The Big One-Eight

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin plopped down on the couch beside Baekhyun who was currently absorbed in sorrowly eating his chips. He definitely noticed that Yejin had arried after peeking out of the corner of his eye, but he decided to pretend not to notice at all. It didn't work though, because as soon as Yejin showed up, Baekhyun tensed up and she couldn't help but to notice all too well.

Baekhyun himself didn't know why he acted like this--mad and stressed that he didn't win some stupid video game. Whenever he played with the others, he barely lost but when he did, he'd act all angry and disappointed for about a minute or so and the disappointment would drop and everything would go back to normal.

But today wasn't just any loss. He lost against a girl. Then again, Yejin wasn't just any girl, as we all knew. Everyone who knew Yejin personally, or even through a friend could not stress enough that she was someone you just had to get used to to actually enjoy your time with her around. Otherwise, you'd be screaming for help and constantly getting a painful stab in the heart from some heartless comment about something you just happen to enjoy. 

"Oh, look. Baby face here is actually angry because he lost in a damn game." Yejin snickered, keeping her distance from him on the couch as she began some meaningless conversation about a stupid game. It wasn't even that good of a game. Yejin might've been good at it, but each time Chanyeol put the disc in the xbox, she might as well kill herself.

Baekhyun cleared his through, shrugging. "I'm not mad. Why would you think I'm mad?"

Yejin let out a cold laugh. "It was just an assumption."

"Well your assumption was wrong, believe it or not." Baekhyun spat, popping a chip in his mouth. His fingers were smothered with salt, and he was sure he was going to get a bunch of kankersores in a few days time. 

With a frustrated sigh, Yejin adjusted her position on the couch into a cross legged position, facing the T.V that still projected the same game the two opponents previously played a little while ago. This time, Suho took a chance at playing against Jongin, and he was definitely going to get killed within the next few seconds. Suho's health bar was basically 99% red, 1% green. 

And guess what? He died.

"Alright, fine." Yejin simply shrugged, watching as Suho demanded a remath against the tanner guy, hitting him with his controller repeatedly. "You're not mad, I'm not mad--everything's fine, right? Like, you're not the least bit affected by the fact that a girl beat you in some stupid and pointless game? You're not mad at the fact that you're place as the supposed 'Gaming Master' is taken, right? Nobody should be surprised-- you're not that good, anyway."

Baekhyun pursed his lips, keeping his stare strictly facing forward towards the T.V. That one hurt, but he tried his very hardest not to show that it did. He popped one last chip into his mouth before placing the bowl on the table in front of him, wiping  his fingers afterwards. He finally faced Yejin, forcing a smile on his face that looked way too fake to even be a smile.

Yes, Yejin was completely right. He was affected by that fact that he was beat by a girl and his spot as the 'Gaming Master' was taken by that specific girl.

"Nope. Not the least bit affected."

Yejin pondered for a moment before nodding her head, She snickered at how Baekhyun had obviously forced a smile on his baby-like face. She decided not to speak anymore and just sit in silence, watching the current fighting match between Suho and Jongin's game characters. She was just waiting for the moment where Baekhyun would finally explode, and reveal the truth that Yejin already knew about.

In the process, Yejin's eyes wandered elsewhere and unexpectedly met with Sehun's. He was staring at her without much of an expression on his face. It was strange--how the guy that Yejin was probably the least close with out of everyone else stared at her for some odd reason. He looked.. Curious, actually.

Either Yejin had something on her face or... Yejin just couldn't think of anything else. Did he like her? Because when it came to Yejin, it would be pretty--no, extremely difficult to believe. She was Kang Yejin. Who would ever like her despite her ever lasting unforgivable attitude and personality? Some, including Yejin herself, believed she'd probably die without a partner because of how she acted sometimes. Her last words would probably be an insult towards Chanyeol's gaming skills.

So in the end, Yejin probably just had something on her face.

She was about to feel around her face, searching for any signs of extra jajangmyeon sauce Sehun purposely or forgot to wipe off until Baekhyun finally let out a dinosaur-like groan, standing up from the couch. He squeezed his eyes shut, palms clenched in tight fists, a feeling of victory over coming in Yejin's body. He was finally gonna blow.

"Alright! I'm angry that I got beat by a girl, despite the fact that I'm basically the gaming expert around here." Baekhyun relievingly let out the truth. He made it seem like an awfully huge deal, which it really wasn't. This whole time, Yejin just treated it like some silly little joke where she'd be able to win in the end even if it wasn't meant to be a game. Though, it did start out as a literal a game.

"Not anymore you aren't!" Chanyeol snickered from the background. By now, all eyes were on Baekhyun and it seemed like he just noticed, because right when Chanyeol randomly shouted from the background, he tensed completely and looked like someone had just murdered someone right in front of him.

A bunch of other snickers followed after Chanyeol's as Baekhyun's face b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter