#oo7

Lost in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RING RING RING

 

The ringtone of the phone broke them apart. Soeun fanned her face as she looked outside the window. She almost lost herself to him again. Though her mind told her to hold back herself, but her body seemed to never listen to her mind.

Jaerim cursed under his breath as he fished out his phone from his pocket before looking the caller ID. Ilwoo

Of all the times, he has to call me now?

He glanced at his wife who was busily fanning her blushing face. He turned the AC higher before answering the call.

“Wae?” He answered rather annoyingly.

“Yah!” He could hear the other line chuckled. “Are you angry that I interrupt your private moment with your wife?”

Jaerim looked around before he spotted a black car behind him through the rear mirror. Looking at the car plate, he was sure that it was his best friend’s car.

“Get a room, Song Jaerim!” Ilwoo laughed heartily. “Do you have to do it in the middle of the road? Go somewhere quiet!”

“You annoying bastard!” Jaerim scoffed before starting his engine and driving forward. “You won’t be blind if you just ignored me.”

“You know how nosy I am!” His best friend replied. “Can I expect to see mini Jaerim and mini Soeun soon?”

“Yah! Mind your own business! I’m hanging up!” Jaerim hung up on him before throwing his phone to the backseat.

Just like that, they shared the awkward silence as they drove back.

Instead of going to her company, Jaerim brought her to the large shopping mall in Gangnam. She was confused, but got off the car, anyway.

“Where are we going?” She asked and slung her bag over her shoulder. “Why aren’t we going back to the company?”

“We need to buy a present.” He replied and led the way. “It’s Hwejangnim’s birthday.”

“You should have told me earlier.” She said. “What should we buy for him?”

“I don’t know. I‘ve never bought him any gift before.” He shrugged before throwing his arm over her shoulder.

“What are you doing?” She asked and tried to push his arm away.

“We’re in public.” He whispered. “Remember we’re a happy married couple!”

“Should we buy him a tie?” She changed the topic. “Or a watch?”

“Up to you!” He said. “You’re his daughter in-law. He will like whatever you bought for him.”

“Be good to your parents!” She said. “Don’t take them for granted! You’re going to regret one day if you keep doing it.”

“I know what to do.” He hissed. “Stop teaching me what to do! For your information, I’m older than you.”

“I’m trying to be a nice wife here.” She scoffed at him. “Let’s buy him a tie!” She led to the department store.

“Annyeonhaseyo!” The worker greeted them. “How can I help you?”

“We have a look first.” Soeun replied and smiled before heading straight to the tie section. “What should we choose?” She walked away from him and started looking around.

Jaerim headed over to the couch to sit down, giving her time to choose the present.

“We’re home!” Soeun announced as she and her husband slipped into their slippers before heading over to the large living room.

“You guys are here!” Mrs. Song greeted them happily in which Soeun replied with a smile before handing the nicely wrapped present to her father in-law.

“Saengil chukahaminda, abeonim!” She smiled when she saw his surprised expression.

Because it was the first gift he ever received from a family member.

“We wish you will always be healthy and longevity.” She said before she sneakily kicked Jaerim’s feet. He winced and scoffed at her. What are you doing? She eyed him.

“Saengil chuckahamida, abeoji!” He said and looked away awkwardly.

“Gomata, you two!” Hwejangnim said joyfully. “Especially you, aga-ah!” He looked at his daughter in-law.

“I didn’t do anything, abeonim!” She replied and took a seat beside her husband. “Jaerim-ssi is the one who do it.”

It was Jaerim’s turn to look at her confusingly. What exactly did he do besides reminding her about his father’s birthday?

“Let’s eat dinner.” Mrs. Song announced before leading the way to the dining room.

“Why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter