7

Love Story


One day I came back home, sober. I didn't have any alcohol that day because it was taking a toll on me. At work, I lashed out at my employees and even a client. If I lost any more clients, I would lose my money.

So, I arrived home expecting Jia and Yuna to be in the living room or kitchen. I was actually looking forward to seeing them without alcohol in my system for once. Every night I would come home late drunk and most likely forget what happened. Every morning I would sleep in until the very last minute because my head killed me. I rarely ever got to see my two girls and I was expecting to see them at home but the lights were off and it seemed like no one was there.

I entered the house and looked around. Yuna's shoes seemed to be missing but Jia's favorite pair were still there. I entered the kitchen and placed my bag in the chair, heading towards the fridge. Then, I saw the note attached by a magnet. It read, "I'm out with Woohyun and Yuna is at my parent's house." And for some reason, that note made me so mad.

After I started drinking I became more aggressive and a lot of little things started to irk me like the fact that Jia was out with Woohyun when she should have been home. She must have told him about my changes and she must have told him to keep quiet about it because if he already intervened, I wouldn't even be at that stage. I didn't mind that she told him because it would have been better if he started to hate me too. Actually, I was glad she had someone to rant to but at that time I had no idea why the idea of them being together irked me. I was so angry I decided to go out and drink. 

After a short drive, I ended up at a strip club. It was the club I frequented. It was the only kind of club I could actually bring a girl home. Back then, you could barely pick up a girl at a dance club since they always go with their boyfriends. I sat down at the bar and waved my finger lazily at the bartender. His name was Hoya. For some reason or another I usually rant my problems to him. Bartenders are great people to talk to if you're a frequent drinker.

"You're a bit late," he noticed, brewing up my usual drink. It was the strongest they had.

"Was planning to be sober today but I changed my mind." He placed down my drink and a packet of nuts although he knew I wasn't going to eat them anyway.

"If you keep going like this, you'll die sooner than you have to." I scoffed at how right he was. My date of death was unknown but I was killing myself by alcohol. 

"What does it matter? My wife hates me, I won't be able to see my daughter grow up, and I'm sleeping with s on my bed. I might as well die right now. I'm doing this to numb out reality." Hoya sighed and shook his head before leaving me to serve up another customer. I continued to numb myself from reality and drank many shots of alcohol. When I was buzzed and drunk enough, I got up and went searching - searching for a girl to send me away. 

When I woke up, I was in my bed with another unknown girl beside me. The worst part about this routine was the hangover. It felt like someone sat on my head the whole night. I sighed and got up, dressing myself before leaving the room. A long shower was needed before I tell the girl to leave. I was about to head into the washroom but stopped when I noticed the door was closed. Jia was probably in there so I headed downstairs to grab myself a glass of water.

That was when I realized someone was in my kitchen from the clattering of dishes and pots and pans. I headed into the kitchen and saw Woohyun. I frowned. "What the hell are you doing here?" He turned around and faced me. He frowned like he was disgusted to see me. I smirked at the pink apron he was wearing but then frowned when I noticed he was wearing my clothes. He only wore my clothes when he slept over, meaning Jia invited him to stay the night. "I asked you, what are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Why should I answer that?" he answered.

His response made me angry. "You can't just walk in without my permission, sleep in my house, cook in my kitchen and wear my clothes."

"Why can't I?" he asked "I'm your friend. I've done these things before and you didn't mind. Also, shouldn't I ask you the same thing? Why is there another woman sleeping in this house, on the bed that your wife sleeps in? She didn't have permission from Jia. And why is she having with Jia's husband, someone bonded to her until death!"

Every word that came out of his mouth made me angrier and angrier. Who the hell was he to judge me? Why the hell does he even care? He shouldn't be concerned about me; no one should! "This is MY house. It's under MY name. I am not Jia's property either. I can have with whoever I want, whenever I want. So what if I married her? It's not like this marriage is beneficial. Do you know what I do when I exit this house? I take my ring off. I don't want people to know that I'm even married."

"Why don't you? That's not what you said before. You said you were the happiest man alive and practically boasted about your ring!"

"That was before I was hit with reality. Marriage !" We were seething during our argument and he didn't have anything else to say so we just stared at each other with anger in our eyes. He broke the staring contest and looked to the side. "J-Jia..." 

I turned around and my eyes widened. She was right in front of us and she heard the whole thing. My heart dropped when I saw her cry. I should have been used to seeing her cry but she still had this effect on me. It would have been for the better if she heard the conversation but still, I wanted to apologize. I wanted to apologize for even being in her life.

It went for the worse when the girl I slept with skipped down the stairs and bumped into Jia when she turned around to escape. She fell down on her bottom and I had to clench my hands into fists to prevent myself from yanking her up.

"What the hell," the girl said, rubbing her chest. "Oppa! Did you prepare this toothbrush for me? There was two in the washroom. You're so caring!" I didn't realize she was right next to me until I felt something on my lips. I focused my eyes on her from Jia and noticed she had her toothbrush in her hands and she was wearing Jia's clothes.

"Jia..." I heard and my attention went back to the two. He said something I couldn't quite hear because the unknown girl was talking to me about something. I watched as he helped her up and headed upstairs. "Get out," I told the girl.

"H-huh?"

"You heard me! Get out! Get out of my house!" I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards the front door. I grabbed the clothes that were thrown to the corner and grabbed her heels. I pushed her out the door and threw her things at her before slamming the door in her face. From outside she screamed in frustration. I messed up my hair and headed into the living room. This situation was far worse than my hangover. I took a seat and closed my eyes, trying to sort out my head. I shouldn't have been frustrated. Finally Woohyun is doing something about it but the thought of them being together just made my heart palpate. I didn't want them together. I couldn't even call it jealousy because what was I jealous about? He was doing me a favor. He was taking care of her when I couldn't.

My eyes opened when I heard them come downstairs and stood up when I noticed luggage. "Where's the girl?" Woohyun asked coldly.

"I sent her home," I said and looked at Jia. "Honey, don't leave." It was the first time I spoke to her in a while without the attitude. On the contrary, I did want her to leave. She didn't deserve to sit through my changes. She should have left long ago yet I unconsciously told her to stay. What was wrong with me?

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Jia... what about Yuna, huh? She can't live without her dad." Why was I even bringing my daughter into the conversation? She basically lived without her dad for three years. The thing that breaks my heart the most is that during those three years I've changed, Yuna still called me 'dad'. She still had some affection towards me and some of the time she even cries when she doesn't see Jia and I together. 

"What dad?" she hissed. "You've been away for most of her life! You may be her biological father, but you were never one in the first place." Then, she took off the diamond ring on her ring finger and slammed it down on the coffee table. "I'll be back for the rest of my and Yuna's things. I'll have the divorce papers ready by then. This time, you can keep the ring off your finger all you want. We are no longer married."

---

uh oh :T. 

Sorry for the lack of an update. Even though I mentioned it was coming to an end soon. It's a short story yet it takes forever to update. My apologies! Anyway, one more chapter and it will be done! 

Ps. Sorry for the small font.