptly stood up from the couch and glared at the woman in front of me who pretty much enjoyed pestering me. How dare her?! ME? No idea on dating?! What an insult! HAH!

“Stand up!” I commanded startling her.

“Wait! What?” Bom asked

“Let’s go!”

“Where?!”

“I will show you my own idea of dating, you arrogant witch!”

 

-Dara-

It was already dark when I reached Jiyong’s house. I immediately entered the security key code on his door and didn’t bother to knock because I had already gone crazy by ditching my most awaited meeting in Gabrielle just to check Jiyong. I know right?! Please, don’t ask why. Silence welcomed me when I entered his house. I should throw any available piece of furniture in his house straight to his face because I wasn’t able to see Perry Wernimont all because of the dragon but I don’t know why I felt much more something earlier than getting angry. I got worried of him. Arggh! This is so pathetic! With that in mind, I dashed towards the staircase and ascended to his room.

“Jiyong?” I called out after a few knock on his door. I really have no idea how to approach him because we are still not in good terms after our heated argument yesterday.

“Ji? Are you there?” I opened the door and I saw him lying on the bed like a curve ball. I walked towards the side of his bed where he is facing. I quizzically look at him when he seemed a bit shaking while sleeping. I slowly sat down on his bed beside him. He didn’t even budge on the movements I made. What’s up with this guy?

“Jiyong?” I held his arm and I noticed he is hot. I immediately placed my palm on his forehead to check his temperature. Oh my God, he has a fever!!!

“Jiyong?! Ji, wake up.” I slightly shook his arm but he just groaned and buried his face in the pillow seemingly cold. I quickly covered him with blanket. Oh gosh what to do?! Okay, relax, he only have fever. He won’t die, would he?! GAH!

I dashed towards the bathroom and searched for some medicine in the cabinet. When I finally found one,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter