#oo2

Lost in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Are you crazy?” Kim Bum, her best friend asked and scoffed at her. “What kind of stupid are you talking about? Marriage contract? You are seriously insane, Kim Soeun. This is not some kind of joke.”

“Do I look like I’m kidding with you?” Soeun replied. “I really need your help, Bum-ah! Aren’t you my best friend?”

“You want me to prepare that kind of contract for you?” He rolled his eyes. “Forget it, Kim Soeun! Even though you’re the bestest friend of mine, I’m not going to do it for you.”

“Bum-ah!” She pleaded. “Did you forget that I’m the one who introduce you to Geunyoung unnie? Aren’t you going to pay me back?”

“I’m dead meat if noona knows about it.” He said and sipped on his coffee. “I’m still in my 20’s. I still need to live longer.”

“That’s why you need to keep it as a secret from everyone including Geunyoung unnie.” She sighed. “I don’t know any other lawyer I could trust my secret with and I couldn’t go to Hojoon oppa.”

“Soeun-ah!”

“Bum-ah!” She begged with her puppy eyes. “Kim Bum!”

“Aigoo! Why can’t I win against you?” He sighed in defeat. “I really need to be strong in front of your puppy eyes. Alright, when do you want it?”

“The sooner, the better.” She mumbled. “Cause the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends.”

“What do you think about this dress?” Mrs. Kim asked as she shown her daughter another wedding dress. “Out of what you try, which one do you like best, Soeun-ah?”

“Anything is fine for me, umma!” Soeun replied wearily. Since the morning, she had tried on numerous of white dress which she didn’t see any difference between each of them. It’s all white, sleeves or sleeveless, long or short. She can’t even remember the exact design on each of them.

“It’s your big day. You have to be the most gorgeous.” Mrs. Kim patted her head. “So, Song Seobang won’t be able to look at other women.”

“Umma, we just met several times.” She answered. “We don’t even know each other well. Even if he look at other women, it’s his business.”

“Soeun-ah!” Her mother sat down beside her and held her hands gently. “Tell umma honestly! You don’t want this marriage, do you?”

“Honestly, I don’t!” Soeun sighed deeply. “I mean, out of blue, I have to tie a knot with a stranger when I already had a boyfriend. I agree on it out of my respect and love to you two. I don’t want to disappoint the two of you.”

“Umma can see how much you two are in love with each other.” Mrs. Kim said. “I like that Hojoon guy.”

“You like him?” Soeun asked in surprise. “I thought umma and appa don’t like him. You two don’t seem to like him whenever he visit.”

“He’s a nice guy. I can see through him.” The mother sighed. “But we have made a promise with the Songs even before you were born. Jaerim’s mother is my best friend, so I can’t break that promise. It will be disrespectful to her.”

“Everything you do has its reason, that’s why I respect your decision, umma.” Soeun sighed. “Besides, you two really treasure me, so I want to give you two back as much as you two have given me.”

“Aigoo, my daughter is all grown up.” Mrs. Kim smiled proudly and pulled her daughter into an embrace. “You really grow up well, Soeun-ah! For now, you only need to be happy in your marriage and that’s what I always hope for you, my daughter.”

 

Will I be really happy in this marriage, umma?

Sitting alone in the bridal room, Soeun looked at her reflection in the mirror in front of her. She was in full makeup. Her long hair was curled into a slight wave and let it fall down on her shoulders with a tiara and veil on her head.

She really got married. Though it was just a fake wedding, she still felt butterflies in her stomach. Well, after all, every bride got nervous on her wedding day. Soon, through the reflection in the mirror, she saw the door opened and her mother came in.

“My daughter look like a princess.” Mrs. Kim smiled brightly as she hugged Soeun’s shoulders. “I can finally die in peace.”

“Umma, why are you talking like this on my wedding day?” Soeun frowned and turned her chair around, only to see her mother teared up. “Umma, why are you crying?”

“How can I not cry when I have to send my daughter away today?” Her mother blinked her eyes to hold her tear. “I won’t cry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter