Chapter 10

Rain Sound

 


Seven months later, July...

 

“Hey! Pay attention!” Mingyu scolded as he held his hand out to catch the dripping ice cream from Seungkwan’s cone before it could land on the boy’s shirt.

 

“Oh! Sorry!” Seungkwan chuckled before wiping it up with a napkin.

 

The two were at Han River today, eating ice cream together to celebrate Won Woo’s birthday. They were going to celebrate with the others later on as some of them were too busy right now to join them at the river, so it was just Mingyu and Seungkwan for now. Even if the birthday boy wasn’t here right now, they wanted to at least celebrate it. Get together and remember all the good times they had before he left.

 

“I really miss him.” Seungkwan sighed after a moment of silence passed. “Do you think they’re doing okay?”

 

“I’m sure they’re doing fine, if not, wonderful.” Mingyu smiled, patting him on the back. “Won Woo’s probably gotten himself a job. Ji Min’s probably playing housewife. I bet they’re planning on when they’re coming back, too.”

 

“I really hope so.” Seungkwan tried to smile, but it was hard to do that. He was so worried about them…

 

“All we can do is hope for the best.” Mingyu said positively, forcing another smile. It was hard, but he was doing his best to stay strong.


Two months later, September…

 

“Please don’t cry, Seungkwan…” Jeonghan rubbed the younger’s back with a look of worry.

 

“It’s okay, just let him be.” Jisoo assured his boyfriend as everyone else watched on in silence.

 

Today was Ji Min’s birthday, things seemed fine until Seokmin brought out the cake that was really just a pile of Choco Pies. They all knew how much the girl loved Choco Pies. Once Seungkwan saw it, he couldn’t help it and was overwhelmed. He really wanted his friends to come back, so bad…

 

They hadn’t heard anything from the two since last December and that stressed everyone out. They were so worried, scared that something happened to them and that’s why they hadn’t made any contact yet. They understood maybe the two were just avoiding getting caught, but still…

 

Shortly after, Seungkwan calmed down and reached for one of the Choco Pies and smiled. He missed her terribly but realized he shouldn’t let the negativity and tears get the best of him. He was going to remember the good times from now on and trust that she and Won Woo were doing the best they can to return to him and his friends.

 

Everyone reached for a Choco Pie as well once they saw the boy cheer up. They were glad.

 

“For Ji Min!” Soonyoung cheered.

 

“For Ji Min!” The rest joined before opening their snacks and eating them.


Three months later, Christmas Eve…

 

“They’re… not coming back, are they?” Seungkwan muttered quietly as he and Mingyu sat together at Han River this Christmas Eve. Another three months had passed by and still no contact from their friends. They had been scared and worried all this time but just recently wondered if maybe it was because… they weren’t coming back.

 

“We don’t know that…” Mingyu replied, looking up at the night sky.

 

“Surely they would have tried contacting us by now, right?”

 

“I know you’re upset, but don’t let the negativity cloud your mind.” Mingyu wrapped an arm around him. “It’s hard… I understand. We just want them back but… we have to understand that they’re probably trying to better themselves before returning.”

 

Seungkwan stayed quiet, fighting the tears back.

 

“I’m sure they’ve been thinking of us every day. I’m sure they’ve been worrying about us too… let’s just do the same.” Mingyu gave him a side hug. “We’ll meet again, one day… I’m sure of it.”

 

The two looked out to the river, feeling hopeful again after Mingyu’s positive words. Seungkwan sniffled here and there, leaning into his hyung’s warm hold. At least he had Mingyu with him, Won Woo’s best friend.


3 weeks later, January…

 

“Happy Birthday, Seungkwan!” Everyone cheered as Mingyu brought the birthday boy into the room. Soonyoung and Seokmin tossed confetti around the room while Seungcheol and Jeonghan brought in the massive cake. Jisoo and Jihoon started to carefully lite the candles on the cake as the others started to sing Happy Birthday.

 

“Thank you, everyone.” Seungkwan smiled with happy tears.

 

“Hurry, blow out the candles!” Chan said excitedly nearby.

 

“Settle down, don’t rush him.” Mingyu scolded with a small laugh. “Go ahead, make a wish.” He turned to Seungkwan with a kind smile.

 

“Okay.” He nodded, taking a deep breath.

 

I just want everyone to be healthy and happy for the years to come…

 

After he made his wish, he blew out the candles.

 


“Yay! Time to eat!” Chan jumped up and down like a little kid.

 

“Is that the only reason you’re here?” Jeonghan chuckled, grabbing some plates while Seungcheol started to cut the cake to serve everyone.

 

“N-No…” Chan tried to say innocently.

 

“Whatever!” Seungkwan laughed, grabbing a chunk of the cake and shoving it into Chan’s face, shocking everyone.

 

“Cake fight!” Hansol shouted as the younger ones grabbed at the cake, the older friends watching in horror. But at least they were all having fun. That’s all that mattered...


One month later, February…

 

“Congratulations on graduating, squirt!” Mingyu smiled as he ruffled Seungkwan’s hair.

 

They were at the pizza joint they always hung out at with their friends to celebrate some more after the graduation ceremony. Seungkwan along with Hansol, Minghao and Chan finally graduated high school today.

 

“I’m so proud of you boys!” Jeonghan gushed like any mother would, Jisoo chuckled as he put his arm around his loving boyfriend, mentioning he was proud of their younger friends, too.

 

“Thanks!” The younger boys beamed as the pizza finally arrived to their table.

 

“Eat as much as you want boys! You deserved it!” Seungcheol smiled at the head of the table.

 

“Leave some for us at least.” Jihoon pouted next to him.

 

Everyone laughed before digging in.

 

It wasn’t too long into their little celebration when Mingyu’s phone started ringing in his pocket. When he pulled it out, he didn’t recognize the number and hesitated on answering it.

 

“What is it?” Seungkwan asked when he noticed Mingyu starting down at his phone. He leaned over to see someone was calling him. “Aren’t you going to answer it?”

 

“I don’t know who it is, though…” he said, about to put his phone away when he remembered how Won Woo got a call from an unknown number and it turned out to be Ji Min. Quickly he answered the call. “Hello?!”

 

“Gosh, I thought you weren’t going to answer!” He heard Won Woo’s teasing voice on the other line.

 

“Maybe because the caller ID is unknown!” Mingyu laughed in reply. He was definitely in shock right now but managed to reply sort of calm.

 

“Impressive, I was sure you would have started crying by now when you heard my voice.” Won Woo continued to tease.

 

“Sorry, but I know someone who will.” Mingyu grinned, turning to Seungkwan. “Here.” He handed the phone over.

 

“Who is it?” Seungkwan asked nervously after he was handed the phone. Everyone at the table noticed and quieted down to see what was happening.

 

“Just answer it.”

 

“But you already answered it-”

 

“Just say hello!” Mingyu laughed, making Seungkwan put the phone up to his ear.

 

“H-Hello.”

 

“Hey, Kwannie, I missed you.”

 

And just like that, Seungkwan was crying a river.


Two months later, April…

 

“Did he call yet?!” Seungkwan asked eagerly after arriving to Mingyu’s place.

 

“Not yet. Calm down.” Mingyu laughed when he saw the boy overflowing with excitement.

 

Lately, Won Woo’s been calling them once a week or once every other week. Last time he called, he promised that he’d call on Mingyu’s birthday.

 

“The day is almost over!” Seungkwan frowned when he looked at the time. They’d be meeting up with the others soon to celebrate the older’s birthday over dinner.

 

“Just be patient, will you.” Mingyu reached over to pinch his cheek.

 

At that moment, his phone started to ring!

 

“Put it on speaker!” Seungkwan exclaimed.

 

“Okay, okay! Settle down.” He laughed, answering the call and pressing the speaker button. It was like Seungkwan was a little kid, waiting to speak to his mom or dad who was working away from home.

 

“Saeng il chukha hamnida~” They heard both Won Woo and Ji Min sing on the other line. Seungkwan quickly joined them. “Saeng il chukha hamnida~ Sarang ha neun Mingyu-ah, saeng il chukha hamnida~!

 

“Wooo~! Yay!” Seungkwan cheered with the two on the line.

 

“Happy Birthday, Mingyu! Sorry we couldn’t be there to celebrate it with you this time… hopefully next time!” He heard Ji Min apologize.

 

“Hyung?” Seungkwan asked when Mingyu didn’t say anything. He saw the older cover his eyes, looking overwhelmed. “Awh, hyung! Don’t cry!” He chuckled, leaning over to give him a hug.

 

“Aish, what a loser.” Won Woo laughed on the line. “Man up, Mingyu!”

 

“Says you who cried when you heard they celebrated your birthday without you.” Ji Min spoke up.

 

“You cried too!”

 

“No fighting!” Seungkwan cut in.

 

“Right!” Ji Min chimed. “Be sure to eat lots of food and cake for us!”

 

“Don’t worry, we will!”


Six Months later, October...

 

The months passed and both Won Woo and Ji Min had been in as much contact as they could with their friends, still not wanting to risk getting caught by the adults. Everyone was glad to hear how well the couple was doing on their own in Changwon. Won Woo did earn himself a job as well as Ji Min. The others had thought Ji Min would have played housewife, but they thought wrong.

 

They were definitely saving up their money for their return to Seoul, though it was taking some time. They told them they hoped they could come back before the year was over but they weren’t making promises. It was still difficult for them and they didn’t want to disappoint anyone. Their friends understood and even if they didn’t they had to.

 

Towards the month of October, their contact started to drop and by the end of October, no one had heard from the two. Everyone wondered what was going on, naturally worrying… perhaps they had gotten busy? Whatever it was, the group of friends tried to keep positive.


Two months later, Christmas Day…

 

Waking up, Mingyu groaned as he pulled his pillow over his head to block out the morning sunlight trying to beam through his bedroom window. He didn’t slept well last night, his mind clouded with thoughts of his two friends he missed dearly. Since they hadn’t been in contact with him these past three months, he started to worry if something really happened to them. He knew they couldn’t keep in contact too much, but it’s been 3 months now. He assumed it was safe to start seriously worrying now.

 

Just then his phone buzzed on his nightstand, alerting he got a text. Sitting up, he tiredly reached for it. Slapping his cheek a few times, he started to become more alert as he opened up the text that happened to be from… Won Woo.

 

Won Woo: Merry Christmas! ^^

 

He started in shock for a few seconds before quickly tapping away at the screen to form a reply.

 

Mingyu: Hyung! I was so worried~! Where have you been?!

 

Minutes passed and he didn’t get a reply. Mingyu frowned as he sat in bed waiting for his phone to light up again. Why wasn’t he replying again?!

 

At that moment, he heard something hit his window. Confused, he crawled out of bed and headed over to his window, pulling back the curtain to look out when something hit the window again. It looked like snow… a snowball! “What?” He blurted out before looking past the two spots of snow on the window. He could see someone outside dressed in black, waving his arms in the air when the noticed Mingyu looking out the window. “... no way.” A smile quickly grew on his face before he ran out of his room, all the way down the stairs to the front door.

 

He yanked the door open and dashed outside, not caring to slip his shoes on, nor a jacket.

 

“Yah! Kim Mingyu, are you crazy?!” Won Woo shouted as Mingyu ran up to him in the snow, tackling him with a bear hug.

 

“Hyung!” Mingyu cried, clinging onto his best friend like a koala to his favorite tree. “I missed you so much, hyung!”


“I can tell!” Won Woo laughed, trying to return his hug. “Can you loosen your hold, I… can’t breathe.”

 

“Never!” Mingyu sobbed. “I’m never letting you go!”

 

“Jeez, Mingyu, I’m not going anywhere after this!” Won Woo assured him. “I’m here to stay!”

 

“Really?!” Mingyu asked after parting from their embrace.
 

“Yeah, I’m back, for good.” He smiled up at his friend before frowning. “I was really hoping I would have gotten taller by now…” Mingyu laughed at his comment before pulling him into another tight hug.

 


 

Seungkwan heard the doorbell ring downstairs after waking up. He paid no mind to it, turning on his side to sleep some more when the bell rang a few more times… then it started to get annoying, ringing ever other second. “Who the heck is at the door?!” He growled, rolling out of bed and made his way downstairs.

 

By now the person was spamming the doorbell.

 

“Yah! You’re only supposed to ring the bell once!” He shouted after opening the door. His irritated expression quickly changed into one of shock and surprise.

 

“Ding-dong!” Ji Min chimed happily, ringing the doorbell again.

 

“Noona!” He exclaimed, grabbing her into a tight hug.

 

“Awh, Kwannie! Did I wake you? I’m sorry! I thought you would have been awake by now!”

 

“No! No! I’m glad you woke me up!” He cried, holding her tight. “Noona! Is it really you?!”

 

“Yes! It’s me!” She chuckled, returning his tight embrace. “Gosh, I missed you so much, Kwannie!”

 

All the boy did was cry and sob into her shoulder, he had thought this Christmas wasn’t going to be as great since all he wanted was for his friends to come home. When they hadn’t heard from them for so long, he figured he wasn’t going to get his wish… but he did!

 

After a few minutes, Seungkwan managed to calm down just a little and they took a moment to examine one another.

 

“You got taller!” She beamed, it made him laugh… of course he gotten taller! He was still growing when she left, that was two years ago. “And you’re even more handsome than I remember! Oh my, do you have any girlfriends to introduce me to? Hmmmm?” She grinned, nudging him.

 

“No, I don’t.” He blushed embarrassed at her teasing. “But speaking of relationships… where’s Won Woo?”

 

 

“Is everyone here?” Jaehwan asked as he looked out to the small crowd of faces. He had told everyone to come over to celebrate Christmas at their house this year. They had spent it at Seungkwan’s last year, but this year the boy asked if they could spend it at the Lee household. Of course they agreed! After counting 10 faces he frowned. “Seungkwan and Mingyu are missing?” He asked.

 

“They’re probably still sleeping.” Soonyoung chuckled. “Should one of us go fetch them?”

 

“That’s okay, we can wait a little longer.” Hongbin assured them. “We can just socialize a bit before then, sound good?”

 

Everyone was in agreement before grouping off and starting conversations with the Lee brothers and their friends.

 

Twenty minutes has passed and Jaehwan wondered if the boys just weren’t up for celebrating today, knowing they had been stressing over the lack of contact by Won Woo and Ji Min. He was about to get up and mention he’d go check on them when the doorbell rang.

 

“That must be them!” Hakyeon smiled, quickly sprinting over to answer the door. It suddenly got quiet as they all heard him open the door and gasp. “Oh my goodness, Santa came!” He shouted, running back into the room with excitement. He looked back and in came Mingyu and Seungkwan holding a small sack of presents.

 

“Presents!” Chan cheered, running over before something caught his eye behind the two. “... N-Noona?! Hyung?!” He stood there in complete shock as both Won Woo and Ji Min stepped into the room with another sack of presents.

 

“Merry Christmas!” They waved to everyone.

 

The room nearly went into chaos as they all wanted to run up and hug the two, but they couldn’t do that, there was too many of them!

 

“Brothers first!” Ravi laughed as he gestured for the younger people to stand back as both Hongbin and Jaehwan rushed over to grab their sister into a tight hug. Won Woo was going to step away to greet his friends in the meantime but Hongbin grabbed him, forcing him to join the little group hug. It was such an overwhelming moment for everyone as they reunited with the couple.

 

Two years, and they were finally home.

 


A few hours later…

 

“This had to be the best Christmas ever!” Chan said with joy as he was hugging the present Won Woo and Ji Min got him to his chest. A Michael Jackson CD collection.

 

“I’m glad you like your present.” Ji Min giggled, petting him on the head. She glanced over to their other friends who just couldn’t stop admiring the presents they got as well. It was cute, like they were little children again.

 

She locked eyes with Won Woo and they shared a loving smile with one another before he remembered something. “Oh, right… here, babe.” He said, pulling something out of his pocket.

 

“Oh? For me?”

 

“No, for Mingyu.” He teased before handing the small box to her. “Yes for you!”

 

“Awwwh, is this what I think it is?” She looked down at it in her hand. Their friends noticed the two talking and turned their attention to them.

 

“Yeah,” Won Woo nodded as she opened it up to see a 17 carat diamond ring. “I finally got you the ring.”

 

“The ring?!” Mingyu almost shouted.

 

“It’s so pretty! Thank you!” Ji Min gushed, pulling it out of the ring box. Won Woo took it from her and placed it on her left ring finger.

 

“You’re engaged?!” Seungkwan blurted out.

 

“Yes.” Ji Min giggled at everyone’s shock. “And you’re all invited to the wedding!”

 

“We better be!” Jeonghan pouted. “Oh my god, they’re getting married before us!” He turned to his boyfriend who only laughed. Sometimes he felt like his lover was competitive when it came to relationships. Like they had to be first to do everything because they’re older.

 

“Wow, I’m speechless!” Hongbin stared at the couple. “In a good way, of course!”

 

“I’m really proud of you two.” Jaehwan smiled. “And I’m really glad it’s you that’ll be marrying our sister. You’ve proven you can take care of her…” just then his voice cracked and tears started to well in his eyes.

 

“Awh, don’t cry!” Ji Min got up to hug her brother.

 

“I’m sorry! I told myself I wasn’t going to cry when you get engaged but… My baby sister! She’s getting married before me!” He wailed.

 

“Oh gosh, you and Jeonghan are so alike.” She sighed, letting go of him. Everyone in the room laughed, watching her brothers ridiculous antics, but in the end, everyone was happy.

 

 

Time passed and it was now late evening. Everyone had gone home a few hours ago after catching up and having a great time together on this Christmas day. Now Won Woo and Ji Min were up in her room lying down on her small bed together.

 

“I didn’t notice how small this bed was until now.” Ji Min chuckled as she was cuddled up to her fiancé.

 

“That’s okay, I’ll make sure you don’t fall off.” Won Woo smiled, holding her close. He had her left hand in his, admiring the engagement ring on her finger with a soft smile on his lips. “We’re finally home…”

 

“Mmhm. I’m really happy we’re back. Hopefully only good things will happen from here on out.”

 

“I hope for the same.” He agreed, interlocking his fingers with hers and holding her hand tight. “It was a crazy two years… but we survived it. Thanks for trusting me.”

 

“And thanks for doing your best! I know it was hard at first but I believed you could do it… I love you so much for that.” She smiled, giving him a kiss to his cheek.

 

“I love you, too.” He held her tighter. “Here’s to us and our happily ever after.”

 

“To us!”

 

“Come here…” he tilted her chin up and captured her lips into a loving kiss.

 

“Did I hear, ‘To us!’? You better not be drinking in there!” They heard Jaehwan complain in the hallway. The two laughed quietly before Won Woo pulled the covers over them and brought her into another kiss.


Chapter ten!


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

C1lPJOfp1xEJyFs3UREAE_RCerCR4JRpGX1_Xij7Bm_oKl-z4_0RRqS4G1_1OHbQjHBgQ9SVCTf3OzQu

hcn2lJBDHuGyQspOHA4ZzamP-mc4ubsxknSjYWDp

*Gosh, sorry they didn’t have any Meanie photos in that shoot.. not that I know of*

LOL Let’s pretend Jisoo is Ji Min?

dj0yYntCWQQZxEsjnZAgqnQAUHW-dJlfF_uWWr5D

LOL NO NVM DON’T DO THAT

nmYsW6BcE3aYevROVUs0OvXNHZd39d9El1QL7EM5

Here’s chapter ten! Here’s the final chapter!

It’s over!

PKo1QgsxBlE4BFihrT-LHfwKyyN5ncBHi7-z6dA1

I am going to apologize if it wasn’t the best ending.

I’ve never really ended a fic and that’s probably why haha

This will be the first fic I finished on AFF ever!

nQKoiMm4zujkG4QjJHd51QBiPzwpLjppsAbgShXJ

I feel… great. LOL I feel like I’ve accomplished something!

Yay!

FEnuEJSk0N5zjsZ81-LfcMQ5sGq8MLAI0Tq1oaYm

Thanks to all who read and supported this fic! It was a wild ride but here we are, at the end.

I hate to say goodbye to Won Woo and Ji Min, but actually they have a new fic out!

pNLapi6NRvA29kIps5LX7_mMpb-NGFc7dWDjV1zs

I mean… their personas are completely different there, but it’s still Won Woo x Ji Min

XD so if anyone is interested in this new Won Woo fic, here’s the link! ^^

pIFCDsN3smdZW4C6nbkK-xOC7-ltN9uDBS6VMa-Q

Just, thanks again to everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday~!

Be safe!

And… *teary eyes* goodbye, since this fic is over haha.

Feel free to check out my other stories, of course I’ll be there! XD

5pDx_ioDjZFgwjplqTDGXExK7nJ4cOh5cNbPdo8o

Goodbye, again…

*awkward*

gosh, what the heck am I going to do when all my other fics end…

*WORRIED*

-r5waTIhKIXAHWNCP2SmyGuZMBd34GICs3pKTqW8

GOODBYE FOR REAL!

AH~! OAO”

vsIVXMjQeIFAthbMJndrQA4dQ-owpCjpDmX37xgl