Lost In His Eyes

The Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Jiyong-

Jiyong noticed the unusual quietness of the tiny girl sitting in his passenger seat. He stole a glance at her. She was still fumbling the ring on her finger with a confused expression. I can never understand women. It’s seems like everything exist in the world should be thoroughly explained because if not, their mind tend to imagine a million things of why it happened. Like for example the ring. It was never a big deal for me Dara having that ring. My sister gave it to me for an unknown reason which I didn’t dare to ask because I might faint from disgust with her girly beliefs. She only said that the ring attracts good fortune and love *please excuse me while I puke* Not to mention, I guess her reason for existence lately is her constantly bugging me about getting married. Jeez. Women!

I only wore that after my sister went mellow dramatic when I refused to wear it. She said she even went to a God-knows-where hidden small town in Paris where she bought that, so I just wore it before I perish from her constant yammering. I thought it’s the end of it but hell no! She said she forgot that the ring has a pair! What a lame excuse right?! So basically it’s a ing couple rings! I was about to throw the ring I’m wearing elsewhere when she threatened me again with her dramas and all. So I just decided to keep the other ring which Dara found and wore right now. *cough* which again not a big deal for me. *cough* because I’m a guy and I’m cool. *cough*

I side-glanced at her again and a small smile crept through my lips when she pouted still seemingly bothered by the ring on her finger. Cute.

 

______________

-Dara-

Gosh…

We are wearing the same rings! That explains of why it really looked familiar.

Did he notice that it’s an identical ring with what his wearing? Of course he does! It’s his ring.

I know I shouldn’t make a big fuss about it because seriously, I just tried to wear it out of my random curiousness. But him letting me keep it after finding out that it’s coupled ring to what his wearing is currently planting weird thoughts in my brain. *sigggghhhhhhh

Jiyong is driving on our way to the tv station where Bigbang is scheduled to have an appearance as part of their album promotions. I side glanced at him but I immediately withdraw my gaze when he glanced back at me.

“What?” Jiyong asked.

“Huh?”

“I can tell you wanna ask something.”

“Did you buy this?” I asked him nonchalantly while lifting my finger with his ring on it.

“My sister gave that to me after buying it in Paris.” Jiyong answered.

“Wow, really! Then this must be really expensive.”

“Maybe, I didn’t ask her how much it cost.”

“Then I can’t keep this Jiyong, your sister gave this to you and besides this is just too much.”

“I’m sure my sister won’t mind and money had never been an issue to us Dara.”

Oh well, I forgot I am working with G-Dragon who could buy everything he wants with just one swipe from his black card.

“Well, yeah. But don’t you think it’s inappropriate if I’ll accept this?”

“Why?”

Is he seriously asking me this question? Because, I am still a girl who thinks of cheesy stuff regarding a guy giving a ring to a girl. Hel-lo?

“Nothing.” Was all I managed to say.

“Just keep it.” Jiyong softly said.

 

I will keep it for now but I’ll definitely take this off later and hide it from anyone else.

 

 

 

 

“KYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“OHMYGOSH BOM SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!” I grimaced while lightly hitting her arm. How to sew Bom’s mouth?!

“Dara, I can’t believe you have couple rings! Straddling him days ago did a lot of wonders eh?!”

Apparently, hiding the ring from anyone else, especially from Bom, FAILED!!! I tell you, Bom can sniff the slightest trace of uneasiness inside my system when she noticed that I was constantly keeping my hands on my pocket. So before she makes a scene, I just told her the whole story.

“First of all I did NOT straddle him and second of all this is totally NOT our couple rings, it was accidentally stuck on my finger.” I explained while Bom just looked at me teasingly.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. But Dara can’t you see, destiny is making a way for the two of you. Isn’t it exciting?!” She merrily whispered because we are already in the dressing room while waiting for Big Bang who had to do some last minute rehearsals before the broadcast starts.

“You are thinking way too much and Jiyong would never see me that way, okay.”

“See you as what?”

“Like you know, see me as a girl he will like.” I mumbled.

“Oh shut up. And what made you say that?”

“Seriously Bom? Becauussse he is not just an ordinary guy who can ordinarily walk down the street with me or who I can ride with any public transportation without him being mobbed by his fan girls. In short, we are totally opposite!” I exasperatedly exclaimed while elaborating a million things of why me and him is impossible, not to mention his icy, uncanny and impassive attitude.

“Opposite attracts!”

“Will you stop pairing me with him? Me and him. Not gonna happened. Ever!”

“Oohh, let’s see about that, I can already picture out the two of you as a couple while throwing cheesy lines with each other-“

“That will surely make me puke.” I interjected and stood up to prepare Jiyong’s needs from the bag while facing the still daydreaming Bom.

“And steaming skinship-“

“WHAT SKINSHIP-”

“And he will be your first kiss.. mwah!” Bom cheekily said after giving Dara a kiss on the cheek with a crispy smooch sound.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!” OMG! I don’t know why I turned red by the mere thought of us…kissing?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.. Park Bom! I will soon throw you in the mouth of an erupting volcano; you and your crazy imaginations are contaminating my pure thoughts!

“And I will be there dying from too much spazzing when he calls you….babe.”

“Call me what?!”

“Oh jeez Dara, you seriously need a boyfriend, you don’t even know endearments.”

“Are you kidding me? I told you already, you and your green thoughts can never happen.”

“Just admit it that you like him regardless of what he is and who you are.”

“Oh please, I don’t like him.” I said between gritted teeth.

“Says the one who made his picture as her phone wallpaper.” GASP. HOW ON EARTH DID SHE KNOW THAT?

“Because I’m a fan girl now could we please move on from this issue and live our lives.” I sarcastically said.

“You like him….”

“No I don’t.”

“I will tell Jiyong that your wall paper is his face.”

“Don’t you dare!” I immediately grabbed my phone from my pocket and was about to change my wallpaper when the wicked witch snatched it from me! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

“Bom, this is not funny, give it back!!!!” I demanded.

“Let’s show it to Jiyong first.”  She teasingly said while giggling at my annoyed face.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” I was in hysterics when she’s still holding my phone in captive while hiding it on her back. I was trying to grab it from her grasp but the witch cleverly dodged all my attempts. “BOM, I WILL DEFINITELY SHAVE YOUR HEAD IF YOU DON’T GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!!!”

“Ssshhhhhhh Dara, your BABE is coming!” Now she’s tricking me!!! Then a familiar voice called her name.

“Dara?”

“YES  BABE?!” Dara unknowingly shrieked!

 GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

 Please tell me I did not just call him-

“Babe?” Seungri said in bewilderment.

“HAHAHAHA….. What babe? I said………………. BABEEEEEEEEEEEEE…BY!!! YES BABY!!”

“Baby?!!!!” Daesung’s eyes unbelievably widened to what he just heard.

“Yes.. baby… FANTASTIC BABY!!! WOW FANTASTIC BABY WOOHOOO!!!” I nudged Bom so hard intending to shake her brain and come up with an excuse of why did I uttered that dreaded endearment to Jiyong!

“Me and Dara were just playing around to kill the boredom, you know, we’re singing WOW FANTASTIC BABY!!!” Bom explained.

“You’re out of tune.” TOP said while rolling his eyes.

“Oh really…BOM SHAKA-LAKA-BOOM SHAKA-LAKA” Bom imitated TOP’s deep voice that made him looked at her incredulously.

“YAH! Stop  it, you’re destroying the song!” TOP screeched in annoyance while Bom just laughed at him.

However Dara suddenly went silent in the corner and apparently getting uneasy to what she had unknowingly blurted out earlier when she called Jiyong……..babe!

 Oh gosh, I can’t look at him. I can feel his scrutinizing stares boring my body. This is so awkward. I decided to gather all the power that was left of me and looked at him momentarily. He is still freaking staring. WAH. Okay, act cool. I spun around and busied myself fixing the clothes he will wear on the show. Why am I acting this way?! Why does his every move affect me? Was Bom right when she said I *cough* like him. GAH!…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…

My heart pounded hard when I felt his presence behind me. I fixed my gaze at the clothes and pretended to fumble it.

“Are the clothes ready?” I heard him asked from behind.

“Yeah.” I answered nonchalantly and turned around to face him while holding the jacket that will top his shirt. I didn’t lift my gaze and just fixed my eyes forward on his chest.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, turn around and I’ll help you wear the jacket.” Jiyong complied but not before giving Dara a scrutinizing look. After Dara helped him wear the jacket, he turned around again to face her. Dara still didn’t lift her gaze on his face and just fixing the folds of the jacket instead to distract her from his intent stare.

“Okay, you’re all set.” I said. I stiffened when he suddenly lift my chin to face him.

“Okay, thanks…….babe.” He said in a hushed tone that only the two of them can hear with a hint of y drawl on his voice and smirked.

Jiyong slowly spun around and walked cooly towards the door while s followed him with questioning faces wondering why their leader looked very amused. However, Dara was left frozen on her spot. Dazed. Dumbfounded.

*blink-blink

.

*blink-blink

.

Did he just call me………..

 

“Dara? Are you okay? Here’s your phone.” Bom approached the still motionless Dara.

 

Did I hear him right?

 

“Dara, your phone.” Bom looked at her in puzzlement when she didn’t respond.

 

He can’t be serious when he called me………

 

*instant rewind* Jiyong:  “Okay, thanks…….babe.”

 

Babe?

 

BABE!

 

“Dara are you okay, wha-“

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Bom jerked back in surprise when Dara screamed.

“YAH! What’s wrong with you?!”

“Bom! It can’t be!”

“What?”

“Bom,….mumble..mumble….”

“You do know that I don’t understand you when you speak German and Russian combined!”

“I’m probably starting to……………. like him.” I hushed. I’M DOOMED!

“Then what’s the matter?”

“I don’t know.” I don’t want to think about it for now. Perhaps Bom is right. I’m just denying my true feelings for him because I’m scared to entertain the possibilities. My present is not my reality and I’m scared if let myself consumed by this feelings I won’t be able to get out from the fantasies I had built to escape my past.

I sadly gazed at the ring on my finger. I don’t know why but it affects me and what bothers me the most is my developing feeling towards him which I should have not felt at the first place.

“Are you okay?” Bom gently asked that pulled me out in trance.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Dara, why do you keep worrying of what is still bound to happen? Why not relishing what is happening at the moment? You said you ran away from home because you wanted to find yourself and heal from what happened to your brother, so why not do it now?”

“What do you mean?”

“Dara, your present is your freedom. This is your chance to find yourself, live your life, make mistakes, fall in love, you get me? All I’m saying was, what you have right now is giving you a chance to finally stop chasing liberty. You probably will regret all of this later but hell, I can assure you, it’s all gonna be worth it.”

“Oh my gosh! Who are you?! Where is Bom? What did you do to my best friend! Bring her back!!!”

“Yah! Is it hard to believe that I can talk some senses too? But I’m serious Dara, give this feeling of yours a chance.”

“I don’t know what to think anymore!!!”

“You don’t have to think; all you have to do is to feel.”

Urrgghh, this is so frustrating. Can I just pushed these thoughts aside just for a while. I slowly walked towards the door and decided to go outside to breath.

“Where are you going?” Bom asked.

“I’ll just be outside, don’t worry I’ll be back.”

Dara is walking in the lobby still drowned by her own thoughts. She held her head low and casted her gaze at the ring on her finger.

I should seriously take this off before I lose my mind.

Dara found a girl’s restroom in the far corner of the lobby. Fortunately, there was no one inside when she went in. She leaned on the bathroom counter and lifted her gaze at her reflection on the mirror in front.

Dara, you should stop this nonsense.

She lifted her finger and looked at the ring again.

You don’t belong to me.

She opens the faucet and let the water pour freely on her hands. She was about pull the ring from her finger when the door suddenly opened startling her.

 

______________

-Jiyong-

Big Bang went back in their dressing room for a break before the final gap of the program. They simultaneously slumped on the couch when they reached the room. Bom immediately gave TOP a bottle of water. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed Dara was not in the room.

Where is she? He thought.

“Looking for your butterfly?” Seungri asked while smiling teasingly at me.

“What?!”

“ Aigoo, hyung your butterfly probably flew away because you’re too hard on her.”  Riri added.

“What are you talking about?” Too hard on her? Nonsense.  

“Yah, Park Bom, where is Dara?” TOP asked Bom who was obviously acting inconspicuously.

“She just went outside for a while.” Bom answered.

“Where?” I asked. Where could she possibly be? That girl really.

“I really don’t know exactly where but she said she’ll be back.”

“Call her, tell her to come back now.” I nonchalantly said but deep inside I don’t know why I felt something that disturbed me. Tsch. Silly girl, she should not just easily roam around outside without me or any of my security group.

Jiyong leaned his back against the backrest of the couch seemingly agitated from Dara’s absence. She stared Bom in alarmed when he heard a phone ringing.

“Oh, Dara forgot to bring her phone with her earlier.” She said referring to Dara’s phone lying on the table.

What the-!   

“Where the hell is she?!” Jiyong asked loudly startling everyone.

“Hyung, concerned much, huh?” Daesung jokingly said.

“No I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter