Protector

Infinitely

 

 

Don’t turn around and leave me, don’t brush me off, don’t avoid me.
You are my destiny

 

 

I went on my tiptoes to kiss Sunggyu's lips. What was supposed to be a simple peck became more when he wrapped his arms around my waist and crushed me to him. His lips molded with mine and I gasped with shock.

He let me go with a soft smile on his face. "Sorry. I just can't help myself whenever you initiate a kiss." He wiped the side of my lips with his thumb. My face was 100 shades of red.

Sunggyu not only played along but implied that we kissed a lot. I glanced at Woohyun whose face was burning with rage.

"Good for you Haeri." He bent down and whispered in my ear. "Just remember. The only men that come into your life are the ones that want to use you." Woohyun waved and said his goodbyes.

I had to sit back down.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head. There was no way I was okay! Not only did I run into Woohyun today but I even, to Sunggyu... I looked up at him. There was a slight stain on his lips from my lip gloss. I took a napkin and gently started wiping it off. "Sorry I used you."

He took my hand. Shyly, I met his eyes. "I would do it again if you asked."

"Thank you."

~

To end the day, I decided a walk in the park was probably for the best. Her face was still bright red and the fresh air would do her good. Though I knew I shouldn't, I wanted to . I was weak.

"Have you ever been kissed before?" Her face got even redder. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. Though I tried not to think about it, her touch was still fresh in my head.

"I have. Just...not like that."

That caught me off guard. "Woohyun never kissed you like that?" I regretted the question ever before I saw her reaction.

She froze. "I'd like to go home now."

"Of course."

So I took her home. When I pulled up to her house she sat in the car for awhile. I didn't push her.

"Thank you for today. For what you did. I appreciate it." Haeri opened the car door to leave but I grabbed her hand.

"Would I be rejected if I asked I wanted to see you again?"

She seemed to think about it. "With what happened today, I think it would be best if we didn't see each other again. I don't want to get caught up in a scandal. By seeing each other we would be confirming speculation."

I understood, but I was oddly hurt. "Then this is goodbye."

"Yes." She stepped out and bowed before closing the door.

I watched her until she entered her house.

~
It was dark and only the butler greeted me at the door.

"Welcome home agashi." He bowed and I tiredly smiled at him. "Would you like anything?"

"No, thank you. You can retire for the day."

"Have a good night."

My feet were heavy as I drug myself up the stairs. The day turned more exhausting than I had anticipated it to be. Now, I just wanted to crash on the bed and forget it all.

But when I opened my door and saw Sungyeol pacing.

Ffor some odd reason tears started to pool in my eyes. He panicked when he saw my expression.

"Haeri-ah. What happened? Did he do something to you?" I shook my head. He grabbed my face and made me look at him. "Do I need to do something? Just tell me and I'll beat up whoever made you cry." I shook my head again.

Sungyeol sighed. "Do you want me to leave?"

Did I want to be alone? I did. But I didn't want him to leave either. I was selfish like that.

I shook my head. Words just wouldn't come.

He never asked another question. Instead, he cradled me in his arms all night long as I bawled my eyes out.

Life was cruel. I knew that. But life was so cruel that it wouldn't let me escape my past pain. It brought it into my daily life. Constantly taunting me and pushing me. The only thing I wanted was someone who could protect me from all of this. Someone who could take me away from this world. Someone who would love me without a single thought of using me for his own personal gain.

_____________