Bandmates

Infinitely

 

I can’t escape because I’m in too deep
The letters in my book are dancing as they form your name
As if you’re the main character of the movie, as if you’re the moon in the sky, I keep seeing you

 

 

"I won't fall in love with him."

I repeated this like a mantra but every night I dream of his kisses. His smile. Those eyes. Sunggyu was a dangerous temptation I didn't know how to handle. My heart wouldn't stop its racing beats even after being awake for a few hours. How frustrating! We were in this marriage for business. We were using each other.

There was no escape for me emotionally, so I had to escape physically. Sungyeol taught me some tricks to get out of my house and I used them now. I didn't to breathe before my mother came back with yet another book of wedding details. Who cares what this wedding thing looks like? It was fake anyways. After a year we would divorce, this was certain.

I managed to slip out of the prison unseen. Quickly, I texted Sungyeol and said I wanted to get together with the boys. We could dine in and watch a movie. Something mundane. This is what I needed.

No Sunggyu. No marriage. Nothing. Just my bandmates and me. Normal.

It didn't take long for the boys to find me. They were dressed handsomely, all black. "Haeri!" Dongwoo bounded forward and caught me in an embrace. "We thought we'd never see you again!"

I laughed at his silliness. "It's hard to escape these days."

Hoya patted my head. "Even so, it's good to see you. We've missed you." I was really touched, Hoya didn't express himself often. L just smiled at me and grabbed him in a headlock.

"Yah! Yah!" He tapped my arm.

"And you? Didn't you miss your Noona?"

"I did! I did! Let me go! Aish!" We buckled in laughter as he pulled away and fixed his hair. Sungyeol took my wrist and tugged me.

"What are the events for today?"

"Grocery shopping! We'll go back to Hoya's and cook, eat, and watch a movie!"

"Asa!" Dongwoo shouted and began to lead our expedition.

Let me tell you. Controlling four guys in front of food was completely impossible. They were everywhere! Throwing random food in the shopping cart. Most of it wasn't even for cooking tonight.

"How much money do you think I have?" I almost shouted. "On me." I amended when they raised their eyebrows.

"Enough." Hoya laughed and nudged me.

Like that we enjoyed our time together. They helped me forget the road I had chosen and all the pain I knew I'd face.

 

Since I only knew how to cook ramen, Dongwoo and Hoya were our chefs this evening. I got them aprons and hats, just for the fun of it. L, Sungyeol, and I lined up against the island and watched them. L and Sungyeol made comments about what they were putting in the food.

"Are you sure that's going to be edible?"

"Yah! Not so much seasoning! You're going to kill us!"

"I'd rather eat Haeri's cooking."

"YAH!"

Hoya sent us a glare which shut us up. He was scary like that sometimes. A little awkward in person until you put him on stage. Dongwoo, no matter where or who he was with, was always crazy. Making the most random comments and laughing for no reason sometimes. It was lovable like that.

As for the boys on either side of me. L was a stoic 4d character. Most of the time he was in his own world. When he wasn't, he was insane. Sungyeol on the other hand was probably the most normal, which isn't much of a stretch with this bunch,

Even though I grew up with him, there wasn't much that I knew. He grew up outside of his family, with Dongwoo. He didn't like to talk about them much and I quickly learned not to ask.

Hoya gave some of the food for Dongwoo to try and we held our breaths in anticipation. I swear if they wasted this food...

"Daebak! It's good!" I didn't trust Dongwoo, he could eat anything.

The plates were place before us and we looked at each other.

"Well, if you don't want it." Hoya started taking the plates away.

"Didn't say that!" Sungyeol laughed.

Turns out it was pretty good, which surprised me. We ate with contentment and thoroughly thanked our chefs. L pretended to massage Hoya's arms while Sungyeol picked up the dishes.

They teased each other and laughed. I loved this. I loved being with all of them. Happiness filled me and my heart swelled.

 

It was getting dark but no one wanted to leave. Hoya lived alone and said he didn't mind. I didn't know if I could get away with staying away from home again, it was worth a shot. Though if any paparazzi found me, I'd be in a serious scandal.

Unwillingly my mind went to him. I wanted to invite him over but I neither knew him well enough and the boys didn't care for rich people, except for me of course. Called them stuck up and pretentious. Which was mostly true but I tried to think that Sunggyu wasn't like that. I wondered what he was doing right now.

Dongwoo threw his arm around me, effectively stopping my current train of thoughts. "I thought the whole point of this get-together was to distract you."

I smiled and nodded. "It is."

"So what should we do now? Play a few drinking games?"

It had been awhile since I last drank. "Sure."

~

Sunggyu put down the pen and rubbed his temples. The paper work wouldn't stop. On top of that his mother wouldn't leave him alone about this marriage. She would complain that she was getting old and every passing day was another without grandchildren. The stress from his mother and the stress from the company made him want to call her. To think about something else.

Every time he's spent time with her he was able to forget about the failing company and his mother breathing down his neck. Was this marriage really a good thing? What if they weren't able to get out of it? Sunggyu tried to remember that he would divorce her, that he shouldn't settle and find happiness with her. Even though he thought this, he didn't feel like it was true.

He was attracted to her but he didn't know her personality. What if she was a crazy person? Or had some weird habit he'd never be able to live with no matter what? He felt like he was making excuses.

"I won't fall in love with her."

Even though the touch of her lips was still felt fresh on his.

~

I pulled out my stick with a number on it. 3. Hoya was the king so he got to bark orders.

"Number 2 and number 4, pocky game."

L threw his stick down and reached for the bowl of soju. "Yah!" Sungyeol stopped him. "We can do that!"

"Never!"

Sungyeol wrestled him for a moment before L gave up. Excitedly I handed the pocky stick to L who glared at me.

"Ready?"

Dongwoo and I were howling with laughter and Hoya smirked proudly.

We drew sticks again and this time I was king.

"Number 1 and 3, rub noses."

L threw down his stick and guzzled the drink before anyone could stop him. Dongwoo pouted.

I was number one this time.

L smiled proudly, he was king. "Number 1 and number 2 kiss."

~

Sunggyu stared at his phone. He could treat her to dinner. It wouldn't be weird since they were engaged, and they needed to spend time together for the media anyways. Before he could talk himself out of it, he dialed her number.

~

I smiled shyly and showed that I had number one. Sungyeol showed he had number 2.

"Do you want to just drink?" I offered.

"Nope." He grabbed my face and kissed me.

Really kissed me. I smiled a little. Being both shocked and surprised. He slowly pulled away, letting his lips linger.

I swallowed and took a drink.

~

Haeri didn't answer her phone so he assumed she was asleep. It was later after all. He would see her tomorrow.

_________________

hehe