The Milkshake

The Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is trailing behind GD as soon as they left the studio. They were about to head towards the parking lot when he abruptly stopped and turned to her, startling Dara. He held his gaze at her with a furrowed eyebrows. He slowly walked towards her.

"Give me the bag."

"Huh..no it's okay I'll bring this." Dara held the bag tightly and quickly walked passed him. She didn't glance back at GD but she felt him following her.

She will not give him a chance to ruin her mind again with those simple gestures, because as far as I'm concern, the personal assistant should bring the bag of his boss and not the other way around. I am quite proud of myself right now. I think I'm getting used to being his professional assistant. I finally reach GD's car when he suddenly walk pass through me while unlocking his car and opens the passenger seat in front of me. Gaaaaaaahhhhh....why did he open the door?!!!!!! I was totally unable to move from where I stand. Weird stuff contaminating my mind right now. I was intently staring at the empty seat inside his car while GD looking at me with furrowed eyebrows, his hand is still holding the car's door handle while waiting for me to get inside.

"Something wrong?" I heard him said breaking my frozen state.

"Huh? Ahm nothing..." I answered and hurriedly get inside before my mind could formulate weirder things like why guys open their car's door for their girls. Their girls?!!!!

WAH! STOP IT DARA! YOU ARE GETTING MALICIOUS! I was still battling with myself when GD finally occupied the driver's seat and started the engine. He side glanced at me with a smirk in his face. OHMYGOD if he'd find out all the thoughts in my head right now, I will kill myself by not breathing, I swear. I try to think of any possible topic to open before he thinks strange things towards me.

 

"So, you like milkshake, I thought you like stronger flavor, like grapes or raspberry, me I like lychee flavored iced tea, and Bom always buys me one specially in summer." I am not quite sure if he's even listening while my mouth throws random facts about me. He doesn't look half interested at all but I continue talking and I honestly felt more comfortable being with him now.

 

"My favorite food is anything beef, beef steak, grilled beef, I am getting hungry right now.. Ha..ha..ha.. I even crave for soju right now, hahaha, do you drink Jiyong?" I glanced at him but he just give me this bored look and turned his attention on the road again. Why on earth did I ask him if he drinks? Of course he drinks! Judging from his status and personality, you don't really expect the great G-Dragon only drinks milkshake instead of alcohol! That would be...off?.

I decided to finally keep my mouth shut when I realized that I've been acting a stupid moron for the past few minutes talking to an unresponsive person. I just busied myself looking through the window and wandered my thoughts elsewhere.

I suddenly miss my sketchbook. My dream is to become a fashion designer and to create my own clothing line. Eversince I was a kid, I had built my own little world with my sketchbook. It had been my constant companion when everyone around me seemed like disappearing. Drawing became my sanctuary. I could easily create designs of clothes in just one seating and let myself drown within a world where I could find myself at peace.

 

She noticed the tiny girl seating on his passenger's seat with a blank expression while deeply thinking something . He will never understand women. They can easily switch their mode before you can even blink your eyes. He was actually listening to her a while ago, though he didn't respond as to not interrupt the stories she's been telling him about her. Then there's silence from her, I glanced at her for a moment now but I guess she didn't notice because she was obviously occupied with her deep thoughts.

"I never thought you could run out of words to say." GD finally said breaking the deafening silence inside the car.

"Huh? Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were getting annoyed.”

"Kind of, but your silence is making you more annoying to me."

"What?" she eyed him quizzically.

"We're here." GD said ignoring her question.

"Huh?" Dara didn't even notice that they already reached their destination.

"Oh okay, wait here, I'll go out and buy." Dara removed her seatbelt and was about to open the door when Jiyong grab her hand, she was startled and looked at him in puzzlement.

"Here, how can you buy one without money?" he nonchalantly said while pulling some cash from his wallet. She placed her hand above his preventing him from giving the cash. GD dragged his gaze at her.

"No need, this is my treat for you. It’s my first day as your personal assistant. It’s a thank you gift." Dara genuinely said while smiling at him.

Before he can protest, she quickly got off his car. Jiyong on the other hand, remained seated and can't even react to what Dara did. He was used to receiving gifts or treats from his fans but with Dara, he felt something unusual. He was quite amused to the girl's gesture of giving him a thank you treat when all he did had made her uncomfortable throughout the day. He followed her with his gaze as she walks towards the door of the coffee shop. A smile escaped from his lips. Sweet.

 

When she entered the coffee shop, Dara was welcomed by the soothing aroma of coffee. She looked around and noticed only a few people sitting on the comfortable couches in the shop's corner with a tv set on the other side. She loved the relaxing ambiance of the place that made her consider a visit again with Bom.

Dara greeted the coffee shop attendant and ordered a milkshake as Jiyong's request. While waiting for her order, she was tentatively glancing outside to Jiyong's car and it made her smile realizing that thousands of his fan girls would probably envious of her right now because the one they're fantasizing with is now waiting for her, outside in his car. Soon her order came, she was all smile when the attendant gave it to her. While she is walking towards the door, she halted her steps when she heard a familiar name being mention on the tv that is currently switched on for the customers. It’s a business news program that was on.

Lee Donghae, a New York based Vice President of Operations of Park Haven Hotel will soon visit Korea. Speculations circulating the industry that they will soon build their first hotel branch out in Korea.

Dara is totally frozen on her spot upon seeing Donghae's pictures on tv. Memories flashed in her mind. Park Haven Hotel, it was over a year since she left. Did Donghae already found out where I am? She held the necklace she was wearing ever since she was a kid. It was the only thing that reminded her of her past.

 She forced herself to put all the thoughts aside and quickly walk towards the door. What will she do now? Her reality is running after her. She was clearly consumed by her thoughts that she didn't notice a group of girls walking towards her direction with iced coffee on their hands. Dara was spacing out and bumped with one of the girls spilling her drink directly to Dara's shirt. She shivered with the cold beverage spilled on her shirt.

"Will you watch where you're going!" the girl irritably said to her while her companions were whispering with each other giving Dara a head to toe disgusted look.

"Omo, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you. I will buy you another drink." Dara stupidly bowed at them. She heard the other girls laughed at her.

"No need, I think we're even." Dara didn't immediately understand what she said until she saw the girl looking at her drenched shirt. Dara covered her chest with her hands still holding Jiyong's milkshake. She held her head low quite embarrassed of her current state. I looked pathetic, she thought. Nobody notice when someone wearing a cap and mask hiding half of his face entered the shop and headed towards Dara. When he reached Dara, he quickly took off his jacket and put it on to her. Dara gasped in surprise and wasn't able to react. However the girls were eyeing them quizzically.

"Ji-" Dara wasn't able to finish what she was about to say when Jiyong grabbed her hand, slightly dragging her with him away from there.

"Let's go." they hastily walked towards the door, Jiyong still holding Dara's hand, leaving the girls with questioning look on their faces.

"That guy seems familiar." Dara heard the girl say. If they only knew.

 

I swear, I did not at all feel the coldness in my drenched shirt, with Jiyong still holding my hand right now, I feel hot! Ottokae?! I was staring at our linked hands while Jiyong was still half dragging me towards his car. Everything around me seemed like moving in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter