Seulgixyou- Pinky Promise

my heart wants you

2012

Jihoo's POV

"Hana... Dul... Set!" I opened my eyes and kicked the ball as hard as I can before the buzzer rings. The whole world quiets down as everyone focused on the ball, my heart beating rapidly as I used up all my strength for the whole game. I've been on the field since the start because our coach decided that I didn't need any rest and it was my responsibility as the captain. I've been running around the field for 2 hours straight, it's surprising enough that I had enough energy to even kick the ball. I try to catch my breath as I watch the ball slowly as if the world was torturing me.  If we don't get this in, it'll be a tie and the upperclassmen will rule over the juniors, I can't have that happen! We trained and fought long and hard for this game. We can't lose! I closed my eyes and let the crowd tell me as I fall on my knees too afraid to see the results. Too afraid of failure...

Then all the sudden, the once quiet crowd filled with fangirls screamed as if they've just seen their idols. Did I get it in? I slowly open my eyes, as my eyes adjust to improve my blurry vision, my eyes focus on the white ball... that was inside net! I smiled widely before yelling out loud! "It's in! We won!" Then I felt my body getting lifted in the sky, I looked down to see my teammates lifting me up and down as if we just won a game in the FIFA. We all cheered as they throw me in the air once more before they set me down. I looked at the upperclassmen's team who had a gloomy expression on their faces because now the Juniors will rule the school. Ravi, Wonho, Peniel, Daehyun, Gongchan and Hongbin my closest upperclassmen friends ruffled their hair in frustration for not keeping the Senior's tradition in football. I then turn to my teammates who were still celebrating by giving each other hugs, Kai first came up to me before JB, Youngjae, Jackson, Sehun, Taeil, Niel, Jinyoung, Jooheon, and Ilhoon could.

The crowd then congratulates us by doing a cheer, we all just laughed before all my friends went to make out with their girlfriends to celebrate their win, I sighed. I scored the last goal, I'm cool, aren't I? "But wae am I still single?" I question myself but no avail. I have no idea why... Once the game ended. I went up to my classroom with full spirit as if all my energy returned. I opened the door as I walk into the classroom, only to see a sleeping bear who didn't bother showing up at my game. I even told her about it and to come support me, yet she was in the classroom doing her homework or something seeing as she was still holding a pencil with her beautiful slender fingers. I sat in the seat in front of her and admire every inch of her face. Taking in every detail of her face and memorizing it, "So beautiful...

Even when she's sleeping, she still looks like a goddess. I smiled widely, I slowly trace my finger down her cheeks... "Now I remember wae I'm still single..." I chuckle as I finally remember the answer to my question that I'd ask myself for the hundredth time. My fingers then finally reached her warm, soft lips. I bit my lips feeling a strong erg to just peck those lips even just a little, but I snapped myself out of it for the hundredth time as well. I shouldn't... She would never want her first kiss with me. I look at her as the feeling of unbearable pain surfaced, Wae would she ever love me? I continued to look at her who's only enjoying her sleep while I suffer from the friend zone. "Seulgi-ah... Stop looking so defenseless... I don't know what I might do.

She then stirred a bit scarring me as she groans, "Mhm..." I gulped, even that sounded so cute. I just smile as her lips turn into a smile, she's so adorable. How can anyone resist this!? "Seulgi-ah... Wae are you doing this to me? Stop hurting me unknowingly... Saranghae... But will you ever see me as more than a friend?" I leaned closer to her face as I bit my lip and hold myself down from getting closer than an inch. "But I also don't want to break what we have now... That's why I'm afraid. I'm too afraid to tell you the truth." I smiled bitterly as I hear no response from her whatsoever. I mean what did I expect?

I got up and ruffled my hair as I calm myself down and ran out of the classroom and headed to the washroom, once I got there, I opened the sink and splash water on my face to cool myself down. I looked at myself at the mirror and saw the horrible state I was in, I'm hopelessly in love with my best friend. "I can't ask for anything more... I know because she'll only see me as a friend..." I punched the wall in my right side as I felt a strong stinging feeling on my chest. I hated to admit it, but it's the reality. I can't be selfish, I will never be good enough for her. Plus she's a future idol, what would she ever want from a nobody like me. She'd never love me.

After I calmed myself down, I ran back to the classroom and slammed the door. Once I got inside, she seemed to have woken up by the loud thud and glared at me. "Yah~  I was sleeping!" I faked a chuckle, "Oh, mian. I didn't know, anyways let's go. I'm tired~" I lied, I just want to hide everything that happened, I grabbed my bag.  She just grabbed her stuff before we headed out, "So how's the game? Did you win?" She cutely asked as she walks backwards to face me. I nod, "Mhm... We won, but I felt like I lost." She got confused. "Wae?" She asked cutely again, darn it Seulgi! Not helping! "All my teammates have girlfriends, yet I'm still single." She then looks down and nods, "Well, I mean who'd want you? You're too focused on studies and sports, you barely pay attention to anything else." She playfully joked and I just glared at her. "I'm kidding, I'm sure you'll find someone." I nod as we continue to walk home, "I hope so too." Someone who'll love me... Unlike you.

"How about you wae are you still single?" I asked and she just looked at me and stopped walking, so I did too. "Because I still haven't found anyone who's good enough to beat my first love." I crooked my eyebrows while I was slowly dying inside, "You never told me you had a first love." She smiled widely, "Because you never told me your first love." My brows relax and went back to its usual place, I can't tell you. "Aye~ I never had a first love." She looked at me with suspicion this time, "Chincha, Aye liar~" She punched my shoulder and just bump my shoulder back to her, "I'm not lying If I had a first love. You'd be the first to know." After all, you are my first love. She then continued to walk in front of me while facing me, "You promise okay?" I chuckle, "Even if when you finally debut and you get famous, you'll still be the first one to know." She turns around and finally walked forward, "Aye, I'd be too busy. You won't be able to reach me." That's true... Once she's famous, I wouldn't be able to keep her to myself anymore. "Then... I'll become an idol, just to reach you. I'll be even more famous than you, so you can have time for me." She turned around and smiled widely, "Alright don't break your promise okay! I'll be waiting on top." She held out her pinky and I could only chuckle before I intertwine my pinky with hers. "I promise." And those words gave me the strength to hold on and push forward against those hardships, I'd never break my promise with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 5 Years

September 31, 2017

"Mark! Park Jinyoung! Kim Jongdae! Kim Seokjin! Ong Seongwoo! Kwon Jihoo! Saranghae!~" I smiled widely as soon as our stage ended, we were touched by our fans. It's been a crazy five months, we've been battle other boy groups such as EXO, BTS, Seventeen, Monsta X, Wanna One, Astro, Block B, Infinite, Ikon, Big Bang, Shinee, Got7, 2PM, Stray Kids, NCT, Nuest, CN Blue, Ft. Island, BTOB and lastly Winner to prove that we deserve to debut. Whatever happens on this stage now decided whether my 6 years of hard work, training, and sacrifices at YG have paid off. I've carried 5 lives on my shoulder with hopes of debuting, we've already lost many of our brothers along this 5 months, we can't lose now. I'm not going to break my promise.

We then move back to the front of the stage to get interviewed before the results come in, so far we've lost to EXO, BTS, Big Bang, Got7 and Wanna One, but we've managed to beat the rest of the artist, but it may not be enough for Mr. Yang. Our sunbae-nim, 2NE1 were first interviewed before Mr. Yang making us completely nervous. Well except for Mark Hyung who's been crying. Daesung Sunbaenim seemed to have noticed Mark hyung and put him on spot, but Mark Hyung was too overwhelmed to say anything at first, but as soon as he expresses his feelings to his mother that's when I saw my parents in the crowd holding back their tears and I just couldn't hold mine anymore. We then went backstage and the Winner Hyungs was crying while trying to comfort us especially Mino Hyung.

We were called back on stage in no time, making our hearts as nervous as possible. As they announce the result, the Hyungs and I hold our hand tights, this is it. "Mark, Jinyoung, Chen, Jin, Seongwoo, and Jihoo have...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have failed to debut as a 6 member group." Our hearts fell and the crowd booed as they didn't expect this either. Mark Hyung then grabbed our shoulders, "Mianhae... It's my fault. If only I---" Tears begin to stream down his face and my heart broke. "Aniyo Hyung, I failed you guys. Mianhae... If only I stayed up longer and practiced longer." Tears soon broke down in all six of us, "You practiced the most and worked harder than any of us, you didn't fail us." Jinyoung Hyung ruffled my hair, "Yeah, it's not your fault. It's mine if only I played the piano in time." Jin Hyung tried to blame himself. "Hey stop being sad, remember? This is not the end for us, we can always debut in a different company." Chen Hyung reassured us, "But what if we don't debut together again?" Seungwoo our youngest hit us with reality. We could only cry in each others arms.

"Oh, wait don't be sad yet. We've got great news for you guys." Then Daesung sunbaenim's voice cut through our sadness and made us look at him, "You've failed to debut as a 6 member group because you deserve to debut as a group of 7! We're bringing back an eliminated trainee... Here comes Feeldog!" He started smiling and the crowd went wild. Mark Hyung jumped up all the sudden, but I was still too shocked to process anything... So we didn't fail? I still have a chance? I didn't break my promise! Feeldog Hyung Hyung gave us a hug and we all jumped up and down to celebrate as the fans cheered. I'm coming for you bear! You better watch out!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 2 Months

December 1, 2017

(A/N: RM- Jinyoung, J-Hope - Feeldog, Suga- Mark, Jungkook- Seongwoo, Jin- Jin, Jimin- Chen, V- Jihoo

B.I- Jihoo, Bobby- Mark, Jay- Chen, Song- Jinyoung, DK- Feeldog, June- Seongwoo, Chan- Jin)

I smiled widely as our debut songs finally comes out, "Mark! Park Jinyoung! Kim Jongdae! Kim Seokjin! Ong Seongwoo! Oh Gwangsuk! Kwon Jihoo! We will continue to follow our Chazers! Saranghae!~" Our fan chants making our smiles wider. It's great to finally be on stage. We perform our debut song on MCountdown, and it feels amazing. We're all hitting all the moves like there's no tomorrow since our dreams finally came true. After the stage, we just couldn't hide our excitement and happiness as we head backstage.

I then call the number, I've been avoiding for this long 5 years, in a matter of seconds they answered. "Yoboseyo?" I smile as I finally hear the voice I've been longing this whole 5 years. "Bogoshipo... I'm going to reach you soon. Just wait." Before she could answer, I ended the call and we prepared for our second stage without Feeldog Hyung because he felt bad about being an addition to the team, but we've told him a million of times that he isn't, but he still insisted, so we really had no choice. We can't force him to perform.

(A/N: Jay- Chen, Bobby- Mark, B.I.- Jihoo, Song- Jinyoung, Chan- Jin, Jinhyung- Seongwoo)

Everyone in the crowd had banners that were labeled with a "Happy Jihoo Day" Making me smile throughout the whole performance, even Mark Hyung greeted me on stage. While I was rapping, Mark Hyung hyped up the mood for me making it even more of a memorable stage. I'm really thankful for my Hyungs, but I'm most grateful for her. She pushed me to be my best and to work my hardest to reach her... You Pabo Bear, you better be watching. Just wait a little longer!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 2 Months

January 9, 2018

My members and I laugh as we watch my first drama which became a huge success, "Wah~ I can't believe you managed to act in the biggest drama of the year and also sing the most listened ost Stay with me! I still can't get over the chills! It was so good!" Jin Hyung hit my head and I just punched him back, "I'm just thankful that everyone appreciates hard work." Mark Hyung chuckle, "Jihoo, I think it's time for you reach your dream. I heard Jimin was reaching for it as well." My eyes went wide, "It's a great time too, don't you have a duet with her later! Better get ready Jihoo!" Chen Hyung teased me. "Wait... How did you guys know!?" They all gave me chuckle, "We've been together for 5 years, and most of our songs are written about her aren't they?"

Well, that's true, so I am obvious after all. Wonder wae she didn't notice when we were in high school. "Jihoo! I'm here now, let's go, We'll be late for your recording if we don't go now." Then our manager hyung came in all the sudden, and I got up from our coach and followed him out and we headed to SM Ent. Once we got there, we headed straight inside the studio room, where I finally saw her. She was smiling widely with Taemin Hyung...  What? They both noticed me and greet me at the same time, Taemin Hyung then left, seeing as it's time for our recording. The staffs set everything up and they just handed me the lyrics before we were pushed into the recording room. 

I don't know what I'm supposed to do... and just sang the lyrics as the song began. When it was her parts, I kept sneaking a peak of her... She's still as beautiful as ever, actually, nevermind. She's become even more beautiful than before, gorgeous even with just her casual baseball tee, but as we sing the song further. My heart starts to ache, this is a break-up song, but Seulgi just continues to sing like it was nothing to her, breaking my heart even more. I heard she wrote this... Is this for me? That's why she asked to have a duet with me because it's about me?

I just kept it professional until the end and didn't speak unless I had to. Once the recording was over, I immediately go straight home until--- "Jihoo-ah, let's talk. It's been a while." Her sweet voice still shakes up my inside, so I turn around right away. It's been 6 years since I last saw her, of course, I would be shaken. "Mhm... It's been a while." She smiled and took my hand to lead us to sit down. "How is, oh so popular Jihoo? I heard you're more famous than EXO, BTS and Kang Daniel." She joked, and I could only fake a smile. "Wae are you breaking my heart like it's nothing? Can you just get to the point Seulgi..." I finally blurted it out.

"What are you talking about...?" She just gave me a confuse and pained expression. "It hurts seeing you hurt, but I no longer want to be hurt by you, Seulgi. If you want me to move on, then I will. You don't have to bring me all the way here just to record a break-up song to tell me, Seulgi!" I slammed my hand on the table as I look straight into her eyes, I'm not holding back anymore. I've spent all my life just loving her and gave 6 years just trying to focus on reaching her.  I'm not going to waste any more of my time, "Worse of all, you didn't have shown me that you're happy with Taemin now. I would've already gotten the hint if you had just told me. You don't have to go this far to hurt me." Tears start to flow down my face. "I've spent all my time trying to reach you who was so distant, I've thought about nothing else but keeping our promise yet---" I was cut off when I felt her hold my hand. "Stop crying Pabo! That song wasn't for you! I didn't write it, Taemin Oppa wrote it for his ex-girlfriend. I wasn't trying to hurt you, I was just telling Taemin Oppa all our childhood memories together. I may have looked cold to you earlier... I just felt intimidated. I haven't seen you in 6 years, I don't know if you're still the same..."

She wiped my tears with her the touch of her fingers, "I was afraid... I've waited for you for so long yet, I receive no message nor calls from you in the past 6 years. I thought you forgot about me, I was afraid I lost you." This time tears threatened to fall down her face and I just couldn't have that. "Don't cry, mianhae... I just thought since you were a big star now. I was just a bother, just like you said in the past. You may not have time for me anymore, so I didn't try contacting you... Except on my debut day. I called you, but I got too scared to speak. So I told you to wait." She just continued to look at me, good thing my words kinda stop her from crying. "I wanted to meet you, once I felt like I was good enough to stand beside you. I gave up so many times, I really felt hopeless but knowing you might be waiting for me was the only thing that kept me going. Seulgi-ah, I kept my promise right?

She suddenly burst into tears and hits my chest, "Yah! I didn't need you to be good enough, I didn't need you to keep that silly pinky promise, I just needed you by myside!" All the weight on my shoulder were finally lifted as her words hit me like a bullet, I just needed to be there for her... I sighed, it's time to reveal the truth that's been hidden because of my fear of rejection. "Seulgi-ah... Saranghae... You were my first love ever since the beginning, I was too afraid to tell you because I didn't want to lose what we already had." She stopped punching my chest and looked at me making me grow nervous, but then she just smiled. "I know...  I always knew you loved me because I heard you. I was awake at that time."

My eyes widened, no way! Then why'd she pretend--- "If you spent 6 years trying to reach me, I've spent 24 years of my whole life waiting for this moment. Kwon Jihoo, you are my first love and will be the last." With that sentence, she leaned closer until our lips manage to meet. She closed her eyes as we both feel butterflies in our stomach. I just closed my eyes letting my heart finally rest from a broken heart. "Saranghae Kwon Jihoo." She leaned away and smiled like the dork she is.

tumblr_ooy2piNxFJ1tizu4so4_400.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 


Requested by Lester28 

Mianhae, trying to finish all the request before I start University ahuhuh.... Such a hard life, still haven't applied. 50 pages of a university application RIP T^T