An Unexpected Sleepover

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey! Sehun, get over here!" Jongin called out to the boy who still sat on the couch silently after Yejin basically ran away from him. You could say he was a little butthurt after figuring out that Yejin was not going to be easy to be around. Yes, Sehun wanted to be around her more--find out more about her, what she likes, but he doesn't plan on liking her anytime soon. Though, her features were exactly what Sehun liked to see in a girl. Minus the stubborn and mean side of her, of course.

The birthday boy let out a groan he was sure only he could hear until Suho angrily shouted out towards him.

"You've been nagging us all week about how you were finally going to turn eighteen, so stop groaning like you don't want this one bit!" he roared, giving the 'come over here' gesture. "Now get over here, kid."

Sehun rolled his eyes, annoyed that Suho still treated him like the little baby of the group. His only wish in this world was so the 'father' of this group of friends would hopefully stop treating him like a little eight year old child, and start treating him like how he would treat any other person his age. Eighteen.

He finally got off of the couch and walked over to the kitchen counter where everyone circled around. He stood on the other side of the kitchen counter, across from Yejin who seemed like she was awkwardly forcing herself not to look Sehun in the eye after their little conversation back on the couch. It was funny for him, since everyone thought Yejin was this tough girl who didn't care about anyone else's feelings besides hers, Chanyeol's, and whichever adult lives her. Seeing her so awkward and helpless with herself was such a once-in-a-lifetime sigh, he could not help but to admire the moment.

And once again, his eyes were locked on her. Was it strange that he looked to look at her so much? He really was going to turn into a creeper if he didn't stop any time soon, better yet get caught by Yejin herself.

Suddenly, the lights switched off and the only source of it was coming from the candles that illuminated the little semi circle the group formed around the kitchen counter. Soon, Baekhyun had started off the 'Happy Birthday' song, everyone else catching onto his drift and joining in.

"Happy birthday dear Sehun, happy birthday to you!" the song finished off. Everyone looked at him with a proud face, all except for Yejin. She didn't really have a reason to be proud of him for turning eighteen--she barely knew him. But one part of her actually wanted to get to know him. As she knew, he was probably the most awkward with her, and she didn't want to be. No matter how many times Yejin has denied that she wanted another friend other than Chanyeol in the past, it just happened to be true.

"One more minute until you're finally eighteen, Sehun-ah!" Kyungsoo commented from his left, patting Sehun on the back. Sehun himself had a wide smile on his face, and he seemed to forget all about whatever was on his mind earlier. Now, he was just glad he could spend his birthday with his bestest friends and an unexpected girl he just so happened to want to know more about so desperately.

"C'mon, make a wish now." Chanyeol said, nodding his head towards the cake that was going to melt sometime soon.

Sehun simply nodded his head, taking one last glance at Yejin who was still probably trying to avoid his gaze. She continued to look down at the candles on the cake, rubbing her eyes a little after. She really wasn't going to give in, was she?

He then directed his attention back to the cake, squeezing his eyes shut. At that exact time, he still wondered what his wish was going to be. He didn't know yet, but he did know that he didn't want the wish to reflect on the rest of his life. He simply wanted a wish that would reflect on what he would want to happen soon, or never. Maybe a new video game? A 100 for the English exam next week? He didn't know.

"Make it a good one, you've got ten seconds." Jongin said, placing his hand on Sehun's shoulder from his right.

Sehun nodded obediently, making sure that it was a good one. He finally knew what his wish was, and he wanted it to happen. It didn't have to happen, but it'd be best for his happiness if it did.

"1, 2, 3!"

I wish the delivery girl will open up for me in the future.

_______________________________________❀_______________________________________

The group of teenagers were back in the living room, this time watching a movie that Sehun picked out from the store. It was 'Big Hero 6' with Korean subtitles, because this specific group never bared to pay attention in English class since the teacher was always talking about crap they didn't understand one single bit. It was creepy how simliar they could be, including Yejin.

"I can't believe you picked an animated movie, Sehun. Right, Yejinnie?" Chanyeol sighed, shutting off the lights before returning back to the floor.

"Uh, yeah." Yejin replied.

Everyone was comfortable seated in the place they prefered--Yejin on the couch, Sehun conveniently sat beside  her, Suho and Kyungsoo being the last two on the couch.

On the carpeted floor, Chanyeol, Jongin, and Baekhyun sat against the couch comfortable, one large blanket enveloping the three. Yejin and Sehun had to share one large blanket together while Suho and Kyungsoo shared another, and no matter how many times Yejin protested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter