SIX

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Bold words are in Korean. :) CHAPTER 6

 

 

Maya woke up from the sound of her alarm the next morning. She doesn’t set her alarm that often but now that she has a job, she will need a wake up call everyday for work. It was already 11:00 and her shift starts at 13:00, she’d have enough time to prepare for work. Arriving at the cafe, she clocked in first then headed for the till. She was assigned to take orders first before the barista clocks off so she can take her spot. With her non-existent Korean skills, she was actually nervous when a man came up to the counter and stated that he wants his regular order. Taken aback by the man’s demands, she asked the man what was his usual order. The man was too busy staring on his phone to notice that she’s a new employee that he was about to scold her, only to realize she’s an unfamiliar face.

 

“Medium Cappuccino, please. And substitute milk with cream. Thank you.”

Maya charged his order and as he payed, she went to make the coffee herself. It seems that the barista is doing its last minute clean up before leaving so she has to make the coffee herself.

 

“You must be new here?” the man asked as he received the coffee from Maya.

“Ah yeah.”

“Ah...Sorry about earlier. I expected a usual cashier and I always order here.”

“Do you order the same thing everyday, sir?”

“Yup. Cappuccino is practically my water, and this place sells the best one too.”

“Then I shall remember your order for next time!”

“What’s your name, btw? You’ll be making my coffee in the future, I shall know your name too.”

“I’m Maya. Then do I get positive feedback as well? For the Employee of the Month thing?” she joked.

“Absolutely. We can totally work on that. The name’s Minseok, by the way so you don’t have to call me sir all the time. Makes me feel old.”

“How old are you then?”

“Haha. I’m 25.”

“Then you’re old.” Maya jest and the man’s face turned sour but replaced with a laugh after. A joke taken lightly by the man.

The man said his goodbye and was about to leave when his phone rang.

“Oh, Chen? You want some Americano? The usual? Sure.”

Maya, who did not understand a single thing in his conversation, stared at him with her eye doll eyes.

“I would like some Medium Americano please.” He said as he took out his card and headed to the till to pay for it. His friend, who’s suppose to meet with him today is late as usual and demanded him to order a cup of his favourite Americano.

“Would that be all, Minseok-ssi?”

“Double cream and single sugar on it please. Thank you.”

Again, Maya made the coffee as the man paid with his card.


 

As soon as Minseok left the cafe, he bumped with his friend in front the store. The poor lad panting from running as he was late from their meet-up.

 

“Jongdae, You’re late!”

“Sorry hyung, traffic.” his lame excuse didn’t work on the man as he ruffled his already messy hair in embarrassment.

“Your Americano.” playing upset, he handed the coffee to the man forcefully.

“Thank you, I owe you.”

“Of course you do.”

“Hmm...This taste different. Better kind of different.”

Please log in to read the full chapter