Prolouge

Delivery Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Great! You're back."

Yejin strolled in the practically empty Chinese food shop (with two other high school students she didn't know of, and she didn't plan to) with an empty duffle bag by her side. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder and nodded her head towards her Aunt Soljin emotionlessly. Aunt Soljin didn't think too much of it whenever she looked like an emotionless human most of the time--it was completely normal. Yejin didn't like to show her emotions that much, anyway. There was only that one time where her least favourite teacher, Mr. Choi slipped on a banana peel that was thrown onto the hallway and she burst out laughing to the point where her insides hurt really badly and she had to rest in the nurses office.

Yejin walked behind the counter and sat on the old and rusty stool in the corner, heaving out a tired sigh. She's been running deliveries since noon, and the time was already eight o'clock at night leaving her in supreme exaughstion. It didn't help lift up Yejin's mood when she happened to deliver five bowls of jajangmyeon to 14-15 year old boys who by the way were extremely rude and didn't even bare to say thank you, nor pay the full price. She was this close to slapping their faces until their skin peeled off, that's how mad she was.

Aunt Soljin stepped out of the kitchen clumsily, struggling to hold several containers full of jajangmyeon in her hands. It would've looked like at least ten containers stacked in her hands, but there were really only seven of them.

Yejin furrowed her eyebrows at the abnormal amount of jajangmyeon in her Aunt's hand, standing up with a confused sigh. She at least had to be a good niece for her aunt, so she helped by grabbing four of those containers full of jajangmyeon and scurried to place them on the counter. With a small grunt, Yejin looked up at her aunt who wiped the black bean sauce off of her hands with a nearby cloth.

"Don't tell me I have to deliver all that crap." Yejin groaned, sitting back down on the stool in a hunched position.

Aunt Soljin nodded, throwing the dirty cloth on the counter. "Hey, don't call my food crap. And yes, you're gonna have to deliver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter