FIVE

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 5

 

White misty fog covered the beautiful landscape of the forest. In that beautiful area, a dark figure is seen chasing a man, woman and a their daughter. The man running behind the two women protecting them as they run away from the man behind. Their daughter whose small hand is securely holding her mother’s hand keep stumbling on big roots; the dusk covered in fog didn’t help their exile either as they could barely see through the surroundings. They have been running in that forest for a while as the child have scrapes on her legs and she stumbled on the ground, her mother almost forgetting her, the man behind caught up with them and grabbed the child…

 

Maya abruptly woke up from her nightmare, sweats covered her entire face as if she’d ran a marathon. It was one of those peculiar dream again, where she sees a family running away from someone only to wake up when the child gets caught by the unknown man. She dream repeats itself over and over again her entire life but she has no idea what it was and who they are. Reaching for a glass of water on her bedside table, Maya inhaled and exhaled trying to calm herself. When she calmed down, Maya reached for her phone and saw that it was 12:25 already. She needed to check out by 13:00 so she rushed to get herself ready. Luckily, she already packed her belongings last night so she doesn’t need to scramble around for her things. After making sure that she didn’t forget anything, Maya left for Express Checkout.

 

It took her an hour by taxi to reach her new apartment. Since she already have her keys, Maya just went straight to her flat. Despite the cheap price, the room was already accommodated with basic furniture. The kitchen is fully furnished with pots, stove and fridge, a L-shaped bed couch that look decent enough for her to use tonight and a full closet. Before settling her baggages down, Maya did a general cleaning first, borrowing a sweep and mop and some dry cloth to clean the entire room.

“Now that looks like home.” Maya said as she look at her masterpiece. Tired from all the cleaning, Maya sat down on the couch. “I’m starving, I need food.”

Maya, who has a habit of keeping instant food on her bag saved her a trip to the convenient store. It was already 21:45 and going outside would be too dangerous. Speaking of dangerous, she was reminded of last night’s incident and small giggle escaped through .

 

            *Am I going to die? Am I going to see mom and dad in heaven now? Is this how I’m gonna die* She chanted in her head, frightened for her life as she witness an unbelievable and horrifying scenario in front of her. Since her eyes were closed, she did not see anything after the men’s eyes turned red so she did not know when the men disappeared and when the man came. But she recognized him; that panda eyes that made her world stop for a second. The same beautiful eyes that drawn her like a moth to a flame. And those same eyes calmed her down and in addition to his million watt smile made her feel safer.

 

“Are you alright, miss?” the man’s question broke her trance and realized her situation. Still anxious, she looked around for any sign of the two men.

“They’re gone. You’re safe now.” he said as he stretched his hands and helped her stood up.

“You should be careful next time. This place is quite dangerous especially at night and on a full moon.” In dazed, Maya stared at him, her feelings shaken by the foreign man in front of her. Her knight and shining armour, perhaps?

“Thank you.” The only word she can utter that time.

“Are you hurt anywhere?”

“Ah...ah… no I’m fine.” She tried to walk only to fail as she topple, only to be caught by him.

“See? You are hurt.” he pointed out.

“No I’m fine...Probably from the shock...”

His hand encircled on her waist and their closeness made her uncomfortable. He did save her from another fall but that doesn’t mean he can cling to her easily like that. She slowly pushed him away and she tried to balance herself so she could walk properly.

“Are you sure

Please log in to read the full chapter