Chapter 7

Rain Sound

“Here, drink some water.” Leo said softly as he handed Ji Min a glass of water from the kitchen. He was worried about her after she cried for so long in Won Woo’s arms. He wanted to make sure she rehydrated herself.

“T-Thanks.” She accepted the water from him as she was seated beside Won Woo who had his hand resting on her back. She had finally calmed down from crying earlier when they reunited. Leo took a seat across the table with Hana who was watching the two with mixed emotions on her face. He smiled and quietly took her hand into his, hoping it would comfort her just a little. As for Hyuk, he had left after bringing Ji Min to Hana’s place. He had things to do and would come back later.

“Please, don’t cry anymore tears today.” Won Woo said with a hint of laughter to Ji Min.

“I’m sorry!” She frowned, turning to him. “I was just so happy to see you!”

“I know.” He smiled. “But you’ll get sick if you cry too much.” A faint tone of worry could be heard in his voice as he tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. “Be careful.”

Once again, the tears found their way to her eyes. It was really hard to believe this was real. He was actually here right now, sitting next to her… it was something she swore would never happen again, her parents seemed so serious about her never going back to Seoul.

“Don’t cry!” Won Woo pouted. “Drink the water!”

“Okay, okay!” She gave a sad chuckle before taking a sip of the water Leo had given her.

After drinking about half the glass, she let out a deep sigh. Her mind was still trying to process everything, it was the same for Won Woo. Leo and Hana remained quiet.

“Baby?” Won Woo broke the silence that fell upon them. JI Min smiled that he was calling her that way like he did back before everything went downhill. “Let’s go do something… me and you.” He had a small smile on his lips as he took her hand into his.

She nodded, happy he asked. She looked towards Hana and Leo who gave encouraging smiles, telling them to go. With that, the two got up and left the house, hand in hand.

 

 

Since the weather was a bit chilly, they headed to a cafe while they were out to get some hot chocolate. They sat in a booth in the back, Ji Min was leaning against Won Woo as they relaxed, taking a sip of hot chocolate here and there. They did as much catching up as they could in the short time before a few girls from Ji Min’s school spotted her.

“Ji Min!” They smiled in greeting as they approached her before noticing her leaning on an extremely attractive guy. They were so surprised since well… they attend an all girls school. “U-Uh… who is this?!”

“Oh!” Ji Min blushed, sitting up before giving Won Woo a small glance. He only just smiled at her, giving an understanding look. He was okay if she called him her friend. “My boyfriend.” She answered. Her answer surprised him slightly.

“Boyfriend?!” The girls exclaimed, looks of shock and jealousy on their faces.

“Are they your friends?” Won Woo asked, sitting up in his seat a little more and leaned forward on the table.

“Yes, we’re friends of hers!” The girls beamed, excited he looked interested in them. He only chuckled at their quick answer.

“Well, if you girls don’t mind… I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Ji Min before I have to go back to Seoul.”

“You live in Seoul?”

“Yeah. I’m only here for the weekend.” He said with a small sigh.

“Awhhh~!” They frowned looking to Ji Min who had a faint smile. “So this is like a long distance type of relationship?”

“Something like that.” She nodded.

“Then we’ll leave you two alone! Sorry to bother you!” They quickly backed away, giving them a wave before leaving.

When they were gone, Won Woo noticed the worried look on Ji Min’s face. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I don’t know… I’m just a little worried. Their parents are friends with my parents.” She explained. “I hope they don’t tell their parents about this. Surely my parents will be upset again…” suddenly her entire expression fell. “What if they send me off to the states sooner?!”

“Shhh, calm down. It’s okay.” He pulled her to his side. “I won’t let that happen.”

“But…”

“Trust me.” He held her closer. “I’m never letting you go. I’m going to hold on as tight as I can.”

“Won Woo…” she could feel the tears surfacing again as she cuddled closer to him.

 

 

On their walk back to Hana’s house, they ran into Hyuk who happened to be on his way there, too.

“Oh, you two went out?” He asked with a happy smile.

“Yeah, went and got some hot chocolate.” Ji Min nodded, a huge grin on her face.

“That sounds really good! Do you think Hana has any at her house?”

“Beats me.” Ji Min shrugged.

“Anyway,” Hyuk chuckled before facing Won Woo, “How long were you here again?”

“Just for the weekend.” He sighed. “I’m leaving tomorrow evening back to Seoul with Leo.”

“Aw, that . I wish you could have stayed longer…” Hyuk frowned looking to Ji Min who had a dejected look on her face. She didn’t want Won Woo to leave… ever. “Hey… what if you just go back with him?” He suddenly said, his words directed at Ji Min.

“What?” She looked at him surprised. “You mean… go back with Won Woo?”

“Yeah! Just go with him! Your parents are too busy with work to even come home at decent hours…”

“What about school?” She was worried about the consequences that came with just up and leaving.

“I’m sure your brothers can work that out for you.” He assured her. “You belong in Seoul… Ji Min.”

“Ah, you’re going to make me cry!” She brought a hand up to cover her eyes.

“Sorry!” He apologized with a hint of laughter. “But really, Ji Min, just go with them tomorrow. As your friend, I really want to see you happy. You’re not happy here. So go with them.”

“Okay… I will.” She nodded. “Thanks, Hyuk.”

“No problem!” He smiled. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go get some hot chocolate. I’ll meet you guys back at Hana’s, then!” He gave a small wave before heading the way they just came from.

“Are you really going to go back with us?” Won Woo asked, curiosity in his tone. She seemed a bit hesitant when Hyuk suggested it.

“I want to.” She nodded. “I’m just worried about what happens after is all…”

“Everything will be okay.” He pulled her close to give her a hug. “I said it before… I’m never letting you go again.”

Ji Min held onto him tighter in their embrace. She really hoped things would go smoothly tomorrow.

 

...

 

It was already the next day, Sunday, as Won Woo woke up in the guest room of Hana’s house. He was stretching when he noticed the time, it was almost noon. He shot up in bed, shoving the covers off and ran out of the room all the way down to the kitchen where Leo was sitting at the table drinking some hot chocolate as Hana was making lunch.

“Ah, you’re finally awake!” Hana smiled over to him.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to sleep in.” He apologized, walking over to take a seat at the table with Leo. He had been up late texting Ji Min who just couldn’t sleep, she missed him so much already despite they’d see each other again soon.

“That’s okay.” Leo smiled. “Though… I’m sorry to say we have to leave sooner than I thought.”

“What?” Won Woo frowned, looking at him quickly.

“Something came up and I need to get home asap. We’ll be leaving after lunch.”

Won Woo just sighed and looked down.

“C’mon, cheer up.” Hana said while placing a plate of food in front of him. “Eat up and then get ready.” She patted him on the shoulder.

At that moment, the front door opened and they could hear two people rush in with stuff.

“Just because your stuff is in a duffle bag, doesn’t mean you should throw it on the ground!” Hyuk shouted as footsteps were heard rushing to the kitchen. There was Ji Min, in her snow jacket trying to catch her breath.

“Wow, you got here fast.” Leo held back a laugh. He had texted Hyuk about leaving early, since they discussed Ji Min going back with him and Won Woo, he had Hyuk fetch Ji Min.

“Won Woo~!” Ji Min smiled, making her way over to him, grabbing him into a tight hug in his seat.

“Aish, seriously!” Hyuk came in with a scolding tone. “It’s like nothing else matters when he’s around! Take off your jacket!”

“Can you blame her?” Won Woo chuckled, ing her jacket for her. Hyuk took her jacket back to the front while Ji Min took a seat close to Won Woo. Hana then placed a plate of food in front of her.

“You packed all your stuff?” Hana asked as she finally joined them at the table with Hyuk.

“She already packed the moment she got home, yesterday!” Hyuk answered for her. “Did you notice she’s still wearing her PJs? She packed everything… everything.” Everyone at the table laughed at his expression.

“I don’t have much to begin with, so I thought why not. Save the trouble of doing it later. My parents don’t come in my room anyway. They barely came in after midnight.” Ji Min sighed before taking a bite of her food.

“Which is why you need to leave. They’re not taking care of you at all by coming in so late like that.” Hana said in a protective tone. “I don’t understand why they’re so blind to realize you were better off in Seoul. Snatching you back all because of one grade… honestly.” She clicked her tongue, sounding beyond annoyed. “And now they wanna ship you off to the states by yourself?! I don’t think their elevator goes to the top level!”

“It might be difficult at first… but I think this will be their wakeup call.” Leo pointed out. “They’ll have no choice but to open their eyes on the situation and admit maybe they were wrong.”

“I sure hope so.” Ji Min said in a worried tone.

“Whatever happens, I’m gonna be there with you.” Won Woo took her hand into his and held it tight. Those words were what she really needed to hear right now, she was doubting her decision… but now she knew it was probably the best decision.

“Thanks… Won Woo.” She gave a smile before leaning on him.

 

...

 

After eating lunch, Hyuk and Hana helped Leo load up the car with Ji Min’s stuff. It was time to go now.

“I’m gonna miss you!” Ji Min whined as she gave Hyuk a huge hug. “Thanks for everything! I’ll be sure to keep in contact! We need to visit each other, too!”

“You’re welcome. That sounds like a plan!” He smiled after they parted. “Take care of yourself… do things that make you happy, alright? Don’t let your parents control your life.”

“I will! I’ll make sure they don’t interfere in my happiness anymore!” She nodded, getting a little emotional.

“Ready to go?” Leo asked from the driver’s seat.

“Yes!” Ji Min nodded, skipping over to his car after one more final hug to Hyuk and Hana.

“Just a second.” Won Woo held up his hand before turning to face Hyuk.

“Your second is up, let’s go!” Ji Min called over from the side of the car.

“Seriously?!” He laughed, looking back at her.

“Okay, okay! Make it quick!” She giggled before getting into the back seat.

“I just wanted to thank you for looking out for her all this time… and for connecting us together again.” Won Woo said, a sincere smile on his face.

“No problem, I’m happy I was able to help you two. It really how things went down, but that’s in the past now. Hopefully things will get better from here on out.” Hyuk replied, giving a thumbs up. “I’m rooting for you two!”

“Thanks.” Won Woo chuckled at his excited tone. “Take care of yourself, too.” He gave him a small pat on the shoulder. He turned to Hana who was holding back tears, she was already missing her friends and they haven’t even left yet! “Noona, take care of yourself too.” He waved before turning around to leave.

“What?! I don’t get a hug?!” She complained, pulling him back into a bone crushing hug.

“Ahhh~! Okay! Let go! My spine!” He yelped as she squeezed him even tighter while laughing. Once she let him go, he stumbled back, a look of annoyance on his face. “Why do I feel like you do that on purpose?!”

“I’m just showing how much I love you!” She only smiled.

“Yeah, well I’d love it if you could not nearly break my spine when you hug me!” He said, holding his back with his arm as he walked over to Leo’s car.

“Such a baby!” She teased after him. “Get home safely! See you soon!” She added on.

When he got into the car, Ji Min was giggling as Won Woo sat in his seat, still holding onto his back. “What are you laughing at, huh?” He pouted at her.

“Nothing!” She stopped, looking out the window, a silly smile on her face.

Leo smiled at the their interaction before starting the car. “Everyone buckled up?” He asked. The two nodded and with that, they left Hana’s parking lot to start their journey back to Seoul.

 

 

Two hours into the trip, Leo pulled into a gas station to fill up his car as well as get some snacks for the kids in the back seat. He chuckled to himself as he discovered they were sleeping, their heads leaning opposite ways but they were connected by their hand holding. It was so cute, too cute that Leo pulled out his phone and snapped a picture. He immediately sent it to her older brothers and his friends. They were thrilled to see Ji Min with Won Woo after such a long time.

He filled up his car and bought the snacks before returning to the road.

 

 

It felt like deja vu as Won Woo woke up twenty minutes before their arrival back in Seoul. Noticing the familiar scenery, he frowned before he felt something in his hand. He looked to his left to see Ji Min sitting in the other seat, holding his hand while fast asleep. “So it wasn’t a dream…” he mumbled, relieved.

“You’re awake?” Leo asked as they pulled up to a stop light. “Hungry?”

“Yeah.” He replied, rubbing his eye tiredly. Leo handed back a small bag of snacks before the light turned green again. “Thanks.”

“Maybe you should wake her up too, we’re almost there.”

Won Woo nodded while setting the bag down. He looked in the bag first and noticed one of her favorite treats in it. He pulled it out and held it up to her face before whispering, “Ji Min, do you want a Choco Pie?”

“Hmm?” She stirred in her sleep. “Yes… please.”

Won Woo couldn’t help but laugh as she reached out to grab air.

“Yah, wake up!” He gently nudged her, placing the Choco Pie in her hand for her this time.

“Ah!” She opened her eyes to see him. “What?” He only pointed at the snack in her hand while looking at the rest of the ones in the bag. “Choco Pie!” She cheered, holding it up like a little kid, looking incredibly happy. Won Woo just laughed at her childish behavior as he pulled out his phone. He composed a text to Mingyu.

 

Won Woo: I’m almost home. Something came up, so the trip ended early. Gather everyone at Jaehwan’s. I’ll tell you all about the trip there.

 

Mingyu: Aw! D: Okay!

 

Won Woo smiled, wondering how everyone was going to react when they see Ji Min came back with him.

“Is there anymore Choco Pies in that bag?” Ji Min grabbed his attention as she waved the empty Choco Pie packaging in the air.

“No, I think this one is mine.” He said while pulling out another.

“... share?” She gave those cute puppy eyes, making him laugh.

“Hmmm…” he looked at the treat, tapping his chin. “No.”

“No?!” She frowned before crossing her arms and pouted, facing the window.

“I’m just kidding, here.” He laughed, handing it over to her. “You can have it.”

“Really?” She asked, looking over her shoulder.

“Really.” He nodded, a loving smile on his face. “I like Choco Pies, but I love you more, so you can have it.”

“Awww~!” She blushed, turning to face him again. “Let’s just share it, because I love Choco pies, but I love you 100x more.” She cooed, accepting the treat from him.

“I’m glad I mean more than a snack.” He joked.

“You two are just too cute.” Leo mumbled up front, watching them in the rear view mirror.

 

 

Not long after, they finally made it back to Seoul. Since Leo had somewhere to be once they got back, he dropped them off at Ji Min’s brother’s house, promising to come back later with her stuff.

“I’m so nervous.” Ji Min muttered as they stood at her brother’s front door. “Everyone is inside?”

“I think so. I told Mingyu to bring everyone here so I could tell them about the trip.” Won Woo said while quietly turning the doorknob. The door opened and he lead Ji Min inside silently. They could already hear the voices of their 12 friends chatting in the living room.

“Do you think he got to see Ji Min?” They heard Seungkwan ask, sounding hopeful.

“I hope so!” Chan exclaimed.

“Judging by how little he texted, I think they did meet.” Jisoo said next.

“True. Good luck trying to get their attention when they’re together.” Jeonghan chuckled, looking back on how the two would ignore the rest of them when they were in each other’s presence.

“I Hope he took pictures.” Hansol spoke up.

“Sorry, I didn’t take pictures.” Won Woo interrupted while stepping into the room, without Ji Min. She was hiding off to the side of the entrance.

“Aw, why not?” Mingyu frowned, looking his way.

“I took something better.” He smiled before looking to his right and reached his hand out for Ji Min to take. He then brought her into view and literally everyone in the room froze.

“Ji Min?!” They asked in complete shock. “You took Ji Min?!”

Seungkwan was the first one to jump up from his seat and run over to her, giving her a tight hug while crying, he was so happy to see her again.

“Seungkwannie!” She smiled, wrapping her arms around him just as tight.

“Kwannie.” Won Woo corrected.

“Don’t start!” She laughed.

“Nooooonaaaaa~!” Chan was next, running over with teary eyes as he attached himself onto her side, joining Seungkwan’s hug. “Nooonaaa! I missed you so much!”

“Awww, I missed you too!” She couldn’t help it as the tears tried to fall.

Hansol and the rest finally came over and joined the hug, surrounding her. Won Woo laughed as he couldn’t see the top of her head anymore, it was like his group of friends swallowed her whole!

After a few minutes of the group hug, they parted, besides Seungkwan. He was just too lost in his feels right now to react properly as he continued to cry and hold onto her. She didn’t mind it not one bit, not letting him go either.

“I can’t believe it.” Jeonghan wiped his tears away, Jisoo holding him from behind. He had started to cry when his younger friends did.

“Aw, baby.” Jisoo chuckled, holding his boyfriend tighter.

“How…?” Hansol asked, still looking in a state of shock.

“I decided to come back with Won Woo since… I know this is where I belong.” She smiled.



Chapter seven!

Woooo, an update! Finally! Mansae, Mansae, Mansae Yeah~!

SVBRyUrk0csTF6uAl6w6DZQSGndi8ZLsSF-kDYve

Sorry for the wait. It goes without saying that school is taking up most of my time now ><

gHLcFvxHsz7uyhqrYIjLh1IwrBUcW-vXa5FRduoJ

Wow, that was a bold move Ji Min made, right?!

B4TS2sR7PcCJbN-AqXDvFO79oQZJza3f5TG64Fiw

DUDES, WON WOO IN MANSAE IS TOTALLY HOW I PICTURE RAIN SOUND WON WOO TO BE!

LIKE… I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE IT!

3hMhe3K_ZdIcEX1IEqaWyOTUzJ_Zc2D4qF1jjDJ0

I kinda wish they didn’t use that actress since well… I watched School 2015 and I absolutely hated her character with a burning passion so can you guess how I reacted when I saw her with Won Woo? I screamed at my computer screen! My sister was like “What’s wrong with you?! Mom’s sleeping!” Hahahahaha. I know it was just a character she played, but even so… did you how she treated Seokmin?!

4vEZaKG6TcsgAPJbxanO4y7L7FPWkdVIiuGU6D8r

So I still kinda hate her character in Mansae, too! OTL

BLn5CmgHyFHpoF9Su2ffiwbea-hdHPU0-eYVs10P

I ALMOST DIED WATCHING THE MV!

I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH MY FRIEND AND SHE WAS LAUGHING HER OFF

BECAUSE I KEPT SCREAMING ANYTIME WON WOO, JEONGHAN, MINGYU OR JISOO SHOWED UP ON THE SCREEN

Ez3jsvb27nOapB0G1B2XZG4bSv9-lO0deFfb-1wQ

AHHHHHHH!

I SHOULD HAVE RECORDED MY SCREAMING AND SHOWED YOU GUYS XD

I COULD JUST NOT KEEP CALM~!

6wpgvJRW6_UsL0Djv1Q560APckHWLv1ITvamEIKc__guQII49lDpodqPXIJaFslhmwc_oPTfmiTKFWXxf

WHYYYYYMINGYUUUUUUWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

RdK9-zxEWESZeWa609vH9ZdwFDFPg3GTKIFO8Cuj

I LITERALLY SQUEAL EVERY TIME I SEE THIS!!!

MY HEART!

IT CAN’T TAKE IT!

*FAINTS*

kdnzqN7Lq_00tBhNxthO-xIvZtR6_SrIkBOCIcn7

Won Woo: Okay, author-nim really fainted so I’ll close up here.

Here’s chapter 7. We hope you liked it. Look out for more updates soon! Uhhh… bye.

tEkqTZwtDX8eKxiqp2j1U1PSVQ0qDEVg3LNO7L-v

*Jeonghan and Mingyu watching Won Woo close up the chapter.*

Jeonghan: Why is he so awkward?

Mingyu: He’s probably nervous...

ujikDYjQ-hFfumTmMMFxTfTccT3VTi57K98iDNHy

Won Woo: ...

Lol, why? XD *just so excited haha*