TEN

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 10

 

Maya was sitting in one of the many couches in their spacious living room. Tao and Kris left and disappeared somewhere in the building; she was sitting uncomfortably since there were eight pair of eyes that were staring at her. Maya was surrounded by eight guys, two of them she knew and the rest she haven’t seen before. Minseok and Jongdae gave her a welcoming smile while the others had a confused looked in their faces, they were confused as to why was there a girl in their living room. Suddenly one of the guys broke the silence,

 

“May I ask, who is this pretty lady here?” he asked with his deep voice.

 

“She’s younger than you Chanyeol.” Minseok corrected him.

 

“Oh. She is? Hi my name is Chanyeol. How about you, what’s your name?”

 

“Chanyeol she won’t understand you -”

 

“Why not? Isn’t she Korean?” Baekhyun said cutting off Jongdae who was trying to explain.

 

“Yes. She is Korean but -”

 

“Then she can understand me!” Chanyeol exclaimed, not fully letting him explain the situation. Chanyeol, despite his physique and age can act quite immature but it is due to his vibrant personality. Him and Baekhyun are the mood-maker of the team however, it causes the other boys so much stress from their loudness.

 

“Will the two of you let me finish what I’m trying to say instead of cutting me off!” Jongdae yelled at the two, losing his temper once again at the troublemakers.

 

“Yes, She’s Korean but she doesn’t know or understand our language because she grew up in Canada. That’s why we need to speak in English.”

 

The troublemakers cowered away in embarrassment.

 

On the other hand, Maya couldn’t comprehend any of their conversation and remained quiet, just observing their actions. She felt like an alien in a foreign room with boys who seems to act like they were family. This made her uncomfortable and isolated; the couple of months of stay in Korea felt even more stranger to her with no family or friend, even more so surrounded by these men.

 

One of the guys noticed her discomfort approached her, extending his hand for a handshake,

 

“Hi. My name is Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon Kim.”

 

“Maya. Maya Kim.” Maya said shaking his hand, relief to find someone she can understand.

 

“Nice to meet you, Maya” He said, flashing her his angelic smile. Maya studied him closely, seeing as how he initiated a proper introduction first, guessed that he’s the oldest or the one in charge.

 

He’s very handsome, and that fair skin...how unfair! His skin is better than mine!

“Nice to meet you too.”

 

“Sorry about those two idiots for making too much noise. I’m Kyungsoo by the way. Kyungsoo Do.” A guy with a curious round eyes spoke to her and stretched his hand. Maya shook his hand and chuckled.

 

“Yah! Kyungsoo! who are you calling idiots?” both Chanyeol and Baekhyun said at the same time.

 

“Hi, Let me introduce myself again too you. I’m Chanyeol Park and this midget over here is Baekhyun Byun.”

 

“Yah! Who are you calling midget? you gaint!”

 

Maya looked at them confused, “Bacon? His name is Bacon? Who would name their child Bacon?”

 

The entire room fell quiet for a second before everyone bursted laughing. Her reaction was hilarious to them but Maya astounded.

 

“Did I say something funny?” she asked.

 

“It’s because you said my name wrong. Now they’re gonna make it a joke of the century.” Baekhyun pouted at her, upset. Well it does sound like Bacon.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. I must have misheard him. It sounded like Bacon to me.” she said innocently, still not figuring the sudden burst of laughter.

 

“It’s Baekhyun. Baek-hyun not bacon.”

 

“Hyung, don’t scare her.” a very y, handsome man with a beautiful sun-kissed tan  walked up to her and bowed courteously.

 

“Hey beautiful lady, the name’s Jongin Kim but  you can call me your husband since you’re already using my last name.” Mischievously, he said as he took the back of her hand and gave it a light peck.

 

Maya was blushing, who wouldn’t when a beautiful man like him daringly introduces himself in such way? It was also the first time that someone did something like that to her.

Jongin looked and smirked, pleased to see the reaction he expected to see. Mentally patting himself in the back for that smooth move.

The disgusting cheesy gesture was broken when someone smacked Jongin in the head, destroying the image of shoujo manga fantasy for Maya.

 

“I’m sorry that you had to deal with that playboy. My name’s Yixing Zhang. And it’s nice to meet a pretty girl like you Maya.” The man named Yixing smiled showing his cute dimples, to which Maya found very attractive. Jongin may be a sweet talker but Yixing’s smile with his dimples showing is more enchanting that she unconsciously stared at him for a second.

“By the way I wouldn’t get too close to Jongin unless you want to end up pregnant.” Yixing added with a serious face. Maya’s eyes went wide and looked at Jongin in utter surprise and distrust, even worse, everyone seemed to agree with Yixing.

 

“Yah! Yixing hyung what the hell are you telling her? I haven’t even impregnate anyone yet!” Jongin protested.

 

“Right you haven’t impregnate anyone ‘yet’ means there is a possibility that it’ll happened in the future.” Baekhyun snickered as he and Chanyeol continued to bully Jongin

Please log in to read the full chapter