ELEVEN

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jeju-do, South Korea

 

In the middle of Gotjawal Forest, a peculiar castle-like building stands surrounded by large trees and bushes, as if to hide the intricate building. The bright full moon illuminates the medieval castle, creating a mysterious and dark aura. The sound of soft winds ruffling the trees and bushes surrounds the serene place and inside the castle, two young men in formal clothing is being escorted to a hidden passageway. At the end of the tunnel, is a secret office, occupied by General Yunho when he requires his Elites for an extremely private audience.

 

“Hyung, why do you think Kris hyung was told to sent as here?” The younger man asked in hushed voice.

 

“I don't know Sehun but we’ll find out when we get to the office.” Luhan replied. If he was worried or concerned about the special meeting, it didn’t show in his face.

 

“But Luhan hyung, why are we the only one’s being called? Why not Kris hyung or Suho hyung?”

 

“Just stop asking questions! We’ll know when we get there.”

 

The two of them stop walking when they reach a wooden double door. A huge image of the Tree of Life is carved onto it, indicating that the room is exclusive for the twelve Elites’ purpose. Luhan, being the oldest initiated opening the wide door. Upon opening, A tall figure is seen staring at the portrait of the twelve emblems adjacent to the round table set in the middle of the room.

 

“General Yunho, You’ve called for us?”

 

Yunho turned around to see Luhan and Sehun by the entrance.

 

“Come in.”

 

The door emitted a soft creaking sound as Luhan pushed to close it. Inside, the room is plain and simple, with the emblem portrait and a tapestry of the Royal Castle in England decorate the walls. Four rectangular side table encloses the corners of the room, each decorated with antique vases and ceramics that seem to date back in Joseon and Goryeo Era. In front of Yunho is a man who looks about 30 years in human age is sitting at the table, his arms crossed and eyes closed.

 

Unfamiliar to the two mean, they walked closely to the table and sat, their senses alert in front of the strange man. Vampires and their trust issues with strangers. They looked at the man and back to Yunho awaiting for an introduction.

 

“Nice to you see you boys.” Yunho greeted.

 

“It’s nice to see you too General.” They said in unison as they bow their head.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to just call me hyung.”

 

“Hyung it is.” the maknae said with a smile.

 

“Now, Luhan and Sehun, I’ve called both of you here from the request of Mr. Jung Jihoon. He is Consul Park’s assistant.”

 

Hearing the Council President’s name jerked both of them off their seats and the fact that he’s also the Consul’s assistant, the two men instantly greeted him with a bow and introduced themselves.

“It’s nice to meet both of you.”

 

Rain extended his hand to them for a handshake and the boys gladly took it.

 

“Straight to business. I have a mission for both of you. A very important and confidential mission. You must keep the information private to the people inside this room and those who you could trust with your life. Do you promise?” Jihoon stated very firmly.

 

“We swear on the oath of Juyeok Elites, we promise to keep this mission private.” Luhan and Sehun swore in unison.

 

Yunho looked at Jihoon indicating for him to explain what the mission he has for the boys. Luhan and Sehun shifted their attention to Jihoon, eager to know about this mission.

 

“I am ordered to reopen a mystery case of a death of a young vampire 12 years ago. There is no specific reason why both of your are chosen instead but I would require that you do your best in solving this case.”

 

“What’s the case about if you don't mind me asking?” Luhan politely asked.

 

“12 years ago, a notable family of vampire was attacked while in Canada. The man and woman were a crucial family friend of the Consul. He wants to find his niece no matter and leads that she may be alive resurfaces again after a decade.”

 

“Niece? The Consul Jiyoung Park has a niece?”

Luhan thought to himself, reading through the secret puzzle in Jihoon’s explanation.

 

“This would be a great opportunity for us Elites. Opportunity and recognition.”

Sehun thought to himself.

 

“I will give you all the files about the case so you can start doing your research as soon as possible. We are expecting a lot from you. Do well.” With that, Jihoon stood and shook both Luhan and Sehun’s hands again and disappeared through the secret door leading to Yunho’s office.

 

Luhan and Sehun bough release a sigh of relief as if they’ve been holding their breath since the conversation. The mission seems to be a difficult case and with Jihoon’s expectations, the two men can hardly contain themselves in anxiety.

 

“Luhan, Sehun.” Yunho called.

 

“I want you to be careful. Do your best but be extra careful as well. This mission can put your guard down in other aspects so don’t forget that aside from this assignment, you are also

Please log in to read the full chapter