EIGHT

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 8 

 

The room is bare of light, the lack of brightness from the moon outside the window added more darkness to the room. A sound of grumbling can be heard in the corner and a figure slowly stood up from the double-deck bed that was beside the wall. Blinded by the darkness, the figure remained seated and looked around for any sign of familiarity in the room. Suddenly, the door opened and a man came inside, switching the light on the process. The figure on the bed belongs to Maya, who just woke up from unciousness after the earlier accident. She squinted her eyes, attempting to adjust her vision from the sudden blast of light in the room and slowly, recognize the man who arrived in the room. He approached her with a calmed smile, handing her a glass of water. Maya took the glass and gulped the water down in a second, suddenly thirsty as if a desert formed on .

 

“How are you feeling? Does your head hurt?” he asked.

“I’m fine but my head does trob a bit.” Maya sheepishly smiled, touching the part of her head that was hurting. It must be where she hit her head earlier.

The two awkwardly sat in silence, feeling uncomfortable in the unknown place and as the two tried to relief the deafening situation when a knock broke their awkward silence. Another man came inside, a familiar man she met a few hours ago before the incident happened.

“Oh. You’re awake. How are you?” he asked Maya.

“She said she’s fine hyung, but her head hurts a bit.” Tao answered for her.

Unable to comprehend anything, Maya just listened to their conversation feeling a little out of place. Tao turned around to face her and saw her baffled look causing the man to laugh uncontrollably. The other man who also saw her look couldn’t hide the trace of a smile forming on his stoic face. When Maya realized that they were laughing at her, she gave an annoyed pouty face that brought even more laughter for Tao. Seeing as the two wouldn’t stop mocking her, she glared at them, giving her murderous glare that halted Tao’s laugh to a frightened look.

“Ahem. Sorry for the late introduction. The name’s Kris. Kris Wu. And you are?” Kris took the first step and introduced himself, extending his hands towards Maya for a handshake.

“Maya. Maya Kim.” she replied accepting Kris’ friendly offering and shook hands.  After that, the three of them went back to a deafening awkwardness and Maya looked around the room to analyze her location.

“Where am I and what happened?” she asked.

“You’re in our dorm and you don’t remember what happened?” Tao asked, puzzled.

“I only remember the time when Tao and I were blocked by the two men. After that...I don’t remember anything.” she stated, trying to recollect her memories but nothing came..

Tao and Kris gave each other a look and decided to fill her in.

 

Tao was having a fierce fight with the two men while Maya hid behind him. This was tougher than all the fights he had before since he cannot use his abilities because it would not only scare Maya but expose the vampire community. And he didn’t want that so he fought without his powers. He drew his katana out, as uncool as it may seem to use an ancient sword in a street fight like this. But well, this isn’t a typical street fight so its not counted. Unaware of the person behind him, he didn’t notice that Maya was knocked on the ground unconscious. He also didn’t notice the upcoming man creeping towards Maya; to their luck perhaps Maya’s luck, Kris was approaching towards them and saw Maya. Without any hesitations, he drew his revolver and aimed his silver bullet towards the man. Thanks to his silencer, she wouldn’t know about the gunshot and neither would the entire neighbourhood. Kris then quickly ran towards her and examine if she was hurt. He had tried to wake her up, called her name and shook her awake but she never budge. Tao who heard Kris call her name frantically, rushed beside Maya as well.

Please log in to read the full chapter