No Emotional Attachment

The Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life for me was a challenge every single day. I started to face it ever since I left home and decided to make it on my own. You see, I should be living like a princess should be, like buying new pair of shoes or signature bags in advance before they could make trends on the market. Clubbing with friends around my socialite circle and having my beauty regimens with a relaxing bubble bath on my huge bath tub with champagne on hand and just sooth me with the peacefulness of the sanctuary that only in the high society could experience and be the queen of my own wor-

“DARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! You are spacing out again?!!!“

Okay, I can kiss my peacefulness goodbye now..gaaah..bummer! Thanks to my friend who is far more annoying than my alarm clock in the morning.

“Bom, will you stop screaming in the morning, the sun will set again and forget to shine this day because of your constant yammering…” I said while sipping my hot coffee that is more like an iced coffee now because I was in my dreamland a while ago.

“Are you kidding me? It’s already 10 a.m. I got up from bed while you sits there and I already dressed up now, and you are freaking still there on that same spot I left you because your mind is wondering again, I hope your brain won’t abandon you one of this days because you’ve been forcing it to think an unimaginable, no unbelievable things that a girl like you should have. “ she said in her highest pitch tone making sure it will reach my senses.

“Okay, I’m sorry, I will take a bath now, MOM, “ I said while laughing and ran to the bathroom before she could throw her cellphone at me.

“Hurry up Dara! I can already picture out Taehyeon unnie’s distorted face while lecturing us with her holy time management lessons!!! I should have not trusted your alarm clock Dara, we are going to be late and personal assistants should not be late because we don’t have the right to be late!!!! “ she added because she is not still over this whole argument, thanks to my alarm clock that failed to woke me up because it ran out of battery and I didn’t notice last night when we got our apartment at 3 a.m in the morning!!! Yes, 3am, when normal people should be snoring and drooling from a deep slumber in that kind of time. As personal assistants, we are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, wherever and whatever conditions may have.

Bom and I were working in YG Entertainment for a year now, which by the way I did not at all know how we survived, as personal assistants to its artists. Our duty is to make sure everything the artist’s needs is ready, arranged and organized. We’re the ones who double check their wardrobes and accessories from head to toe prior to their respected schedules or projects, be it concerts, TV appearances and pictorials. We coordinate with their stylists to prepare the clothes that they’re going to wear and I kid you not, these clothes were signature brands from famous designers all over the world, in short these clothes are far more expensive than me and Bom’s life combined. *siggghhh

Bom was literally dragging me upon entering YG building where Taehyeon unnie calls us in for a brief meeting regarding Lee Hi who we were currently working for as her personal assistant. We were welcomed by creepy stares and murmuring when we went in one of the dressing room. Oh no, I can feel miserable thing is bound to happen. You know that feeling that creeps  you out and you perfectly guessed not a good one but you can’t avoid it. The evil whispers from my co-workers halted when the queen of darkness enters the room.

“You too were late again!” She snarled directly to me and Bom who I don’t know if still breathes because I myself too was frightened.

“Hahaha.. unnie, we came before you, right?..” I said in my sweetest voice with my biggest smile that could tear my face apart which could hopefully lighten her dark aura.

“I was already here since last night! And I was working in this industry since before you were born that means if I give you command to get your asses at this time, you should get your asses right before my instructed time! Arraso?! “ our mother hen exploded and I am scared for my precious life now to retaliate that’s why I nudged Bom who I think melted the floor by her constant staring while bowing her head down.

“We understand unnie, we are very sorry, this won’t happen again, we promise, right Dara?!!” Bom nudged me and widened her eyes at me to agree with her.

“Sorry unnie, we won’t be late again..” I said with my head low as I realized how embarrassing this is as we became the center of this morning drama.

“ Of course there will never be next time because the moment you do this again, you’ll gonna hand me over your resignation letters,  or get you terminated instantly! And that goes out to all of you!” mother hen snarled in no one in particular when she heard other staff laughed at me and Bom’s miserable state.

“I called you out all here for a very important matter and I want each and every one of you to take this seriously and professionally..” she briefly said emphasizing her last word while looking specifically to me and Bom. I tell you, I felt a laser beam slashing at us the way she stares, with that in mind she continued.

“Apparently, Lee Hi’s promotions were all done and you will be assigned to another artists…” oh no! this can’t be good, I can already feel the tension mixing in the air. I am not freaking ready for this! And like a bomb exploded in front of me..

“You are all instructed to handle BigBang members starting next week. “

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, I really have nothing against them but it’s Big Bang we are talking about. YGE pillar of success and Korea’s most talked about boy group enough to kill me with so much pressure! I can’t handle them, I might collapse once they bark commands on me. I am rally not good in big responsibilities; I tend to doubt myself every time I face these crucial situations especially in my job. Again, I should award myself with a medal in my neck on how did I manage to survive after a year working in YGE as assistant staff. So back to my life threatening matter on hand.

“Bom, you will be assigned to TOP..” mother hen firmly said and I am telling you, I prayed like I never prayed in my entire damn life before that I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNED TO –

“And Dara, be always alert to Jiyong’s needs, you will handle his wardrobes and be aware of his schedules since he’s doing another errands on his own while currently doing the tour with Big Bang..”

ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING ME??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ME????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU FORGET I WAS LATE AWHILE AGO SO THAT MEANS I AM AN INCOMPETENT PERSON HANDLING G-DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY OF ALL PEOPLE DID I END UP BEING THE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO G-DRAGON, BIG BANG’s BADASS LEADER which by the way I think half of Korea’s female population is his fan girls and would willingly ready to kill just to trade places with me, SO WHY ME??!!!!!!!

Okay, I shouldn’t be harsh to myself but you see, I am so intimidated with that guy, the way he looks and gives instructions to his former assistants before left me cringing in a corner. We don’t really get to see them often because we were focusing on taking care of Lee Hi, the sweet-sweet girl who is very easy to work with and though her schedule lets us sleep at 3 am in the morning, we couldn’t complain because she treated us like her big sisters and she even goes to Hongdae with us and bought us lots of clothes. With her, we didn’t feel like working, every time she had schedule, we were like a bunch of school girls laughing while talking boys stuff in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter